“It's basically a dump.....”
Review of Buoy 16 Motel

Buoy 16 Motel
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
NY
“It's basically a dump.....”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Clean......, for the most part. Old tattered towels, cheap everything etc. I received a lecture about partying and noise, then was escorted down a loud hallway with people clearly partying in their rooms. Not sure why people say the owners were nice. One of the brothers almost jumped the desk at check-out because I mentioned being charged for one level room, but, was placed in another. Yes, I was flat out ripped off. When I mentioned it, his hands went up, he started screaming at me…..I thought he was coming. In any event, ….I told him the 10 dollars isn’t the issue anymore, his behavior is! He said he would credit me. Never did! So, if you looking for a dump to rip you off….this is the place. I can only hope this saves someone from the same mistake I made.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank geekhead

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Valhalla, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

boardwalk and beach was extremely close; the rooms were clean and the management was nice and very helpful. only problem that some might not like is bc it is so close to the beach and the boardwalk, it gets a little noisy at night, but that's all. highly recommend and when we come back to seaside, we plan to stay here!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle M
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Must say we had a pretty pleasant experience when staying at the Buoy 16. Check in was easy, the room was ready earlier than the actual check in time, so they let us know which was nice. One of the first things I do when arriving to the room is to move a piece of furniture to see if they move it to clean, just gives you a feel of how clean the room is and it passed the test. Been to Seaside Heights 3 separate times and stayed somewhere different each time and this motel had the nicest bathroom of them all.

The only thing I didn't like about the trip was how the guy that shows you the room came across. I know they probably deal with some troublemakers now and then, but you can't judge that a certain group will be like that. I'm pretty sure he thought we were party animals, because he said "you see how the room is, that's how it needs to be when you leave" which is something I have never heard before. I didn't say anything as I typically would because I wasn't sure how he meant it, but either way if you would use your hospitality skills, you wouldn't say something like that.

I bet he was surprised to see what the room looked like when we left, probably a lot easier to clean after we left than most places, after assuming what type of people we were.

For that very reason, I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room opened to the street facing the boardwalk and when drunk people would be walking by at 2AM...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank okTyler
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed June 25th only for one night, the room was very clean, the ac worked very well, the room had a mini fridge and microwave, the service was great, they gave us beach passes (we needed to leave an ID for the passes) it was about a two minute walk to the beach and the rides, it was located directly across from Jimbos, we didn't need to drive anywhere, you could walk to all the bars and stores. It was also right next to the water park. The only thing I didn't love about this place was that check out was at 10am, which to me is a little early and it didn't have a pool but with the beach so close I didn't feel like they really needed one. Had a great time and plan on staying here again in the near future!!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank melissa f
New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights. It was great. The place is clean and management is very helpful. It is right in the middle of everything going on. Extremely quiet for where it is located. We are going to go back to this motel every time we go to Seaside. The only downfall if you have kids there is no pool.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dawn D
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is the second season that we have traveled to Seaside Heights, NJ
and once again we stayed at the Buoy 16 Motel. The rooms were upgraded
during the winter months. My wife and I once again had a very pleasant
experience. This Motel is truly in the heart of Seaside Heights. This Motel
is worth checking out.

Room Tip: A Great Experience!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Anthony S
Bloomingdale, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 April 2014

very nice place to stay right across from the boardwalk. people are nice.no problem going again next year.if you want to drink and have a good ime you dont have to drink and drive.just walk across the street and you are there.lots of places to eat and have a good time. give it a try.you will be happy.

Room Tip: all are fine
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple