“Great place to stay!”

Hotel Charlee Sea Breeze
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was there for 3 nights and had the best experience. I read the reviews here before booking and was a little scare with some of them. I stay there with 3 other adults and 4 kids and the service was excelent, keep in mind that it is a motel not a hotel, but the staff, location and rooms are just great. I am glad we stayed there and I will defenitly go back! Thanks to Kevin for all his help and for beeing so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Book over the phone and ask for Kevin!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria G
CranburyInn, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Charlee Sea Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Satisfied Guest,

We are very thankful that you and your family were able to enjoy our hotel. Our staff work very hard to take care of all our guests needs. We always appreciate your recognition of any of our staff members and Kevin thanks you for your kind words. We hope to see you again when the weather is warmer!

Public Relations at the Sea-Breeze Inn

Reviewed 26 August 2011

We chose the Seabreez because the staff at the sister hotel "Boardwalk Inn" recommended that it might better suit our needs and indeed it did! (We needed a bathtub rather than a shower and arrived as a party of 3 rather than the usual 2). It's about a block and a half off the boardwalk, so it was quieter, a small scooch bigger, and a little cheaper. The first night's sleep was disrupted by drunks - a common problem in this town. But the attendant who was on the second night promised it would not happen on his watch . He delivered his promise. He was accomodating and sweet. We are glad we stayed there and will go back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank alvaan
CranburyInn, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Charlee Sea Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Satisfied Guest,

Our hardworking staff at the Boardwalk and Sea Breeze are very to see you enjoyed your stay with the Sea Breeze. Our teams understand that what our guests need is more important than anything else. We try our best to accommodate everyone with any issues or changes in plans such as adding more guests. We appreciate taking your valuable time to write us a review about your good experience.

Staff at the Boardwalk Seaport and Sea Breeze Inn

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I hate to critize but I feel obligated! I was originally suppose to stay at the Boardwalk Seaport Inn but after having toilet issues they sent me to Seabreeze Inn their sister hotel. I read the reviews on here and didnt believe the bad ones.. there is review that says "if you dont believe, check under your bed and you will find water/beer bottles" so the first thing I did was check under my bed and LONG BEHOLD!!!!! BEER BOTTLES! Then when I took my shoes off, dirt stuck to my feet. Then when going to bed I felt a ton of sand so immediately got out and when looking closer I saw a womans hair all in the bed!!! I took the sheets off the bed and we slept with one sheet we brought to lay on the beach and slept with no pillows! As friendly as the staff was... I will never be staying here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Seriously take my word. Save your money!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lindsey B
CranburyInn, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Charlee Sea Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the issues you seemed to face at the hotel. These issues are serious in nature and will be addressed. These issues are very unique and not the status quo for our Inn. Our management staff did indicate that due to the quick transfer that took place, and the limited availability of a housekeeper at the time of transfer, there may have been an incomplete full service done.

However, it also seems that you found "hair" and "sand" in the bedding. This is surprising as our sheets and linens are cleaned by a professional service, not done in-house. I will love to hear back from you about your issues so we can find out if our laundry service company is not doing a great job (though our Staff have never found issues).

Also, It seems that you did not really evaluate our staff's services or hotel comfort. I would hope you had brought these issues up to our staff as you found them. We are more than happy to immediately fix any issues for any guests.

I hope you are not looking to again MISLEAD our guests by writing a damaging review about our hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Perfect place to stay at the beach. Our room was cozy, clean and comfy. The service was great. When we asked for an extra blanket and towel they were delivered to our room immediately. Finding no ice machine, they gave us a gallon size bag of ice. They gave us extra beach badges to use. They let us borrow pens and tape. Before closing up, they asked if we needed anything as we were sitting on the deck. They offered to help a woman carry a cooler upstairs. Great service. Nice people. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Happy Guest,

Our hardworking staff really feel great when we hear about our guests excellent experience with our service and hotel. We try our best to help guests because that is who we feel are the most important people. Our staff work hard and enjoy helping with any requests (from extra linens or towels to setting up for a special event). We especially thank you for taking time out to write about your great experience.

