“Good Place for Price Paid”
Review of Bay Breeze Motel

Bay Breeze Motel
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 27 August 2008

After reading reviews for the motels in Seaside Heights I was a little worried about what I was getting the family into.

The Bay Breeze was simple but adequate for a family vacation.
The room was small for 4 people but there was a fridge and microwave as well as a long list of charges for anything that was broken or missing upon checkout. The list provided several laughs especially the $300 for a 13" tv.

The continental breakfast was adequate for the morning. There were beverages, cereal, danish, bagels.

The pool was small but provided a change of pace from the Ocean.

It was an easy walk to the Ocean (2 1/2 blocks) and the motel provided beach passes for us.

There were no telephones in the room but I didn't care if we could be reached.

Reviewed 27 August 2008

We have stayed at this motel for the past 3 years and loved it. But on our recent trip we woke up to find a dead bug and blood stains on the sheet. It turned out that both beds had bed bugs on the box spring by the head board. We took all personal belongings out of the room immediately. The owner was very accommidating by laundering our clothes and finding a new hotel room for us. He did however, try to insinuate that we brought the whole tribe of bed bugs with us. If you research "bed bugs" you will find out how easy it is to take them home without even knowing and how impossible it is to get rid of them. Thank God I saw a news report about the worldwide epidemic of bed bugs and knew what they were when I saw them. If I did not know what they were there is a good chance that I might have brought them home with me. So, for this reason I would not recommed this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2008
3  Thank chieffo
Reviewed 21 August 2008

We just stayed at the Bay Breeze Motel a couple weeks back and it was great. As soon as we got into the office, they greeted us nicely and we were shown our rooms in just a few moments without any commotion. The location of this motel was great becuase it was qiuet and nice, yet only a couple blocks away from the beach/ bay (for boating and recreational watercraft). Also, the breakfast area was nice becuase it had a TV to stay entertained, as well as a lot of vending machines for those late night cravings.

Will definately come to stay again next year.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Our stay at the Bay Breeze Motel in Seaside Heights, NJ was excellent. This was the second time we stayed. We found the staff to be helpful. The room was CLEAN and as advertised. The pool is very CLEAN and showers are available right next to the pool. It is conveniently located to the beach and in a quiet area. My stay at the Bay Breeze reminded me of family vacations from my youth which prompted me to attempt to share with my children. I will stay at the Bay Breeze again.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank whronis
Reviewed 13 July 2008

it was horrible the second we walked in the door the owner was completely rude. we payed for 3 people to stay there. my husband stopped by during the day and probably stayed for 5 hours.....(dfid not spend the night) and he charged us 80 DOLLARS. i tried explaining he did not spend the night and he would not take the charge off my sisters card... i let it go and tried to enjoy our trip. The morning we left my sister went down to hand him the key he came storming upstairs saying the room better be spotless or it will be a 100 dollar fee. THE ROOM WAS A LITTLE MESSY BUT NOTHING WAS BROKEN AND WE HAD TO GET THE POLICE INVOLED. MY SISTER BEING YOUNGER THAN ME SIGNED A PAPER HE TOLD HER TO SIGN WHICH FORCED US TO PAY THE FEE. HE DOES SHADY BUSINESS... HE BASICLY ROBBED US... I WOULD NOT STAY HERE.... THROUGHOUT THE WEEK HE KICKED NUMEROUS PEOPLE OUT WITHOUT REFUNDING THERE MONEY. they do this because they r fully booked so if they clear out rooms they can give them to other people which generates profit.

5  Thank censak
Reviewed 6 July 2008

RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND NOT HONEST.......In this motel the customer is always wrong.
I stayed their with my family and the place appeared clean, but besides that, we were told WE HAD TO STAY A 3 NIGHT MINIMUM when other people there didn't have to guarantee that and pay for that and other people there didn't book that,. So basically they take your money if they can and they don't treat everyone equally and with the same policies, which is NOT FAIR, ALL POLICIES SHOULD BE the same FOR ALL CUSTOMERS. They also said it was a family place and basically lied cause there were only 2 other families there, the rest were kids in their early 20's., so they will tell you anything to take your money, beware. The staff / owners are rude and unhonest and just want your money. I would never stay there again and i would never recommend it to anyone and shame on them cause i am upper middle class and we could have given them alot of business if we were treated equally and with respect, honesty, but that wasn't the case. I rate it 1 star.
D-
New York

2  Thank denised36
Reviewed 24 May 2008

me and 3 other friends visited the New Jersey Shores... The room was smelly when we arrived and looked like the sheets were not changed, just made. The cleaning lady hardly came by and noooooo clean towels when I asked for them....... I TOOK A BATH.. AND TO MY HORROR.... 3 LITTLE COCKROACHES BY MY FEET!!! HOW GROSS IS THAT!!!! It is tooo pricey and is not worth it... trust me.....................HEALTH ALERT!!!!!

disappointed travelers from Boston, MA

#20 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Sunset Motel
Sunset Motel
#9 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Bay Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!