This place is awful!! Upon checking in at 6:30 pm no one was at the front desk. There was a note to call, so I did. The front desk guy came down about 10 minutes later and checked me in. I asked if there was elevators since he put me on the 3rd floor and my mom can't do steps. He advised me there's no elevators at the hotel. He did offer me a so called suite on the 1st floor, so I took that option.. After driving all day we put our bags down and went for dinner on the boardwalk and went shopping and took the kids to the arcade. Getting back to our room at midnight, getting ready for bed we noticed, bugs on the walls, bugs crawling on the floor. We pulled the sheets down and we found bugs in both beds and also a long toe nail under the sheet. There was blood on the side of the wall by one of the beds. This hotel has window ac units looks like it's going to fall right out of the window. We felt very unsafe here, looked like anyone could've kicked the ac unit out of the window and break in.. The tile on the floor was broken and cracked in the entry floor and also in the bathroom. The toilet was very wobbly when u sat down.. The bathtub and the small sink was very dirty.. The room has a bad odor and the room was very dirty. The bedroom door that connects to the other room wouldn't shut or lock.. The front door of the room only had one lock and the chain lock was broke, again felt very unsafe!!!!! They say each room has a coffee maker and a blow dryer, which is a lie, our room didn't have these things in there... They also say free wi fi which doesn't work, go figure!!!! There is no phone in the room, which is also a negative, and the front desk guy leaves and goes somewhere and leaves a note on the door with his cell phone number if u need him.. Seriously!!! After we notice all these things we decided to leave. I called the man and he told me to leave my keys there and his manager would contact me the next morning. Which he never did!!! I checked into a different hotel that night and went back the next morning to the boardwalk seaport and spoke to the manager Alex, which is rude and says it's common to have bugs in the room since it's by the ocean. I've always stayed by the ocean before in different hotels and never experienced this before!!! I booked this hotel under booking.com and I tried to place a review on their website and I wasn't able to bc the manager deleted my booking. So I couldn't leave a negative review about my stay.. This hotel was awful, I have never experienced anything like this before.. Please stay away from this hotel!!! Also another negative you have to pay $6 to go on the beach!!! WOW??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is located on the boardwalk of Seaside Heights at the New Jersey Shore. The hotel offers stunning ocean and boardwalk views with a private feel with 10 rooms and 2 suites while still being only steps to the beach and boardwalk. Apartment rentals are also available near the hotel for groups of all sizes. A feature amenity is the sun deck on the 3rd floor which gives a wide view of the beach, ocean, pier, and boardwalk. For those who enjoy the famous MTV show, Jersey Shore, we are only a 1/2 block from the house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boardwalk Seaport Hotel Seaside Heights
- Boardwalk Seaport Motel
- Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Apartments Seaside Heights, NJ - Jersey Shore