Public Relations at the Sea Breeze Inn

Reviewed 10 July 2011

I loved my stay at Seabreeze Inn. The staff I talked to was very polite and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. I can't wait to come back and stay there again. It was a great time spent with my family. The manager, Kevin, made sure that everything was in order as he checked us in and told us if we had any problems at all that we could let him know and he would take care of it. It was my sons birthday on the second night we spent there and the manager even brought a cake to help us celebrate the right way. I couldn't believe the hospitality. Our whole family was very pleased with everything.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank iluvursmiles24

Dear Satisfied Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. Our staff, especially Kevin, really appreciate your review as few of our many happy guests write about their great experience. We always have our guests in mind and try our best to make everyone's stay special.

Public Relations at the Sea Breeze Inn

Reviewed 8 July 2011

The worst motel on seaside. Do not let the man trick you into telling you its the best motel on seaside because that is a straight up lie!! The room was not cleaned properly before we checked in. There were open beer bottles hidden under the bed and we didnt even have beer so obviously it was left over from the people who stayed there last. During the last day of our stay we found bed bugs, we showed the owner and he tried to blame it on us, wouldn't give us our money back and got an attitude and loud while putting his finger in our face. He told us we brought the bed bug in from the boardwalk and tried to make us stay there instead of getting us a new hotel. His attitude changed only when we called the police and then finally he agreed to get us a room elsewhere and do all our laundry. He would only reimburse us for $50 and our whites from our laundry all came back blue. All in all this place was disgusting and the service sucked! The owner as well as all the employees were rude and unhelpful. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank nmheller15
CranburyInn, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Charlee Sea Breeze, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for MISLEADING other guests of our inn.

If you want to stay 3 nights free of charge (complaining about your room on the 3rd night) we are not that place. Also, the police, our staff, the town inspector, and a professional exterminator (with a bed bug sniffing dog) found NO Bed Bugs.

It seems you are continually seeking to DAMAGE our reputation, even after we PAID for your 3rd night (Out Of Courtesy), PAID for a night at another hotel (on a holiday weekend), PAID for your cost of laundry (which you did and we reimbursed for cost), and PAID for an exterminators time which ended up in nothing being found.

Unfortunately, this guest seems to want everything FREE, including a 4th night free AFTER the issue was resolved.

Our staff is well aware of the issues that arise and are trained to handle it the best way possible. We cannot, however, check travelers prior to staying to see of they have such issues.

I hope the next hotel you choose does not have such issues with your stay as well.

Reviewed 7 July 2011

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a cock roach.

After a long planed trip to seaside heights new jersey for the forth of July weekend with a few of my close friends, we end up at this dump which is infested with bed bugs.

We had to call the Police and they lifted up our beds and saw that there was half full beer bottles under our beds. The room had not been cleaned. And you could clear see that there was little black bed bugs around the room. One was on my friends pillow and another one ran across my friends chest. The room also had an Oder and the air conditioner looked like it was going to fall out of the wall onto the side walk. There was mold under the bathroom sink.

The hotel would not give us a refund and i had to get my home sprayed which cost me almost one thousand dollars. This place should be boarded up !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank auntiejoga

Dear Guest,

Please do not try to DAMAGE our reputation because we cannot give out 3 free nights on a major holiday weekend at our small Inn. After THREE DAYS of your YOUNG group staying in the room, you Claim an issue has been found and you want all your money refunded, as well as another night for free. We had a professional exterminator (with sniffing dog), the town inspector, our management staff, and NO Bed Bugs were found.

Out of COURTESY, we PAID for your 3rd night, PAID for your stay at another location, PAID for a professional exterminator to find NOTHING in the room, and even PAID you back for the cost of you doing your laundry.

Our staff is well trained in handling these situations as it is important to our hotel to not have future issues. We inspect every room fully for any issue including the one mentioned here. We also FULLY clean all rooms to the best of our ability.

For future reference, Bed bugs are not Linked to room cleaniness, especially if YOUR GROUP has been in the room for Three days already. The cleanest rooms in New York's 5-Star hotels also faced this issue. Bed bugs are derived from TRAVELERS who are not aware they have them in luggage or clothing.