“Absolutely Perfect in a Pinch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mark III Motel

Mark III Motel
Mark III Motel
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“Absolutely Perfect in a Pinch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My girlfriends and I went down to the shore this past weekend and when we got there, we tried to check into our original hotel (Cranbury Inn/Days Inn). EXPEDIA messed up our reservation completely! They booked us for Sunday-Monday instead of Saturday-Sunday. After fighting with Expedia and Days Inn, we were able to get our money back and we were back at square one. WE tried Hershey and they couldn't accommodate us, I looked across the street and tried Mark III. When we first walked in the woman at the desk was so nice and was willing to give us her last room that she had left. We didn't expect to get what we got. We had a "balcony" room, it was nice to have our own little table outside. We had a room for a night and place to sleep. My girls and I couldn't be more grateful to the lady who was able to help us.
The Motel is about 3 blocks south of the boardwalk, it is central and easy to get to Toms River, Ortley, and Seaside Heights itself. Its close to the 7Eleven and the CVS.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chrissy F

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Horrible experience. Owner is a total jerk who actually had me evicted from my room for talking outside on my cell phone at 1 am...on a friday night. Rooms are disgusting and pool is a joke...I have no idea how places like this hellhole can charge $140 a night and stay in business. Unreal.

• Stayed August 2012
9 Thank TheSchafe

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Eastport, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We were 2 young couples that needed a place to stay for 3 nights and this was exactly what we were looking for. It was an ok room for a good price. The bathrooms were kind of old and small but they weren't terrible. I definitely recommend bringing your own pillows/sheets/blankets. The pool was also on the small side but it was still ok. Alice the owner was really nice and we loved Bud the dog. It was a great location, just a few blocks away from the boardwalk and all the bars. All in all, if you just want a place to stay for a few nights to have fun on the shore this is a good place. If you're a family with a bunch of kids looking for a resort getaway this is probably not your place but we would definitely stay there again and are already planning a trip next summer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank littlemermaid17
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

Great place and resonable rates. Bud and Budlight were a highlight. Couldn't have been happier with the place for the great price!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rsb148
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

I got a room with my husband and dog at the Mark III 's sister hotel, Aquarium arms and upon arrival we were greeted by two filthy dogs and some stinky personel that were chainsmoking drunks. The room stank of old smoke and the towels must have been the same from 20 years ago, so thin. Also there was black stains all over the towels and the bed sheets. The AC was half taken apart laying on the floor.
The next morning during check out, the guy at the reception must have just had some sort of a haircut since his shirt was covered in chopped off hair. The woman from the night before walked me over to our room to check if our dog had done any damage. Of course they discovered some scratches at the door ( I am 100% sure it wasn't my dog. He barks but never scratches) but I should have taken before and after pics ! Sth I know for the future. Of course they then kept part of my deposit. I'm sure it will be invested in another 6 pack or two.
Oh and I forgot: when we asked if we could check out the rooms before booking they said No.
Enough said..

• Stayed September 2010
5 Thank Peachy04
Garfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

im writing this to let everyone no this place is a lot of fun clean and for the price you couldnt ask for more thanks alice THUMBS UP JOHN SLINGLAND

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Mark III Motel for my birthday in November. The location is great (near to beach and boardwalk). The pool was very clean. Rooms were clean. The motel has pretty fast wifi available to customers. Very reasonable rates. The owners were friendly and very helpful. I highly recommend the Mark III motel. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple