“2nd time comer”
Review of Hershey Motel

Hershey Motel
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Last June, we had a great time at this motel. We loved it so much, we came back. This time, we wanted to come during season. So the staff is nice, and helpful. My mom locked our one and only key in the room, so they just gave us a 2nd key.
I must critique the wrongs now. The first night, I noticed, there was people parking in the lot from the motel across the street. The lot was full because they never enforce the parking rules. The fridge was literally on it's last leg. They have free wifi, but I had to sit on the balcony to ever access it. The free breakfast is a 5.99 coupon you get. You can get up to 4 in each room. This chooses french toast, pancakes, or eggs, homefries and toast. My overeasy eaggs were well done, but they happily took them back.
It is fairly quiet at night. Just a few people passing thru, no loud parties. They upgraded the pillows from my last stay. One lady I met complained of sand in her bed. The motel is 2 blocks from the beach, but far from the middle of seaside heights.
The biggest complaint I had was the pool. It was big, as they advertise, and the water wasn't half bad, but they don't monitor the activities going on in it. There was this one group who kept coming into the pool, and they would throw a ball at each other, run around the pool, jump onto little kids and babies, take over the kiddie pool, and had chicken fights. It wasn't before long, we felt uncomfrontable, and left the area.

Room Tip: The balcony in the back are cool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank lilpnutmom83

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Room smelled had to get it deodorized when we arrived (mildewed) bed sheets were dirty, (blood) and didn't fit the bed, pillows were like sleeping on your coat, toilet did not flush, and bathroom was dirty. Breakfast when you call your told that it is included but when you get there you find it's only a very limited menu that's included. Also someone vomited in the pool, and when someone complained to the office it took a good twenty minutes before someone came out to investigate,then all they did was skim the pool, when I spoke to them they tried telling me it was suntan lotion, but I saw the kid puke. We were on the second floor and all night it sounded like a herd of elephants were above us. Also no monitoring who's drinking at the pool (underage) plus all the kids doing back flips into the pool, I'm surprised no one's gotten killed there! The woman at the front desk were very very nasty. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank gabriella2003
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I remeber going to this Motel when we wanted to stay an extra day and our motel was all ready booked. All I can remeber is that it was not anything spectacular, i Remember the bathroom was a little dirty and it smells bad. I would not reccomend this place. Oh i also remember they didnt have many tv channels. This was in like 2007-2008 They might have improved, but by the looks of it they didnt.

Room Tip: Go to the Sunburst motel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Laxgirl223
Reviewed 8 June 2012

This was our first and last time we stay at the Hershey Motel. When we first checked in we were given a room with a single bed. We booked a room with double beds. When they realized what they did, they gave us another room but then we were informed that the next night kids from New York would be coming in and we would be in the middle of them. So finally they gave us a room on the far side of the motel. At first we thought the room was really nice until you get a real good look at it. There was paneling on the walls, not drywall and it was worped it places. The furniture was not updated, as a matter of fact the two bottom draws of the one piece would not even open. The pillows were horrible it was like laying on a marshmellow without the stickiness. And one of the pillows had a very large whole in it. The mattresses were filthy. The two chairs were also filthy. The bathroom was filthy and the toilet seat was loose. I think there is a lot of maintenance that should be done. We were there too early for the free breakfast because the restaurant was not openned yet. And the ice machine was broken. On the positive side the pool area was nice. We had our grandson with us and he did enjoy the pool. And the beach was only a block from the beach. However after the kids arrived they were very loud and disrespectful. My husband went for a walk the first night they were there and saw them swimming naked in the pool. They were drinking (all underage) and the place was a total disgrace in the morning. Gargage and broken beer bottles all over the place. Needless to say, we will never stay there again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: None to give would not recommend
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My school went down for Prom weekend and we took up many (15) various types of rooms in the hotel. It was great proximity to everything not as bad as I was anticipating, except for the fact that my sheets had blood stains on them and the comforter was absolutely FILTHY. Upon returning home and unpacking several of my friends found the unexpected, BEDBUGS in their suitcases or on their clothing.
There were 4 seperate instances that this happened which means four different rooms. Management claims its not possible they were just checked, I say very possible, we threw away our bags and were totally disgusted.
NancyM

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank Nancy m
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Went there for a girls weekend and the price was good, but AC wasn't working and room was very dated!! The room smelled of mold and the bed was in need of a new matress ....other then that location is great close to Boardwalk and places to eat

Room Tip: Check the room before you pay for it
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank chris p
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have reviewed the Hershey before.I have been going for a long time and as the title states it does get better each year! The staff are as friendly and helpful as always. The rooms are clean and if not when you arrive the staff will make it right. They have the largest heated pool in Seaside, and a nice kiddy pool for the little ones.There is a game room next to the pool ,great for the children. One block from beach and boardwalk ,maybe four or five blocks from the bay.You can't find a better value!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back away from the pool are quiet
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple