“WORST HOTEL EVER” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“WORST HOTEL EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

I was EXTREAMLY disappointed in this hotel, the location and price were good...however, it was FILLED TO THE BRIM with underaged teenagers who happened to be intoxicated their whole stay. I was afraid to let my children out of the room without my sight and they're ages 12 and 14,they should be allower out. The teens were running around and shouting like wild animals at all hours of the night, I heard loud music and screaming and stomping and i couldnt get sleep. I even think the police force were called because of them! but of course they got away with nothing. Word of advice, you get what you pay for! You're much better off paying alot of money for a good place, unless your a teen looking to get drunk, DONT GO TO THE GLENDALE!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank mrsrosenbum

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bangor, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

we have been going there for the past eight years in a row. For the past seven years the hotel has been somewhat ok. It was a little noisy at times but then it would be ok at certain times at midnight or earlier. You would be able to handle the noise untill midnight or later. However now that there is absolutely no security and the management is as bad as there rooms i would rather stay at the most expensive hotel or motel in the area even the ones where you have to drive in order to go on the boardwalk. They don't care about a single thing there they only care about the money that they get from your pockets. The reason why i am writing this is do to three different reasons. The first reason is because when we got there they didn't have the room that we reserved over a month ago. The second reason is because we found the maids three young underage kids in a room that they told us to use and the kids were unsupervised. The third and final reason is because around us we had three different rooms that were filled with out of control and disrespectful young men and women who were screaming, yelling, rowdy, going to the bathroom in plain sight, and very disrespectful towards the other tenants and ourselves no matter how nicely we would ask them to please quite down a little bit. We got alot of disrespect from them. We then went to ask the management in the morning why there isn't any kind of security. Then they said that they heard exactly what we heard and they pretty much said that it was our own problem and that if we wanted something to be done for it we have to do it ourselves or call the police ourselves. SO THEREFORE ALL FAMIILIES BE PREPARED TO GET NO SLEEP AT THIS MOTEL BECAUSE OF NO SECURITY AND CARELESSNESS.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank baccah

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

My stay was nice. The employees where nice and the room was clean. Im a very picky person so we asked to see the room first. I checked everything and i didnt find stains or anything so we decided to stay there. It was cheap and worth what we payed. My stay was great and i dont care what anyone says it is one of the best places to stay and i will be back to stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JNA_QUILES
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2007

I've stayed in almost every motel in Seaside over the last 30 years, this one is in the top 5. The motel staff ( loved the Polish women by the way ) was friendly and on top of everything. The woman at the desk was absoloutely fabulous! Loves to chat. The only downfall was they may have to hire security on the weekends. You know how us BENNYS can be,lol.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank SHORTYSPAL
Kearny, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2006

3 teenagers(16,18,and 18) and myself (19) stayed at this motel for the sunday-wednesday following our prom. Seeing that we would be staying a few nights we decided to get the efficiency, which was just a waste of money, it had a stove, an oven and a fridge but it did not have any pots, pans, or utensils of any kind. The entire time we were there I kept my flipflops on while I was inside because the carpet which was kind of office style looked like it would turn the bottoms of your feet black. This motel was basically the main party motel of the entire trip, even after we got home people were asking where we were staying, we'd say the glendale and they would ask if it was our room that got raided, or if we were on the floor that was holding the party. The entire first night the people above us were playing beer pong on the balcony and being noisy the entire night until the cop outside told them to shutup and go inside. The only good thing about this motel, was that the people who worked there were extremely nice, and I had nothing but good encounters with them. I wouldn't recommend this motel to any families or couples but if your a group of teenagers who want to stay up all night with partiers and only have a little money, I'd say chance it, it wasn't that bad, but as motels go, it was one of the worst I've ever been in.

• Liked — it was about a block off the boardwalk
  • Disliked — it's a party motel, and is not well maintained
  • Tips/Secrets — there are quite a few houses for rent a block or two down, you'd be better off renting one of those
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank anathelia
New Jersey , phila area
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2006

I Have to say we felt very insafe here. we had on 2 consecutive nights have drucken men banging our door ( which the door frame seemed very week, )demanding we let them in . I tried calling the front desk and Surprise, the phone didnt work , called 911 and the seaside police dept was not helpful at all, treating us like we were trash. they actually said to us, what do you expect, look where you are statying. Also it was very dirty, my feet were black from walking from the shower to the bed...So all beware...its a horribel , scary, filthy place

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — do go here
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank billybart
Tarrytown, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2005

This was our second time staying here. We stayed for a weekend back in 2003. This motel's service went downhill in the last 2 years because I was extremely disappointed this time. I booked a room over the phone and was promised a king size bed and fold-out couch. I received a receipt in the mail stating that we would be in room #31. Upon checking in, they put us in room #33 which was a double room with 2 full size beds. They told us they didn't have any king size beds left- well then why was I told I would be getting a room with one??? Also, there were no towels in our room and we were told by the woman at the desk that we would have to wait until the following morning for towels- so we couldn't take showers that night. She was too busy taking care of her 5 or 6 kids behind the counter so maybe she just didn't want to leave them to get up and give us the towels. The TV did not have a remote so in order to change the channels you had to keep getting up and walking over the disgustingly dirty carpet. My feet were black within minutes of walking on the floor and I actually ruined a pair of socks because they are beyond washable now. I ended up wearing my sandals in the room the whole time because otherwise my feet would be dirty right after taking a shower. The blinds were falling apart so therefore there were gaps where people could actually look through and see inside the room. There was no chain lock on the door- it was missing. Also the top lock doesn't lock- only the bottom lock works. No hangers in the room so I guess we should have brought our own. Also there was a smoke detector but it didn't work. I would never stay here ever again which makes me very sad because I enjoyed it the first time I stayed here.

• Stayed August 2005