“Got Scammed out of 180 Dollars”
Review of Bay Breeze Motel

Bay Breeze Motel
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 13 July 2008

it was horrible the second we walked in the door the owner was completely rude. we payed for 3 people to stay there. my husband stopped by during the day and probably stayed for 5 hours.....(dfid not spend the night) and he charged us 80 DOLLARS. i tried explaining he did not spend the night and he would not take the charge off my sisters card... i let it go and tried to enjoy our trip. The morning we left my sister went down to hand him the key he came storming upstairs saying the room better be spotless or it will be a 100 dollar fee. THE ROOM WAS A LITTLE MESSY BUT NOTHING WAS BROKEN AND WE HAD TO GET THE POLICE INVOLED. MY SISTER BEING YOUNGER THAN ME SIGNED A PAPER HE TOLD HER TO SIGN WHICH FORCED US TO PAY THE FEE. HE DOES SHADY BUSINESS... HE BASICLY ROBBED US... I WOULD NOT STAY HERE.... THROUGHOUT THE WEEK HE KICKED NUMEROUS PEOPLE OUT WITHOUT REFUNDING THERE MONEY. they do this because they r fully booked so if they clear out rooms they can give them to other people which generates profit.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank censak

Reviewed 6 July 2008

RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND NOT HONEST.......In this motel the customer is always wrong.
I stayed their with my family and the place appeared clean, but besides that, we were told WE HAD TO STAY A 3 NIGHT MINIMUM when other people there didn't have to guarantee that and pay for that and other people there didn't book that,. So basically they take your money if they can and they don't treat everyone equally and with the same policies, which is NOT FAIR, ALL POLICIES SHOULD BE the same FOR ALL CUSTOMERS. They also said it was a family place and basically lied cause there were only 2 other families there, the rest were kids in their early 20's., so they will tell you anything to take your money, beware. The staff / owners are rude and unhonest and just want your money. I would never stay there again and i would never recommend it to anyone and shame on them cause i am upper middle class and we could have given them alot of business if we were treated equally and with respect, honesty, but that wasn't the case. I rate it 1 star.
D-
New York

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank denised36
Reviewed 24 May 2008

me and 3 other friends visited the New Jersey Shores... The room was smelly when we arrived and looked like the sheets were not changed, just made. The cleaning lady hardly came by and noooooo clean towels when I asked for them....... I TOOK A BATH.. AND TO MY HORROR.... 3 LITTLE COCKROACHES BY MY FEET!!! HOW GROSS IS THAT!!!! It is tooo pricey and is not worth it... trust me.....................HEALTH ALERT!!!!!

disappointed travelers from Boston, MA

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank annoyedvisitor
Reviewed 25 August 2007

I read the other reviews and was surprised. We went down the end of August. We thought is was nice. Room did smell a little smokey, but it was a no smoking room. Rooms have been redone. Nice tile floors, no yuck carpets. nice paint and repainted furniture. TV was very small and we did not have a remote. Our room..(11) had a nice size fridge and a microwave. Beds seemed clean and were comfy. Air conditioner was right up next to the bed so it was hard to keep the room cool, but thats how these rooms are. I unlike the other reviews thought it was a little far from the boardwalk. The web site says just 2 short blocks from the boardwalk. More like 3 blocks and you have to cross 2 major roads. I had a 2 years old, so that was the only reason it bothered me. But the cross walk signals make it easy. The pool was very small. But it seems they all are in this town. But it was clean when I was there. Oh, Monday-Friday they put out a continental breakfast. Coffee, tea, bagels and doughnuts. That was nice. We would try this hotel again, maybe we were just lucky, but we thought it was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2007

So many problems from beginning of stay until end. When we arrived, myself and my two friends were told the room was not ready and there were no other facilities to hold our luggage, or change so we could at least wait at the beach or go shopping while we wait.

My friend booked the room on her credit card and paid a deposit which was supposed to be a portion of the total charge. They then tried to charge her the total price on top of that instead of just tacking on the rest of the charge!! It was a good thing we caught that.....watch out for this!

The room was small and dirty and smelled like smoke even though they said it was a non-smoking room. There were three of us and only two towels available - and one was ripped! The TV did not get any channels and there was no phone.

We were told not to make a lot of noise when returning to our rooms if we were out late, and when we did return one night, the hotel manager was outside as if he were monitoring the place....he followed us from the street to the stairs and watched us! We are three girls in our late 20s and we gave him no reason to believe we'd be causing any trouble. Meanwhile, the next night, he was no where to be seen and there were several teenage boys in the room across from us who taunted us and harassed us as we came back to the hotel. They made noise all night and our room was right next to the stairs so we could hear everyone going up and down and partying all night.

The fact that it was a few blocks from the beach was nice, but the White Pearl was even closer and looked far more respectable. We met several people at the beach who were staying there and had nothing but good things to say!

AVOID THE BAYBREEZE MOTEL!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank frenchqtpy
Reviewed 30 July 2007

My two friends and I arrived at the motel around 2pm and were told the room wasn't ready. We then asked if we could use the restroom to change into our bathing suits and were told "that's not possible." We ended up waiting near the hotel pool, which is the size of a small jacuzzi , and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. It was disgusting.

When we were finally give our room key, the front desk manager told us that we had to keep the noise down and not cause any commotion during our stay. We were treated like little children and we are all in our late twenties. The treatment was rather demeaning.

We headed up to our room and found that there was no phone in our room and no channels came in on the television. That was just the beginning of our nightmare of a stay.

We were given bath towels that had holes in them. The towels themselves were like medium sized washcloths. So needless to say we asked for more towels. We were told we could not have anymore towels, with a rude attitude.

Also, the "housekeeper" does not make the beds for you. All she did was leave clean towels on the beds. They were not placed in the bathroom where you'd expect clean towels to be. The garbage was not taken out and the room basically looked untouched.

We saw that check-out time was 11 am (There was a sign on the inside of the hotel room door). That morning at around 10:00 am we heard loud banging on our motel room door. We opened it up to see a very angry motel manager who then proceeded to yell at us telling us that check-out was at 10 am. We then showed him the sign on our motel room door that said check-out was at 11am. He said that they hadn't updated the signs on the doors yet. I then said that was the motel's responsibiltiy, not ours. How were we supposed to know that?

In conclusion I would STRONGLY recommend AVOIDING THIS HOTEL. It was a nightmare from beginning to end.

The staff is rude and unprofessinal and they act as though they are doing you a favor for staying at their hotel. The hotel itself is dirty and unkept. Next time I go to the Jersey Shore I will stay at The White Pearl Hotel. I imagine that they would at least treat their guests with some respect.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank Italiantraveler4
Reviewed 18 July 2006

First off let me start by saying....this was the cleanist hotel room I have ever seen in Seaside Heights. The Staff was very nice...the weekday rate was reasonable. The only downside.....is their pool. It is very very small, but so are most pools in seaside. The two block walk to the boardwalk is easy as pie...they even have crossing signals that tell you how many seconds til the traffic light turns green (My boyfriend is from Queens and he cant understand why New York hasn't incorporated these there)

If you're lucky enought to stay on a Wednesday night, you can watch the fireworks right from the hotels balcony.

Overall a great value for the price.

Thanks.

#8 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Palm Villa Suites Hotel
Palm Villa Suites Hotel
#22 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Bay Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!