“Okay for one night - iron not included”

Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

You really do get what you pay for, but you also get a few surprises. Checking out Ivy league schools, we stopped here for one night before heading onto the next state. The room furnishings and decor were amazing for the price. I think we paid $59 for a double. However, we had to ask for washcloths and the room was kinda of tight. There was a putrid stench in the hallway on the 2nd floor and no security on the side doors which go directly to the hotel rooms. Breakfast was non-existent - toast, beagles, and "cereal flakes." There was juice and hot coffee, too, but absolutely nothing to write home about. The decor in the breakfast room was great -- again surprising for the price. The staff was great and we slept very comfortably. No maintenance issues in the room, oh except for a very slippery tub bottom. It's totally smooth. I almost fell hard in there.

Wouldn't stay here again, but don't regret our one night there.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your experience. We hope you had a great time looking at the Ivy League schools for your child (and wish the best of luck for him/her).

As per the room, we are glad you found the room to be very comfortable, spacious, clean, and a great value. We will have our housekeeping look into the issue in the hallway as it seems to be something unusual. As per the tub, we will have our maintenance team improve the grip in the tub.
Our breakfast will be updating soon to have newer offerings very soon!

We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay overall.

Guest Relations - Seaside Heights / Toms River

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My Husband and I have been to this property a few times but this was our first time since it has upgraded to a Days Inn. We were kind of skeptical at first, but to our surprise it was great! The staff was wonderful, hands down best I have seen in Seaside. The rooms were nice and clean, but my favorite renovated part of the property is the Lobby its Beautiful! We will definitely be back this Summer, already have out room booked!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your visit to our great hotel in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. We are happy to that you have visited us multiple times and have noticed our improvements. Our staff really are glad to hear you found your rooms to be comfortable and clean and we are excited to see you again this coming summer!

Guest Relations - Days Inn Seaside Heights / Toms River

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I just came back from 2 nights here with our 1 year old son. We went for the St. Patty's Day parade so we wanted a room within walking distance. That ended up being one of the only good things about this place - it was only about 2 blocks away from the parade route, which was convenient with having a baby who needed a nap right when it was over! The only other good thing that I can say was that the staff member who checked us in on Friday night and out on Sunday morning was really nice and helpful. I'm sorry I didn't catch his name. The guy who was there on Saturday morning was great too. They are the reason I am giving a 3 out of 5 instead of 2. Anyway, on to the negatives. The king bed room we had was definitely one of the smallest I have ever stayed in. We barely had any room to fit our son's pack-n-play in the room without having to climb over the bed. Also, it was not exactly clean - which even though I wasn't expecting a 4 star hotel, I WAS expecting it to be clean. There was dirt and dust everywhere, the floor was filthy, there were stains all over the bedspread, pillows, chair & ottoman, and the heating/ac unit looked like it was filled with ashes inside. I cringed when my son stuck his baby bottle in one of the vents! Also, when we arrived the maid had left 2 bath towels and a basket on the bed - in the basket was a roll of toilet paper, and a few toiletries (lotion, shampoo, etc.) and an EMPTY wrapper that once contained a bar of soap! Good thing I brought my own! There were no was cloths or hand towels, just 2 bath towels. I'm pretty sure we had a partially updated room, since the flooring seemed new, as did some of the furniture and the bathroom sink. But some parts of the room seemed like they had not been updated. Oh and speaking of the bathroom sink, I have never seen anything designed this way! You couldn't fit your hands under the faucet to wash them! Why would anything be intentionally made this way?! I'm so sorry I forgot to take pictures to post here because I didn't want to forget anything. Also, the walls are so thin - we could hear our neighbor's conversations and then we hard them partying all night long, including screaming and slamming doors until 4am. Maybe this place will be better once they complete all the renovations which hopefully they are still doing. If you're literally just looking for a cheap place to sleep and you don't care about anything else, then I would recommend this motel... otherwise you might want to look elsewhere. Oh I almost forgot about parking. You are supposed to have a permit displayed in your car, since there are probably only enough spots to park one car per room, especially if they're totally booked which they were when we stayed. There were several cars without permits, but after informing the front desk guy of this on Saturday night, he didn't seem to care. So we had no where to park. He told me to park on the street since it's free, but I informed him it's not free overnight.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KristenJovi
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Ms. KristenJovi,

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We appreciate you writing about your stay with us over the Holiday weekend.

