“FamilyFun”

Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Absecon, New Jersey
“FamilyFun”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

When me and my family arrived the office staff was helpful and knowledgeable. They helped me and my family pick a great place for family fun during the day beside the beach. When we got back we decide to spend some time pool side . There was some sand in the pool, but that was not there fault. It was the fault of those who went to the beach and did not shower first. Now i couldn't expect them to just be standing there all day to clean out the pool,but when I said something they had no problem sending one of there staff members to clean the sand out the pool. The staff there was very friendly and did not make me feel weird for saying something. When the evening came and we need to find a family oriented place to eat w/ good prices they had answers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jasmine607

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 8 August 2013

If your planing a typical seaside experience (go to the beach, get drunk, pass out, go to bed) this is fine. We got a room with two king sized beds for about 170 a night. This is not glamorous. The tv didn't work, the beds were uncomfortable, there were no towels, and the bathroom smelled like drugs. But it was in walking distance of the beach and a fabulous breakfast place.
If you just need a place to sleep so you are not drinking and driving this is ideal. If you want a family vacation, look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Travelingsideshow32
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 August 2012

About the only thing this hotel has going for it is location. The beds are hard as a rock, the pool is filthy, the bathtub is worse then the pool, the paint on the hall way floors is chipping away. I could go on and on. The only reason I give it 2 stars is price & Location! There are way to many other choices to ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cocotel251

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I do not recommend renting here. The pool was dirty; needed vacuuming n skimming. Don't even know when the last time that was done. Trash in the skimmer, full of sand and debris!! Our apartment in the back had wet floors. The door lock was not secure enough to make u feel comfortable leaving ur belongings behind. They rent to young parties. Who had trash all over the yard n the weeds behind our apartment were completely overgrown. One of three grills worked, which made a line at dinner time. The cable tv was not even watchable. The owners don't care about the properties they rent across the street from the motel. When calling for reservations; u r specifically asked if ur a young group...we r not old but, didn't go down to throw a party for 50 young ppl out back, hanging on the roof. Went for a relaxing time n felt frustrated about the cleanliness of the pool and deplorable back entrance yard conditions.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Nkelly109
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We originally booked a room for Dry Docks sister property"Skyview Manor" after being horrified by the condition of the rooms and illegal activies outside of the rooms, the owner redeemed himself by placing us in private apartment at Dry Dock and honored our original room price . The office staff at Dry Dock were very accomodating and super friendly. The apartment was clean and fit our needs,We did request the bedding be changed as soon as we checked in and the staff was right on it. 1/2 block from the beach and private parking was awesome.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Debbie K
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This place is very nice. Great location clubs, bars, the beach all close by. I stayed in room 10. The king size room. I had good rest enjoyed my stay, went home. What more could I ask for? I didn't have to say much to the staff, put my room key in the office drop latch and went home. I saved a lot of money too.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Infinityg45
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The DRY DOCK MOTEL was the most HORRIBLE motel I have ever been to. It was DIRTY, SMELLY, DISGUSTING and UNBEARABLE. There was blood on the sheets, rust in the showers, mold everywhere, and stains in the carpets. The air conditioning did not work and neither did the TV. There was also cigarette burns everywhere. It didn't look like they ever cleaned. We asked for another room and it was the same thing. There was even MORE blood in the sheets! We asked for a refund and they refused!!!!!! The staff was rude and unfriendly and I couldn't believe their low standards. We had to end up loosing $100 and finding another motel. It was like stepping into a dirty sewer or walking into a giant dumpster. I felt so uncomfortable! I would NOT recommend this motel to anyone!!!!!!! It needs to be shut down immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know how they are still in business!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends