“You pay for what you get!!!”
Review of Seaside Sands Inn

Seaside Sands Inn
Seaside Sands Inn
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
City, State
Reviewed 10 September 2004

The old saying proves true! The location was GREAT but the place was absolutley filthy!!!! The manager, how should I say...he seemed nice on the phone but once i met him, I guess I could say that I didn't feel really comfortable staying there, not creepy maybe just crooked. We stayed one night, then went to the Hershey, that was better(didn't see any other hotels, so I can't really compare it to anythiing else). My advice: If you stay at the Gangplank, bring your own sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, all toiletries, flip- flops to wear in the shower and on the carpet and plan on spending as LITTLE time as possible in that room. It's very possible, there's a lot to do(the beach, the boardwalk, clubs and all that stuff). If you're looking for The Drake, The W or a place like Bally's or Belagio, this place is a cardboard box compared to those. Good luck and remeber to ALWAYS ask to see any room before you check in.

• Stayed: January 2005

Glens Falls, NY
Reviewed 15 July 2004

It was the worst experience EVER! We stayed one night and got our money back. They tried to take our money up front but we would not let them. The room was SOOO NASTY. The carpet looked and felt dirty, therefore we wore shoes the whole time. Thank goodness I brought an extra blanket and pillows. The bathroom...lets not go there. No lock on the door and you could see the outside even when the door was shut. The manager...if you want to call him that, kept saying they were remodling and our room was one of the clean ones. I wonder were they get there stuff. I would not recommend this place even to my enemy. DO NOT GO HERE no matter how cheap you are. That was my case. We went some place else and had a fabulous time. OH...and they let some sketchy people hang around the hotel. I did not feel safe here at all or leaving my stuff in the room when I was gone.

Morristown, NJ
Reviewed 13 April 2004

Three friends and I, all teenagers, decided to take a summer weekend getaway trip to Seaside. We went to the Gangplank and bargained our room down to $60 for the night. The manager took us to a room where there were two queen beds, one of which had a completely unlevel/tilted bed. According to the manager, "no room is perfect", so we went to the next room. We were all settled in, as we happily noticed a refridgerator and table in chairs that was not in the first room. We agreed to stay in the room until we realized that the room had no lock on the door. So we went to the next room, which had two king beds. The manager told us that the problem with that room was that there was only one key to the room; whenever we wanted to get in we had to knock on the manager's home, which was above the lobby. At one point, he asked my friend her age, and then proceeded to make a pass on her. Later, we were greeted by a family that had been living in the hotel for months who wanted to know what unique furniture was in our room. We also discoverd a hole in the shower. Needless to say, it was a one-of-a-kind experience. At least the hotel is only a block or two from the boardwalk.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
farmingdale, NY
Reviewed 15 October 2003

The gangplank is just a step up from sleeping in a cardboard box on the street. The toilet was full off waste and wouldnt flush. The room smelt the tv was broken holes in the walls, and barf in the draw. I would not stay in that room they gave me my money back but not the deposit. This place is a lowlife run down garbage dump.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
PA
Reviewed 18 August 2003

spent almost 200.00 for a night and it was a nightmare. I felt like I was at a crack house. Holes in walls and mattress', roaches, dirty, and water didn't go down in shower. Not a place to take your family.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member