I really wanna do this review in all fairness to the owner, and I am currently updating this via poolside on my iPad.
The owner is really nice. He is friendly, and runs this motel with his wife and 8 month old son. They tend to be talkative, so come prepared to share stories with them.
I started a new job 7 months ago, and planned all my vacations around holidays. I booked this trip, and paid in full in Feb. The owner admitted I was the first booking.
We were super excited for this trip, and I Use to be a frequent customer with my family back in the 90s. We are somewhat disappointed because our first night, the was a major beer party going on in the motel. No security stopped it. Our first full day here, there was the World Cup play offs, and these same ppl drug the tv out, and were loudly cheering. They even hung up the Brazilian flag on the railing, which I felt was disrespectful for the Fourth of July. There is a grill here, but they were constantly grilling and no one else could use it. One family even tried, but they kept right on. The beer was constantly flowing.
The pool is a whole other complaint. I will say the condition and upkeep is wonderful. These ppl are blasting at concert level, salsa music, all day long. And it is 6pm, so now they are drunk on top of it, so you can imagine what I am suffering thru. I have made many complaints to the owner, who pry knows me by name by now, but anytime he tells them to keep it down, they turn it right back up, I mean it, they literally took over the whole motel. They booked 8 rooms for 4 nights, and this motel is full. I was reassured that this is not an every weekend thing.
I would like to give it another try, but if this is the type of ppl who stay here, then I will keep it moving.
They room wasn't a palace. We saw dirt of the lampshade. My mom found dirt on her pillow. The pillows are flat, the beds are hard.
There is bagels and cereal in the breakfast buffet. It runs till 9:30 every morning. Our shower head whistles. My hubby pulled a clump of hair from the shower drain that wasn't his.
It is 2 blocks from the boardwalk.
There are beach passes. Free wifi. Refrigerator in the room. Ice machine was down.
It just seems like the owner doesn't like confrontation, and he will be losing customers from this. (The ppl not with this group, all have said so.)
I think I just picked a bad weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Belmont Motel our immaculately kept double motel rooms, fully equipped efficiencies, & deluxe luxury suites will suit all your family needs. FREE beach access, wireless internet, crystal clear swimming pool with poolside barbeque, & daily maid service are why so many of our guests return year after year. Our friendly staff is always available to make your stay in Seaside Heights the best ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belmont Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belmont Hotel Seaside Heights
- Belmont Motel Seaside Heights, NJ - Jersey Shore