“Horrible Staff, Couldn't Careless”
Review of Sea Garden Motel

Sea Garden Motel
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Allentown, PA
“Horrible Staff, Couldn't Careless”
Reviewed 18 July 2009

So, me and my family, which totaled 8 of us all together, were planning on staying at this motel. We use to go here every year when we were small, and wanted to relive some childhood memories. We booked in May, and sent them a check for the full amount that was owed and paid in full. Here we are, one month to our trip, and we get a phone call. They double booked our rooms, and we got the boot. It took us a whole hour to find a replacement. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone. Maybe 10 years ago, but not today. They do not care about us, or our vacation. Instead, call the white pearl motel. That is where we are staying.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lilpnutmom83

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 July 2009

This place is Dirty, the Staff could care less about You (the Guest) and the Rooms are not fit for Humans (or Animals) I have seen Cleaner Rooms in 3rd World Countries. I recommend that You pass this Place up, don't be fooled the Website makes this Motel look like a Palace, but it is really a True Mess! My prediction is that this Owner is waiting for the $$$ for this Property and will Sell it. Hey Owner... when was the Last time You have changed a Light Bulb or Cleaned the Bathroom Floors? RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS HELLHOLE!

1 Thank koryfla

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Orlando
Reviewed 29 June 2009

First all, don't be fooled by the motel's website!!! We spend one horrible night at this motel and I do not recommend this motel not even to my worst enemy. The room they gave us at first had a horrible mildew smell, chairs were falling apart and the mattress had dried vomit on it. When informing one of the staff about the vomit, she just laughed at us. If we haven't requested another room, we probably wouldn't have been offered another room either. The other room we got was a bit better, but still not worth the money they were charging us. The rate per night at this mortel is more expensive compared to other much better upscale motels in the same area. I definitely don't recommend this motel to anyone.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 28 June 2009

This hotel is a scam. Not anything like the website seems. They seem to not tell you that they want a $100 security deposit before you get your room. The hotel manager and his trashy coworkers are nasty and rude. This place should be shut down for unsanitary conditions. Our room (#9) smelled like mold, the couch was torn, the armchair in the living room had cigarette burns in it, the pull out sofa bed had dried puke all over it, and our kitchen table had 2 unmatching, filthy, disgusting chairs. For security reasons they made us wear pink bracelets. We left the motel and returned an hour or so later. Noone checked our bracelets to verify we were staying there. We requested a refund for the 2nd night and were granted it. DO NOT stay here!

1 Thank ShoreLove
Fla
Reviewed 28 June 2009

This place is the worst by far. Horrible security, dirty room, vomit in bed. Had to leave early, mildew smell, gross

Pa
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Oh My God!!
The Sea Garden Motel is such a dump! I cant believe that the local building code officials let this place stay open! Our room stunk of mold! The cieling tiles were falling down, there were only smoke detector bases the detectors themselve were gone, the bathroom was a joke! I would rather use an outhouse!! The toilet was so close to the wall, there was no way possible to sit on it! The bathroom is less than 3 feet wide, to get into the tub/shower, you have to step over toilet, then you enter th end of a tub of wich is dangerous to get into or out of. My wife actualy fell and has a huge bruise on her knee! To start the shower you have to get in and turn it on with the cold water spraying on you!!
I felt dirtier after my shower than before. The place is filthy! And I think every guest there was on welfare and sat outside there room smoking! I would not wish 5 min of this place on my worst enemy! I am contacting the local official before somone gets hurt here!

• Liked — The day I left!
  • Disliked — The room!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
marcuscollege
Reviewed 13 August 2008

This place sucks, plain and simply. The rooms are dumpy and misleading. No matter what size room or apartment you get, expect it to be the size of a small motel room with a small dinky dirty kitchen thats never been used because it is nasty, and is right next to the 40 year old couch from a drug den which they call a living room. The sheets on my bed were stained with dirt and red spots, they were ripped, and i basically slept on a futon. The beds are so disgusting i cannot even begin to explain, and as for the pull out couch, upon opening it i almost threw up. The bathroom was about 3 feet wide, and the toilet bowl touched both walls. Everything in the rooms was disgusting and i cannot understand anyones satisfaction with this hotel, or the fact that they have not been closed down. They are also scam artists. After switching rooms halfway through the trip i was asked for a 100 dollar security deposit, which i only recieved half back due to a clogged sink which was only clogged because the motel sucks. They are scam artists, and are running a bad motel. Oh, and dont expect any maid service, fresh towels, clean linens, kitchen supplies, or anything a standard motel has because it doesnt exist. Really, no maid service and the towels might as well have been napkins.
If you stay here you will be SEVERELY dissapointed

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The fact that the room made me want to puke, and i am a college student
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)