“amazing ..!!!!!!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
new jercy
“amazing ..!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

i stayed here at the memorial day week, rooms are clean and nice the pool is clean and the breakfast in the morning is amazing . the staff are very helpful they are trying to help us all the time .. if you are looking for a clean place and helpful staff go to cranbury inn

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank NewJercyAngela_2011
CranburyInn, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear Guest,

We are very glad you enjoyed the pool and the always delicious hot breakfast. We work hard to make our guests stay as stress-free as possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with everyone. We look forward to your stay later in the summer at the Jersey Shore!

Your Team at the Cranbury Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Union, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 June 2011

My friends and I stayed at the Cranbury Inn for our prom weekend. For only 2 nights we paid a great price! We literally had the best experience there than we would have had any where else. Even though its in seaside aka "sleazside" there was nothing dirty, gross, or grimy about this hotel. They had just finished all new renovations on the whole entire hotel and its honestly beautiful. This is definitely the best hotel in seaside. All of the workers were so nice and did everything and anything they possibly could to make sure we had an awesome time. Because of how much we loved the hotel we had already talked to the managers and owner of the hotel and all my friends and I plan on going back for a last great weekend before we all go to college. Honestly though, please if you're looking for a hotel in Seaside, this is the hotel you have to go to. Plus its only a short 2 blocks to the beach and a block to CVS AND they have a restaurant downstairs which serves breakfast and lunch which makes 2 easy convenient meals.
I love the Cranbury (:

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank michellee_2011
Dear Guest,

We have worked tirelessly this winter to complete an extensive renovation of our property. We are so thankful for you to take time and recognize our hard work. We are very happy you have booked to stay with us multiple times and we also love you! Thank you for choosing us for your Jersey Shore home!

New Jersey
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I am a long time returning customer and all I have to say is wow! I just got their updated brochure and it shows me that these new owners are really serious about the quality they wish to offer. After last years experience I was reassured by the management that when we come back next year they will be making drastic changes. First things first, the brochure itself is beautiful shows me they care about what they offer their guests & I also was a little disappointed by the lack of packages; so I called and questioned the management and the main reason to take most of them out was the lack of people booking them BUT they are willing to honor special requests for packages for us long time customers!!! On top of that RJ (the manager) told us they renovated the entire motel; from the floors to the furniture. I am returning this summer and if the stay goes well; going to book for another weekend this summer, I would recommend everyone giving these owners another chance because they mean business when it comes to customer service and quality...

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank supiverson2003
Dear Guest,

I know you have stayed with us since your first wrote this review. I hope you were more than satisfied (as many of our return guests are completely awestruck with all the changes we have done). I am very excited for all our guests this year to see the hard work. Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We are more excited anytime we hear such excitement from our customers!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for 20+ years. I've seen it go through 3 owners. The last family that owned it were very attentive to the guests and kept the hotel in good working order. They also made long time customers a priority, offering packages that the previous owner offered.
I returned last summer, 2010, to find new owners. They were not customer service oriented at all. Except for Marge, none of them belonged in any business where they would have to deal with the public.
The pool was absolutely filthy. They claimed to have a professional service cleaning the pool but in the entire week I was there the pool was cleaned once. The previous owners did it every day. The water was always cloudy and when we removed the lid from the pool filter is was clogged solid!
The breakfast was good but the service was very slow.
I tried to keep an open mind and thought that it might just be some growing pains. I planned on returning this year to give them another try. But when I received their brochure in the mail, their prices went way up and their special packages were almost non-existent.
I know for a fact that I am not the only long time customer they are losing.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank walt527
CranburyInn, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this review, 9 February 2011
Dear Guest,

We value your input on how we can improve our property. To address some of the concerns, we currently have ALL the packages that have been popular in the past. As any business does, we do change what is offered based on what worked last season and what didn't. Considering this, there has been very little change in the packages, with a few new things and a few old things removed.

We are glad to hear our breakfast was good and will be working even harder to make our small restaurant serve our large number of guests more efficiently.

We do understand the frustrations that you had with the pool, but our pool is cleaned everyday. When under the peak season times, there will be some pressure put on the pool systems, but as any issues arise, we do take care of them immediately. The "clog" is actually a chlorine tablet that is put there to slowly release the chlorine into the pool and once again, heavy use will also have an effect on the pool.

Please understand that we did our best to restrict any price increases. We are currently in the midst of a major renovation of the property and the packages/room rates are the same as last summer. The few increased dollars you see are not including AAA discount, Student and Military Discount, or Senior Citizen Discount (5%). The rates have not changed, but the old brochure did not offer discounts as we are offering this year. In addition, our standard summer rates are the same as last year, as the brochure is actually includes pre-season pricing (LOWER than standard rates as well as many competitor rates).
We know our hotel is an excellent product, but we still price much lower than most competitors to provide our guests with the best VALUE possible at the Jersey Shore.

We understand that you would like to give us another try and I invite you to do so. You will be very pleased by the hard work our team is doing to prepare for this upcoming year.

