“poor service, dirty room and no frills”
Review of Sea Palace Inn

Sea Palace Inn
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Basically this place provides toilet paper and cheap soap. Beds were dirty and when asked for clean sheets had to put beds together ourselves. No phones, no coffee, old tube t.v. with 8 channels and a remote that did not work. Beach passes very limited had none 1st day and had to wake up @ 7am next day to try to get some. Room service doesn't exist. Complained to manager about condition of room and reason we were over charged but told they had a right to charge as they pleased depending on how many rooms were available. Rates in computer not written in stone. Will never stay there again!

1  Thank Anabela B

Reviewed 27 July 2012

This is a repeat visit to the Sea Palace Inn. I choose this motel because it's walking distance to beach, free parking, free beach passes and affordable.
I like the refrigerator and microwave in room. The room has no clock and tv is the old tube style with a handful of channels. Bed is visibly worn and sheets felt dirty. Forget wifi, not happening from the room.
The hotel is over priced by about $50 a night. To that end I'll probably stay here again unless I find a hotel for similar or cheaper price that's a bit more Suitable.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank haringdr27
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My Fiance and two children and I stayed at Sea Palace Inn for two nights and I was amazed in how short of a distance it was to sea side shore. {only a five minute walk to the board walk, water slides, midway and stores} All amenities {restaurants, bars and banks} for that fact are all within walking distance of this motel... The management were very nice and pleasant as well to talk with and house keeping had no problem with handing extra supplies out when needed. The rooms are a minimum meaning bed, TV, dresser, desk, fridge, microwave and washroom & AC, NO telephone but if you ask management they have no problem with lending their phone : ) They also have a small pool in between both hotels u can use up till 11 pm. So I give this Inn a 4 out of 5 for cleanliness and good service... New Jersey ROCKS from Canada : )

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed 4 nights with my husband and 3 kids. I was there actually mid July 2012 and i cant tell you how happy i was with the management, with service, with location and defenitely with the room. I read all those horror stories people wrote and was actually afraid to go there, you know what? i am really happy to find out that i witnesed the opposite! i am already planning to go back next month! the room was clean, service every morning, they monitor the area all the time, i always got extra towels, location to the boardwalk is perfect (2 blocks away), away from the noise but close enough to all the fun!... perfect get away with or without kids! very friendly people at the front desk, free parking, free passes to the beach!... they are so nice that they let you park your car the last day after you check out at 10am if you want to spend the last few hours at the beach. i love this place and i am glad i went there! PS all the people that are saying bad about staff must have been years ago because i met most of the staff for my stay and i must say i am very impressed! they made you feel like you are paying for a 5 star hotel. if any of the staff is reading this i want to thank you once again especially Debbie who came to fix my room every morning, she is so sweet, she even told us to take the kids to the aquarium (it was raining that day) and i am glad i listened to her, it was great! thank you Sea Palace Inn!
-Antigona

Room Tip: loved the room i stayed in (203)
2  Thank Antigona H
Reviewed 20 July 2012

So I want to start by saying that the location of this motel was ideal- a 5 minute walk to the boardwalk and beach.. but that is about all it has going for it. The staff were very rude (the worst customer service I have ever received). We had made a reservation for the efficiency room 3 weeks before we were scheduled to arrive. When we got to the motel, they had given our efficiency room to someone else, and gave us a different room, and then we had the option to switch the next day. Although we received a discout of $13 a night for our trouble, no one ever apologized or explained how our reservation was mysteriously given away to other customers. We were informed that we could come back the next day at a specific time to check into our new room (and we confirmed this time repeatedly), and when we came back we were rudely informed that the room would not be ready for another hour. Again, no apology or explanation was given for our inconvenience. When we checked into our room, we discovered that no dishes or pots/pans, or utensils were provided, which was the whole reason we chose that room (so that we could save some money and cook our own food), so we ended up having to buy everything. I just don't understand how the owners of this motel keep their business running, with such terrible customer service. A smile and an apology would really go a long way! Or maybe just not messing up customers reservations!

Room Tip: The "efficiency" room does not include dishes, pots, forks/spoons/knives, etc... so there...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 102Coco
seapalace, Public Relations Manager at Sea Palace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Guest,
We are sorry for the reservation mix up. We did compensate your for the mix up and try to get you in your original room soon as possible. We are sorry you had to wait for your room to get ready. We do have have pots and pans or utensils in the efficiency. We used you have pots and pans in the room but people tend you destroy them or throw them out upon check out. As a less hassle we stop putting utensils and pots and pan. We do not advertise efficiency as fully furnished. You must bring your utensils and pots and pan for cooking. I am sorry staff was rude. We will train our staff to be more understanding with the situation and accommodating in future. We will make sure things like t his don't happen any more.

JD

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Okay, If you watch Jersey Shore people and you've never been to Seaside Heights or New Jersey, You have no idea!
I have been coming here for many years and for a Hotel in Seaside super close to the beach and Spicy Restaurant, and Midway, You will enjoy yourself. The Staff and Manager are awesome! They were very helpful and they even let me check in at 8 am, gave me beach passes and were very informative.
Stayed in Room 202. Room was clean, comfortable and the air conditioning was super cold on a super hot day. After the beach, we went to the pool which was awesome! Shaded and comfortable.
Read the reviews, then make your own decision. The Management and staff are willing to make you happy and do anything you need to resolve any issue leading to a Happy Customer.
So close to many awesome places. Razzles is across the street, if you like to party and Dance also there is a 24 hour deli, and the food and coffee is the best! Get a nice hot coffee to wake up at all hours, because if you are familiar with the Jersey Shore, You need a 24 hour day to get the most out of it.
The beds were very firm which I loved.
So, I know, I will make sure to come back and visit. Everyone has to remember, there is always a solution to any problem and at the Sea Palace Inn, they will make sure you are always there 24 hours a day to accommodate you.
Thank you for making our stay the best!
Paula Cruz

Room Tip: Second floor was great! Quiet, relaxing!
1  Thank Beauttane
seapalace, Public Relations Manager at Sea Palace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Hi Paula,
Thanks for the great review. I hope to see you soon.

Management

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Overall it was probably the worst place I've ever stayed in on a vacation. The staff was rude, especially the security guard, cursing at the kids that were around. My room had bugs when we woke up. It was not worth the money. Stay in another place and enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2012