We understand that there were some issues with your stay that prevented a fully enjoyable stay. We have spoken to our housekeeping supervisor about the room deficiencies as this is not a typical guest experience. In regards to the upgrades, we appreciate you enjoyed the upgrades so far and we will continue to improve our hotel every year.

We look forward to your future stay so we may provide a much better experience for you and your family!

Guest Relations

Reviewed 25 February 2014

That's not truly a knock as the place seems recently renovated. Trouble is not entirely. For instance the wood baseboard along the floors in the room were old and not to clean. The door to the bathroom was chipped. The dispenser for the toilet tissuee was rusted. There was no drain handle on the bathroom sink.Worse yet don't be fooled into thinking there's no hot water when you turn on the bathroom faucet. Turns out, hot and cold are reversed ! In general the room was clean with fresh paint , and lovely art work, along with a nice flat screen tv. So if you don;'t care about elegance and just need a bed for the nite at a good rate.... enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Mr. Yanks,

We really appreciate you sharing your experience at our great hotel. Our entire team are so happy to see you enjoyed our clean, freshened up rooms and our wonderful amenities. We will certainly look into resolving those minor issues you have identified with our maintenance team as quickly as possible. We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!

Guest Relations at Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We just spent a night here, on Valentine's week-end. It was the best price for the location, & we were well satisfied with it, for the night. The place has been recently up-graded. Very affordable, very friendly staff, & the room served our needs. Good breakfast, & really affordable.
This place used to be known as the Cranberry Inn - recently taken-over by Days Inn chain.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James D
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Mr. James,

Thank you so much for taking time to write about your great experience at our excellent hotel. We are glad to be your preferred choice when visiting the Toms River / Seaside Heights area at the Jersey Shore. We look forward to hosting your next visit!

Guest Relations - Days Inn Toms River / Seaside Heights

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Seaside regulars, we came down to spend New Years Eve at Hemmingways. We read the reviews for this place on Kayak and were not sure what the expect. The gentlemen at the front desk were great, friendly, helpful, personable, the lobby even seemed nice. (Especially compared to the mechanics closet "lobbys" most seaside motels have) It was a little bit of a pain that the hotel is sectioned off and you can only get to your room one way, but that's neither here nor there.
We were totally impressed with the rooms, clean renovated and very warm, except the bathroom which was freezing for some reason, and the floor which was also really cold.
Everything was clean, the tv worked and it was one of the lowest priced rooms we've stayed in. It's a little far from everything but in the summer it won't be an issue to walk. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TPA1592
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear your had a wonderful stay at our great hotel. Our hardworking staff are glad to see their efforts contributed to your wonderful stay and we will continue to improve our hotel. Thank you for recognizing our 24 hr Welcome lobby as well as the excellent rooms.

Guest Relations - Days Inn - Seaside Heights / Toms River

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I don't know what to say... The front office guy was great so thank you but the room was not good at all. A space heater to hear a freezing cold room. What was that about. Unacceptable period!! The office guy moved us to warmth but I froze for an hour. Then when we got to the second room the bed had springs could be felt in my back. I was too tierd to complain. The rooms were not clean. I was not happy at all but I must say the service was good... I plan to address this further up.. Days Inn near Jersey Shore.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback so we may be able to address any issues guests may face. We understand the severe cold weather may have contributed to some of the issues you faced. We also will check on the issue you mentioned about the bed's comfort.

Guest Relations