“Best Motel to stay in this area!”
Review of Sea Garden Motel

Sea Garden Motel
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 8 November 2009

We stayed at the Sea Garden in July and it was just what we needed! Our room had a new bathroom, new windows, it was freshly painted, tile floors, etc. There was even cable TV on a new LCD HD Television in our living room too! The room was clean and we got room service everyday. The pool was great; new and clean and the best one around. And, everything we needed was only one block away (beach, boardwalk, night life, laundry, etc). The price was just right too and we saved even more money by being able to cook in our own full-sized kitchen with stove and fridge included. I know the area well, and if you are looking for a place to stay for vacation, I can promise you this is your best bet!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoeKing069

Reviewed 20 October 2009

I booked a two bedroom room at the Seagarden for my family's vacation not expecting too much. I figured the price was right and it was close to the beach. I was pleasantly surprised when we checked into our room and there were two separate rooms in the suite...not just two beds in a room. We put the kids in one room and my wife and I had our own room. It was great. And there was also a nice size kitchenette with a full size fridge and other new appliances. I can tell the rooms were recently updated and modernized...which is nice. Yet, the suite had a rustic, beach-like feel. That is to say it wasn't the Four Seasons with 50 inch plasma Tv's, but it was clean, cozy and the beach is literally a block from your door. After walking up and down the boardwalk, we hung by the pool into the night. The entire pool area was very well maintained and welcoming. The staff was also very warm and accomodating. Our toilet clogged once in the middle of the night and the on site maintenance man was there within minutes. We would definitely recommend the Seagarden Motel to families vacationing on the Jersey Shore.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ChuckJames
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My family and I have been staying at the Sea Garden since 2007. Upon checkout last July, we reserved our rooms for this year. I stood right there and watched as they penciled in our reservations, and we even got to pick out what rooms we wanted...because there were no bookings yet for the upcoming year. In February 2009, I sent full payment for my room, and I even received my confirmation through the mail, as requested.

On July 18...I received a phone message saying that they had double booked my room, and that they were overnight mailing my refund. My reservations were for August 7-14!!! Talk about a short notice!!! I tried to call them numerous times over the next couple of days, and only received an answering machine. They never returned my calls either. I called the seaside heights tourism number, and they said that they had been receiving alot of calls about the same problem, and that they had no idea what was going on over there. They said that the Sea Garden would not return their calls either!

This is no way to run a business!!! Luckily, I did receive my refund FINALLY (not overnight, as they stated)...and I even found a hotel for the same week...not even a block from the Sea Garden!!! So, you better believe that I will be making an appearance over there to see what is really going on, and why we all got the boot!!!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank staceyv21
Reviewed 21 July 2009

What a scam. We were told that if we booked last August when we had completed our weekly stay that we should book for next year. 2 apartments and one guest room. So we did. We made our payments on March and April and June. Low and behold we get a call from some arrogant manager named Tom who also told us that they had double booked. 3 weeks before our vacation. They offered us one room at the White Pearl which they thought was great. I think that it stinks. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and my sister who had the other apartment has a 2 year old granddaughter. what would one room do for us??? The owner who I insisted on talking to was also arrogant and nasty. He was aggravated that we did not appreciate this offer. This place is a rip off and the owner is just trying to make money without the concern of his customers. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. RESERVATIONS MEAN NOTHING. We spent three hours and finally found a place that was courteous and extremely nice to us ---- good ridance to the Sea Garden and it;s low life owner and manager.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank marelow
Reviewed 21 July 2009

I booked our efficiency apartment four weeks in advance. Ten days prior to our vacation the mgr called and said "we overbooked our rooms so we have to cancel your reservations. I had to go out and look for another motel. I wa told by someone very knowledge about Seaside Hts that the reason they cancelled a lot of peoples reservations was that they booked MTV in all of their rooms. What a lousy way to run a business.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank grandpa19
Reviewed 21 July 2009

I got a phone call on July 20, 2009 from the manager stating " they over booked rooms and they were sorry and my money will be reimbursed in 2 days". Mind you we were suppose to go on vacation August 22-29th. My husband and I had paid for and booked this family vacation in March 2009. Paid in full.. They left us 30 days to find another place I would not recommend this motel to anyone. I cried for 1 day. When i called other motels in sea side they had told me that other vacationers had called them for the same reason. Over 20 families that i heard of that they did this too. I am calling the better business bureau and New Jersey tourist. How could they have done this.

Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank baby568
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Me & my family were scheduled to stay here in August - We've had our rooms booked since March and now all of a sudden they call a couple weeks before our trip to say they overbooked!! Needless to say we lost our rooms and they were unwilling to help. Which is better for us anyway because the rooms were horrible, they smelled like puke.....the floors were fithy....the pool is dirty and the bathrooms are disgusting!!! The only good thing about that hotel was Harry who worked there and was the nicest guy who helped us out whenever we needed anything.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family