All reviewsstove topkitchen sinkwednesday eveningour night staychecking infridgeseasideblockboardwalkmotelkey
Reviewed 20 August 2012

4. Nice staff, who let us park before check in time
5. Nice/clean rooms with small fridge and stove
6. They have a nice,small pool

Cons-
1. Only allowed two people when reserving the motel, therefore if you have more than two people you have to pay a $25 fee per person...(Hidden fee/incorrect info) The website said $15 an extra person, and when we got there the guy said $25 each
2. Not worth the money what we spent for only one night, ended up being roughly $310 plus tax
3. They also only give you two beach passes (If they have anymore), Therefore the extra guests has to pay another $5 to get onto the beach with the addition of paying $25 for staying
4. If you have small kids/don't like a lot of noise at night, I wouldn't recommend staying here. Both Karma and Bamboo clubs are outside, therefore you can hear the club music all night until they close at 4am
5. Really small parking lot
6, Air condition sucked. A/c kept shutting off and the room was still warm/clammy

Room Tip: Only give 2 beach passes, no exceptions. If you have more than 2 people, you will pay a $25 extra fee per person
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Franklin Terrace Motel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have our Rate policy posted on all reservation process and we are really sorry about any inconvenient, and we can’t do anything regarding club noise, since those clubs are there for longtime. You should have let us know regarding you Air conditioner and we would have gladly solve your problem. We do have sufficient space for one car per room and also parking off street available for guest too. We do give out 2 beach badges per room and we don’t charge for those passes, since we like to provide to all of our rooms with complimentary beach badges we have limited availability for those, when we do have available we do provide more passes to guest. Since we paid for all the passes in advance there is no point in giving them out to customers.

Frank

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We just returned home after our 4 night stay at Franklin Terrace.
Cleanliness/the room
My biggest concern when renting a motel at the beach is the cleanliness. As soon as I got there I checked the beds(my biggest concern) The mattresses looked brand new, no signs of any bugs! The room was very clean and smelled great! The staff would come in and clean and change the sheets and give us fresh towels which was really nice. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The water was soo hot! No cold showers like at other motels!
Staff
The staff was exeptionally nice!!! We got down there after a 3.5 hour ride with a 2 and 5 yr old so we decided to stop by the motel and ask them to call us if we can check any earlier. We thought maybe 1/2 hour or so. They let us check in a couple hours early which was so nice because we got to go to the beach before it got to hot. There were 4 people there at the office everyday and they were all very nice. They acted like they knew us. When we were leaving the man even came over to the car and knocked on the window to say goodbye to the kids, I thought that was very nice.
Pool
The pool was nice. It was 4 ft. which was great for us so that our 5 yr old could stand. The water was very clean and it wasnt busy which was nice.
Location
It is about a block from the boardwalk/beach. It was at the center of the boardwalk which was great. They gave us beach passes so we wouldn't have to pay to get on the beach.

Overall we had a great stay! With the room, staff, walking distance to boardwalk, pool, and price, you can't beat it!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank csmithshbg

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Franklin Terrace Motel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We look forward to your next trip to Seaside Heights and we will strive to ensure your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Not really sure what to say... Let me start out by saying that the staff was very nice and friendly. Another plus is how close it is to the boardwalk. After that however, I was very disappointed. After reading the reviews on here I had mixed feelings about it, but seeing that it was rated 12 out of 41 hotels, I didn't think it could be that bad. It is verrrry small, the bathroom was so tiny you could barely fit in there by yourself, let alone 2 people. We were considering moving to another hotel, but not wanting to lose any money we stuck it out. It is very outdated and needs a face lift. There were no bugs that we could see, so it was fairly clean, just very tiny and outdated. Definitely not worth the money that we spent.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SweetAngel03

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Franklin Terrace Motel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We do have rooms with full bath, and we did upgrade some of our rooms with Flat screen television and freshly coated paint in all of our rooms. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed here with my 16 year old son, and 14 year old niece overnight. I can honestly say we did not have any problems. We arrived early, and they allowed us to park on the premises,and gave us beach badges to use. Staying in Seaside Heights, I did not expect a 5-star hotel, but the room was clean,clean sheets on the bed, bathroom was clean and had hot water. The air conditoning worked wonderfully. They had a small pool on the grounds which was great to cool off in. Yes, the rooms may have been a bit dated, but it was clean. We had no problems with the management. In addition, it was only a block and a half to the boardwalk and beach., so the location was perfect. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. I’m so glad we were able to fulfill all your expectations. At Franklin Terrace Motel we strive to bring clean affordable accommodation to each and every one of our guests. I will share your comments with our housekeeping team as I’m sure they will be glad to hear your thoughts on their efforts.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope your next stay will be as pleasant as this one!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

NEVER book this hotel. I booked a room through booking.com, with 2 double beds and then "upgraded" to a room with 3 double beds (for 3 couples). The swap was fine, paid and extra $100.00 and that was that. I get there and the guys says that I need to tell booking.com when they call that I didnt show up (so the reservation for 2 beds would be cancelled and I would pay the new pricing with the $100 added for 3 beds) Seemed sketchy but I figured thats just what I had to do. So booking.com emails me and says they are charging me $314 for NOT SHOWING UP? Of course I respond & tell them that I did in fact show up and shouldnt be charged a cancellation fee, all I did was change my room? Booking.com says no, thats fine you dont need to pay the cancellation fee yadda yadda. SO this guy was trying to scam me into paying an extra $314 after I had already checked out! THEN I get a call from the guy at the hotel telling me to respond to them again and he will only charge me $157 for a cancellation? I DID NOT CANCEL! Con artist at its best. Not to mention the place is a real dump! Smelled horrible. Parking was a mess. Stove was filthy! Fridge didnt keep any drinks cold. Toilet did not work, thank god my boyfriend is a plumber! No hot water for the first day we were there. No guests allowed. So if you have friends staying at another hotel, they cant come meet you there to get ready before going out. OH AND, the guy told us we couldnt use the sink because it was leaking into the motel room below. WHAT A JOKE. I didnt expect 5 star services at the Jersey Shore but this was just beyond what I could have ever expected. Absolutely disgusting. I cant beleive the board of health or BBB has not shut them down yet. They will be hearing from me! Take this as a warning. (Keep in mind I never write reviews, either too busy working or just dont let things get to me. This was bad enough for me to get on here and write about.... Thats gotta show something!!)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank upsetmotelguest

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that our hotel was not sufficient in regards to what you were looking for in a hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that you feel I fell short of our goals in this instance. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

Please know that I value you as our guest and would like all our guests to see us at our very best to this end. I hope the next time you travel to Seaside Heights, you will be able to give us another opportunity to prove you can get a great nights rest at Franklin Terrace Motel.