“excellent”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Colony Motel
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

myself and my fiancee stayed here for 2 weeks , upon arrival we were greeted by sunny the owner, this lady does not stop from morning till nite, nothing is too much trouble . maid service is excellent, great location nice pool, also like to mention big ron a great guy , in all nothin but good memories, wud recommend to anyone, we will be back x

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank jimmyl937

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My family just stayed here, and we loved it.. The owner was great always making sure your stay was comfortable. The room was very clean.. I was surprised how clean... Beds where comfortable.... We are playing our next trip there for next year and maybe even again this year...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pballer98
Jersey
Reviewed 28 June 2012

As the title implies, I keep coming back. Its the only place I stay at when my family visits seaside heights. As I've stated in earlier reviews, this is not a brand spanking new motel. If thats what you want or are used to, then you might want to try other options. What this place is though is clean, well maintained, and very well cared for. The staff and management are very friendly and courteous and do make a serious effort to take care of complaints almost immediately. For instance, the screw from the wall mount of the hangar holder had fallen off the wall, went to the front desk to inform the management, left for a quick walk on the board walk and by the time we got back the fixture had been repaired. Its the little things like that that count in my book.

For me myself, I don't need a "sparkling state of the art facility" to keep me happy. I want to be on the beach or on the boardwalk or in the pool. What I do need though is a clean, reasonably priced, family oriented hotel to sleep in. And for me, the colony fits that description to a tee.

Room Tip: Don't forget to use the beach passes!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank AJS72
NY
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was a spontaneous stay with friends..a "girls" trip with Moms, teens and kids.... The motel is quaint and kept very clean. Its not a resort, so those expectations should be left at the bridge. Its a place to sleep..The rooms were big enough, and clean. Not ultra modern..but very cute. Sunny is sweet. It felt good knowing she was always there if needed. She is very dedicated to customer satisfaction! We would definitely go back again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank myspecialks
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2011

in seaside heights you cant be expecting the best quality but this place was TERRIBLE every where you go sunny is watching you i think that there theme song should be "i always feel like somebody's watching me and i have no privacy" for people who are staying there i think that you better not take to much candy because you will get yelled at and the air conditioning is below a sink where it is barely accessible and it takes 3 days just for one room to finally get cool. this is NOT THE BEST PLACE TO STAY AT. and raff69 i have to disagree with what you think about the hotel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank erb338
ColonyMotel, Manager at Seaside Colony Motel, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
TERRIBLE? Because you didn't get enough free candy? All you had to do was ask. I am going to "assume" you are an adult. Even though I doubt it.

You brought up a couple of issues.

First, we will talk about the Air Conditioning. Yes, the 2nd floor room Air Conditioners are located below the sink. They ALL work and are well within rated size for the rooms they are in. You won't be able to use the room as a Freezer but there are no known issues. In fact some people complain the rooms are too cold. Did you stay during the week it was 95 degrees every day? We are sorry the Air Conditioner was not cool enough for you.

Second, we will talk about Sunny. Sunny is up at the "crack of dawn" and goes non-stop until 10pm. Why? Because she cares that our guests have the best experience she can possibly supply. 99% of ALL OUR GUESTS appreciate the personal attention she gives EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. Guess what. You are in the 1% that doesn't. What you consider a lack of privacy, we consider excellent Customer Service and we are quite happy with things the way they are.

We don't claim to be the best. Our guests say we are. The last time I looked 93% of our reviews were positive according to Tripadvisor. That is unsolicited and we really appreciate that our guests feel that way about their stay.

We strive to give ALL our guests a clean room, a comfortable bed, a safe environment, and Sunny will smile and ask how you are doing.

Psst... The free candy at the front desk is still here (while supply lasts).
Warwick, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We loved our stay here. Sonny & her staff are wonderful. Only a block from the beach and boardwalk., perfect location. I came with my girlfrend for our annual trip but I would definitely bring my family back as well. Our room was clean and beds were comfortable. Sonny was nice enough to lend us the beach passes eventhough we checked out that day. We will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: Nice quiet location, with a cvs across the street.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank themann67
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Best kept secret in Seaside Heights. Our family of 5 have been staying here for years. Great host.

• Stayed September 2010
Seaside Best Rentals
Seaside Best Rentals
#1 of 7 in Seaside Park
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms Ri...
#29 of 39 in Seaside Heights
#8 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Belmont Motel
Belmont Motel
#18 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Seaside Colony Motel? Share your experiences!