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We stayed over the Labor Day Weekend. This was our second stay here. The room we stayed in this time was nicer than the room we had a few years ago. We had a king size bed, fridge, desk, two chairs, two lamps, two endtables and another small table. We had a flat screen Tv. We would guess it to be a 32 inch? The bathroom had new walls and vanity. The tub and toilet were gold, so you know they were old. The room was clean and the AC worked fine. I received a package from UPS during our stay and the front desk had it wanting when I returned from the beach. Breakfast was kind of slow. I have to agree with the other poster who said the Russian girl seemed confused. The breakfast was good. I would stay here again. This is not the Holiday Inn. The rooms are older. The hotel is older. It is a seasonal beach motel and for the price we'll be back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo-travel-alot
CranburyInn, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
Dear Satisfied Guest,

I very much appreciate your honest review for our hotel. We are very glad that you are making these comments and I hope you will know that we are currently undergoing a FULL renovation, slated for completion in early 2011. I know that the old furniture and room style will be updated and furnished with quality in mind! We expect you will see a very big change in 2011 and will enjoy your stay even more than your last two!

Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Decided to turn a planned day trip to seaside into a overnight trip... looked online and saw that the Cranbury "looked" like one of the "nicer" motels in Seaside. Being in seaside, obviously it was expected it to be a little outdated and a little dirty. But this was by far worse than any one would expect out of seaside.

First off, it did not look ANYTHING like it did on the website... AT ALL. The parking was awful, the outside if the motel just looked dirty. Checking in the staff was very nice, they provided us with the remote to the TV at check in, that should have been our first clue. The walk up to the room was horrifying enough, it looks like a prison inside, stained carpets, chipped paint walls, green doors, it was just awful to even look at. Having an open mind, we bravely entered our room. First thought, "this looks like your typical seaside room, but do-able"

After looking at it for more than a minute, it was clear no one should be staying in this motel. The walls we're stained, furniture chipped and also stained. Room clearly un-vacuumed, appeared not to have been cleaned all summer. There was literally semen stains on the carpet, chair, and the bench in the room. As for the bathroom, it looked like they tried to fix it up and repair some things, but it was unbelievably dirty. The screen window was torn, and the view?? Was someone's backyard with their algae filled pool...EWW. The bed, was complete spring mattress it was harder than a rock, we were brave enough to lift the comforter and see what was underneath, and it was surprisingly clean, don't want to know what was under those sheets however... The real kicker was when we dared to open one of the drawers, there was the smoke detector, in the drawer with the batteries out.... looked up at the wall and could clearly see where the smoke detector SHOULD have been. How safe, right? (Management was completely unaware that it was off the wall)

After seeing all of this, we have had enough, (meaning a whole 30 minutes tops in the room) Went right downstairs and checked out with a refund. Made the management aware of our disappointment and how disgusting the room was. However, as nasty as the motel was, the staff there was extremely nice, when we checked out, there was no questions asked, gave us our refund and told us to have a nice day. All in all, DO NOT even waste your time with this place, it is unsanitary and just plain nasty, DOES NOT look like anything on the internet at all so don't be fooled. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate your comments on how we can improve our quality. Please know that the hotel is more than 30 years old and as such will have heavy wear and tear. We already have a complete planned renovation that will start in the fall of 2010 and finish early 2011. I do understand that the look of the furniture is not premium, but I do stand by the cleanliness of the rooms. Also, the non-smoking rooms are on the 3rd floor, as such, there will be guests who accidentally damage furniture. We will keep our door open if you find yourself in need of a room when visiting the shore.

New Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Stayed at the Cranbury Inn this past weekend. I looked all over seasides hotel website and just about all of them have poor reviews so I took a shot in the dark and hoped this one would be good. Sadly mistaken, our room was dark and dingy. Thank god I took my own cleaning supplies and bed clothes because I was scared to sleep in the beds. First thing we did was lysol the beds then added our own linens, then we cloroxed the bathroom, tile floor all broke, shower was dirty. We are not Hilton people by no means but when you pay $$$.$$ for a room you would expect it to be clean, furniture all outdated, walls were dirty. I can abolutely agree when people say "it's a beach hotel, what did you expect". Hey furniture can be outdated not a problem. For what these rooms cost all anyone is looking for is clean!!! The woman at the desk in the evening is sweet. The complimentary breakfast was great. Parking a nightmare! We have an H2 that was sandwiched in by the morning after our arrival, there was no moving it. We had to watch for people to move to hurry up and take their spot if it was big enough to fit our vehicle. Three blocks to beach and boardwalk, not bad. The pool was clean but extremely small, did the trick however after a long day at beach. There was no where to sit and relax after going all day with kids unless you were lucky enough to get a picnic table outside main office there were only two and the other ones were so close that if you were more than 100lb. you couldn't sit there. Even then you wouldn't want to especially if your kids are on 2nd or 3rd floor because it was scary to let them alone up in those rooms which those floors had access doors open all the time from parking lot on side of building and side street of other side of building. Watched the cleaning girls go into some rooms on first floor while at pool with only a bottle or two of cleaning products and when finished which wasn't long, they came out with no dirty sheets!! Go figure.. and they don't even break a sweat. Oh one more thing, air conditioners are located on floor level so when on they blow right at the bed then they have fans plugged in on floor to blow the air up into the room instead of under bed. Oh but they did have a little portable fan blowing on top of the little refrig. I guess to try and circulate the air better....Ours didn't work too well. I don't think I'll return here, but good luck to the owners in your "future" renovations. I will speak for "all family trips to the beach" all anyone is looking for is clean, like eat off the floor clean, who cares about the outdated furniture as long as it's clean. So for now be prepared to clean before you can enjoy.....Sorry management.....the hospitality was great. But rooms have alot to be desired!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pupsie2
Dear Guest,

I see your experience was not ideal and do understand your gripes. I would like to express that our standards are much higher than most. As such, our renovation will be from top to bottom and hope to surpass expectations for all our guests. We understand that the service is great and very much appreciate that comment. I hope your family gives us a try and we will keep the public updated as the renovation proceeds!