All reviewsstove topkitchen sinkwednesday eveningour night staychecking infridgeseasideblockboardwalkmotelkey
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Was not a very inviting front desk. Stayed her last July and first thing when I walked in was a few females and the older lady giving dirty looks. The younger lady and guy were actually really nice and gave a good attitude. Gave beach passes but only 3, we had 5 people and for the price I paid for 5, all of us should have been covered.

Room was average motel room, but that bathroom is uncomfortably small. I tried to give it a chance, but It was very small and can imagine it being very difficult for a larger size person. Everything else in room fine.

Allowed me to stay parked in their parking lot after we checked out to go to the beach. A big +. Also had free wi-fi although it would have been nice to be given the pass code right away rather than having to ask for it. Can't beat location, literally.

Overall I believe this is a pretty good motel, but I'm not quite convinced I would want to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear guest,

We are sorry for the troubles you faced while staying with us. We are happy to hear that they did accommodate you with the parking after your check out time. We do give out free Two (2) beach passes per room to every room due to limited availability to us, since we do have to provide to all rooms staying with us. We do offer free Wifi to all our guest, since we have to protect the wifi connection for all of our guest, we only provide guest who request us for Wifi password and we always provide them. Due to space limitation we can only do so much with our bathroom, but we do have all the necessity in them, and we do have them in every room, not like other places where guest have to share them. We do have room with full bathtub too, but those one has to be requested in advance. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

The location, price, and area all positives, if you're looking to spend time with your loved ones.....This is perfect place.....bdw all other cosmetics like beds,beds sheets.white soft pillow jst comfert your body.......

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ferfernandisej
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Guest,

It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us, and I will share your comments with our team.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to your next visit.

Frank

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was a little skeptical when I came across this hotel and read reviews. I chose not to listen to the reviews and I am glad I did. When my friend and I arrived we immediately noticed the amazing location of the hotel. It is placed right in between Boulevard and Ocean Terrace. Bamboo Bar was a 5 second walk as well as KARMA which would be great for the weekend!!We were able to walk to everything which was great! Took less than 10 minutes(with stopping at a boardwalk store) to get as far as Aztec and the Jersey Shore house.

The management was very pleasant upon arrival and throughout our stay. They have free beach passes which was excellent as well. I was able to park in the lot, which had limited spaces but there was always a few open.

The room was small. We searched the bed for bed bugs and felt confident there were none, I always search the hotels I stay in. The a\c wasn't the best because it didn't cool the room like It should but it wasn't too hot out anyways so it was okay. There was no alarm clock or telephone in the room, which I thought was odd. We didn't utilize the pool, but I did notice it being tend too and it looked like a nice area to relax. The hotel was fairly quiet, way quieter than the Glenmont across the street. We did have some younger neighbors that were a little loud but nothing crazy.

Overall it was a good trip and for the price it was a good hotel with great service and an unbeatable location. I would definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jacqueline R
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our convenient location near many Jersey Shore hot spots. We appreciate your feedback and compliments, We strive to bring clean affordable accommodation to each and every one of our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to your next visit.

Frank

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in mid July. We were pleasantly greeted at check in. The motel is small but only a block from the beach and boardwalk. Our room had 2 queen beds that appeared newer. The bedding was crisp white sheets and the bed was pretty comfortable. The bath was good size and very clean. The whole room was very clean! The kitchenette was outdated and the stove has definitely seen better days! We did not use any of the appliances. The pool is extremely small and only waist deep on the average adult.

All in all it is your typical beach motel but extra clean with very friendly management!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank themadzins
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Franklin Terrace Motel. We appreciate your feedback and compliments, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed our convenient location. We strive to bring clean affordable accommodation to each and every one of our guests. Your feedback is very important to us, and was reviewed closely with our management team.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

It was last minute that me and my boyfriend decided to go to Seaside Heights. The hotel/motel selection was slim and a lot of them had bad reviews. We settled on Franklin Terrace since it was so close to the boardwalk (huge plus).

We arrived half an hour before check-in time (2pm) and it was no problem. I paid the rest of what was due and our total was $230 (tax included) for a one-night stay (Saturday to Sunday). We got to our room and we were pleasantly surprised because there was more included than we had known. There was a stove (a tad beat up), microwave, kitchen sink, and cabinets with dishes in them. Everything seemed pretty clean and newly painted (I'm assuming because of the hurricane). We checked around for bed bugs and everything looked good! There was a mismatched couch in the room with stains and marks on both sides of the cushion, but other than that, we were happy with it. Oh and they had pre-cooled the room to a chilly 60 degrees, which was nice. There's a small pool out back which could easily get congested with too many people, but luckily nobody was there when we went for a dip.

Checkout time was 10:00 am but we wanted to go out for breakfast so the owner let us keep our car there while we ate. It was only 10:30 am when we got back, but still, that was nice of him. We would return to this motel if we ever vacation in Seaside Heights again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bobenny6
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations and likes the convenience of our location to several hot spots in the area. At Franklin Terrace Motel we strive to bring clean affordable accommodation to each and every one of our guests. The guest experience is our number one priority, and it is always rewarding to hear we are providing our guests with excellent service and accommodations.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope your next stay will be as pleasant as this one!