“Great Stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Upon reading the reviews I was skeptical @ first but I am glad we made the decision to stay @ Days Inn. My husband and I stayed from 8/15-8/17, Room#206. My brother & his wife stayed in Room #210. I began communicating with Waleed via email. Waleed always responded to my emails answering all of my questions. I was able to meet Waleed before I checked out on Sunday and he was a pleasure to speak to, the housekeeping lady was very sweet (I wish I read her name tag), everything inside of the room worked just fine! Housekeeping comes daily to clean your room & if you decline the service they will ask if there is anything you need before they go onto the next room. The 'do not disturb' sign is hung up in the bathroom. If you put that on, they won't knock on the door. I just forgot to put it on =P Yes one must use a little muscle to shut the room door but it shuts & locks & that's all that should matter. Our stay was quiet/peaceful. We enjoyed the Wifi & quality of the cable on the flat screen TV. There is a small refrigerator in the room. The shampoo/soap is tiny but I always bring my own my own so that wasn't a big deal for me. I didn't notice toothpaste but then again I didn't look for it as I brought my own. There is a CVS so close by, you can walk to pick up any additional necessities, if needed. There is also a 711 near. The pool goes up to 7 feet & I enjoyed swimming in it. It became cloudy/breezy around 3:00 p.m. on Saturday so I wished the pool was a heated one but a hot shower afterwards was sufficient! The boardwalk is only 2 blocks away as stated on their website & it is walkable. Check in time is 3pm but due to work we arrived @ 10:45 p.m. on Friday. There was no parking in the lot. Luckily there was available parking on the side of the hotel, if not, I don't know where we would have parked. I saw hotels with the room #s painted on the parking space & I thought that was cool because you have a guaranteed parking spot. Not sure how they would expand the lot but that would be nice. Check out is at 11a.m. & I was wishing it was at noon just to get a little more sleep =) Staying up late the night prior, it was hard to wake up early to be out by 11 a.m. but I guess it is what it is as other hotels have a check out time of 10 a.m. Yikes! The breakfast offers 2 choices of cereal, yogurt, bread, oatmeal, orange juice, apples & coffee but we walked to a family diner a few blocks up & ate (the staff will direct you to this diner if you ask--I don't recall the name but it may be Benny's). The food was fantastic, it is less that $7, you get a great portion & it is only open from 7am-12pm. I gave the hotel 5 stars because I felt it was well deserved. I will definitely be returning to Days Inn. Sincerely, Denise.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nisse7624
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Ms. Denise,

We thank you very much for writing a thorough review about the hotel and your great stay. Our whole staff were very happy to have you stay with us. Your kind words mean a lot to our team who work very hard everyday for our guests. From all of us here, we are excited to have you back with us very soon!

Guest Relations - Days Inn Seaside Heights / Toms River

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Union City
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Every August it's my pleasure to stay at the Days Inn Seaside Heights. because I'm able to vacation and bring my dog. The hotel staff is congenial and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very thankful you chose to share your great experience at our hotel. Our team work hard to host so many guests every day and are happy to see your stay was very enjoyable as a result. We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon!

New Jersey
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was really surprised about the rooms, they have been completely remodeled. I was just here yesterday, and stayed there for a few days; the outside, needs work, but it is slowly progressing. The pool was a bit small, and it needs to be bubbling, it wasn't bubbling; and I think it needs like a more concrete wall so that way people won't look at the street. The room I was in, which was a nonsmoking room, the windows didn't lock, I just wanted to point that out for you, so recheck those windows; the breakfast area, I think they need better breakfasts, more fruits, more cereal varieties, better orange juice or apple juice.

Housekeeper Laurie, is extremely nice, she was there to help us with whatever we needed, Wally, the front desk guy was okay too, one thing though, is that they DO keep photocopies of your drivers licenses and they don't give that back to you after you check out, I mean, I know its for the hotel business, but I just get a little worried, eventually they shouldn't be playing dirty with any of the customer's photocopies.

The TV in the room, had a good cable provider, so I connected to my cable's wifi, not there's.

And lastly, parking lot needs to be bigger, so customers can have bigger parking spaces, but overall is was a nice stay, they just need to expand more and have better protection.

Room Tip: I think the rooms in the 2nd floor are much better than the 1st floor.
1 Thank Anoymous152
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your great experience at our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some great feedback that we will use to improve the hotel. We apologize for the parking issue. We do have alternative parking available and our front desk team would love to assist if needed during your next visit. Our team looks forward to seeing you very soon again!

Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Let me start off by saying we got what we wanted - an overnight at the beach. Now for the review. If all you wanted was a place to shower, sleep, and head out to the beach or board walk - then it was O.K. You are at the north end of the board walk which is fine and only 2 walkable blocks to the beach which is great. So thumbs up on the location. For the room however there was no soap for the shower, and for the 3 of us there were only two bath towels. The room felt dirty - and worn. Very visible dust on the baseboards, a dirty bathroom floor and something "brown" on the door entering the room and again on the bathroom door - looked like food of some sort which could have easily been cleaned if housekeeping paid attention and could have used a clorox wipe. The door frame to the room did not fit the door therefore the light that was in hallway came in at night and there was a visible nail sticking out of the door frame where someone had tried to make a repair. And because you had to slam the door to close it, the paint around the door frame was cracked and peeling. The bed was OK - clean sheets but there was no blanket - just the bedspread for extra covering. Don't use the pool - we have a pool at our home - this pool was dirty!! The filter was not running and therefore the water was not being cleaned. The edging around the pool was crumbing and again don't use the pool - go to the beach. Breakfast was nice - cereal toast, coffee, etc....There website says the rooms have been remodel. But perhaps because we booked on short notice we got a room in the old section. The final insult was having to pay the hotel a fee to use the beach tag that they had already purchased for the entire season. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a newer room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your visit. We understand that you had an enjoyable stay with the location and comfort of the room but found some issues related to housekeeping. We apologize for any inconvenience related to this and we will address your concerns with our housekeeping department. Our team would like to invite you back for a more enjoyable stay very soon!

Guest Relations

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

New York
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for one mid-week night in the summer with wife and two kids. Room was smallish, but fine for the night. Pool was pleasant but cold. Staff very friendly. The continental breakfast was a nice amenity. Would stay again, but it is 4 blocks or so from the board walk and the beach.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel. Our team host so many happy guests every day and we especially want to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Our staff are also looking forward to seeing you again very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside Heights
Sea Palace Motel
Sea Palace Motel
#14 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore
Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / Toms River
Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / ...
#30 of 39 in Seaside Heights
#22 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Belmont Motel
Belmont Motel
#18 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River? Share your experiences!