“Great motel, with very friendly owners”
Review of Mark III Motel

Mark III Motel
and 1 more site!
Mark III Motel
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 9 February 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Mark III Motel for my birthday in November. The location is great (near to beach and boardwalk). The pool was very clean. Rooms were clean. The motel has pretty fast wifi available to customers. Very reasonable rates. The owners were friendly and very helpful. I highly recommend the Mark III motel. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 September 2008

Well, I read the reviews of this place before going there....next time I will listen. I figured $55 a night how could I pass that up. Well, my friend and I arrived and there was no one around. So we rang the bell and she (manager I assume) yelled across the parking lot that she would be over in a min. Which was more like 10. I wished I had left then. So we were checking in and she gave us the remote and charged us a $20 deposit. In case the remote got broken. Def was not a $20 remote. The hotel room stunk. Moldy. The pools were locked all the time. We had to get them to unlock it but they were never there. Rust stains on the bathroom floor. I mean I guess its not a horrible place if you just need a place to crash and shower which is about all we did. Will def go back to Seaside Heights............just not at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank amahen
Reviewed 19 January 2008

Only go here if you have dogs and want to travel with them.... otherwise its not worth it. This is the only hotel I know if in Seaside that takes dogs... not just any and all dogs, but ALL pets! a horse even stayed there once. Needless to say, this is not a fancy hotel. This is a place to crash - and they happen to allow pets. We stay there once a year because we like to take our two pitbulls on vacations with us, i was shocked to find a hotel so willing to allow not only dogs, but two, rather large dogs, and pitbulls at that! Fir that reason I give this place 5 stars - but like i said - its not the best place. the shower was gross and dirty, the beds were old and gross, i wouldnt walk on the floor with bare feet, it is way overpriced for what you get, but because they allow me to travel and vacation with my dogs, then i guess its worth any price. there is a dog friendly beach nearby (seaside state park) and many dog friendly sidewalk restaurants where you can eat outside with your dogs. unfortunately dogs are not allowed on the boardwalk..

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Stanhope, NJ
Reviewed 21 September 2005

My husband, myself, and our dog stayed 4 nights at this hotel and we enjoyed every minute of it. First of all, my dog is welcome, so that impressed me immediately...(that's why we booked here) The pool was clean, with music playing all day. Any needs we had, although they were minimal, were met by friendly hosts. The room was clean and comfortable, with a working fridge and micro. The location is great...in a very quiet area, but still close enough to walk to the beach or other attractions if you chose to. I think we'll go back to Mark III Motel next September. Tracy Capko Stanhope, NJ

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 September 2005

This motel is great. It isnt located near the loud bars or the young loud crowd. I mean if i wanted a beer i could of walked 2 minutes to get to it but i wasnt looking for that type of a vacation with my children. I really relaxed during this vacation and had my kids in the pool most of the day. The pool is just a nice size where i can keep my close eye on them. The rooms were very clean and the owners were pleasant. They were very helpful in giving directions and information on the place. I give this place a 10. I recommend this place to families with young children. I felt safe and was able to sleep a little later than normal because of the peace and quiet. Once i was told all of the instructions of the place i knew i was in the right place because without rules you know you are in a zoo.

I'll be back
J.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank Mike K
A TripAdvisor Member
Trenton
Reviewed 9 September 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Mark III Motel over the Labor day weekend. What a treat it was to stay at the Mark III. George ( owner) Alice ( Managed the desk), The housekeepers and of course Bud & Budlight, (the welcoming committee) were all pleasant, and provided us with whatever we needed. If it were a choice between say, the Hilton and The Mark III for the same price, I'd choose Mark III, much cozier and felt more like home than a big hotel like the Hilton or others like it. The pool was wonderful, service great, and the beautiful weather was a plus! Thanks! Liz & George

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 August 2005

by far the wors place ever, buyer be ware this guy is a rude drunk mess, he told me 40 extra for a later checkout but when we arrived 1 hr after check in out rooms were not ready. I asked the owner for some $$ of the bill. he told me to get the hell out of his motel he didnd need my #@%@ business. this was in front of my 4 year old. then he charged my card to boot. we went across the street to the hershey hotel thew were great. wish i'd have called them 1st..and this was my 1st trip to sea side hgts! real nice
he also has several dogs running through the hotel the whole place smelled of urine...

6  Thank Marie R