“The Best”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Colony Motel
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Long Island, New York
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for 5 days from Thursday until Monday and I cant begin to describe how happy we were that we choose the Colony. Sunny was so caring about making sure we slept ok and everyday we had fresh towels and our beds made. I also really liked that Sunny was always walking around the premises and simply saying good morning or hello to the guests (its the little things that matter). The room was the perfect size and there were four of us. A lot of people write how much this is a family place and I think Sunny was nervous seeing 3 young adults check-in but she did not treat us any different as we were respectful and quiet. She even accommodated at no extra charge for me to have a 4th guest join us on Saturday until Monday. Also, after check out on Monday she allowed us to leave my car on the premises and use the beach passes for the day at no extra charge. I would 100% stay here again and plan on it in a few weeks! Everything was so, so, SO clean and the pool was really nice!! We really liked that it was away from the noise on the boardwalk and it was a 2 minute and 28 second walk to the beach (I timed it on my phone!). The mini fridge and microwave were a nice little convenience too! I just suggested this motel last night to a friend of mine who is looking to get away for a little vacation with her husband and son. I would absolutely suggest staying here!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amanda W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Eastchester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff was really nice and accommodating. Sonny made sure that my family felt comfortable with everything. She even went out of her way to accommodate an extra late check out as my wife was pregnant and we moved a little slower. All in all the facilities were pretty good. Its a motel but it was clean and everything worked which is a plus. There was quiet at night , this is a family atmosphere motel. I would stay here again for a weekend getaway without a doubt!

Stayed July 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in early July 2014. The owner was very friendly and welcoming, it was nice to see that she was always keeping an eye on the place.

Our room was cleaned early each day when we were out to breakfast. I appreciated the attentiveness to this detail.

The hotel is very conveniently located to the boardwalk and the beach, but far enough away from some of the noise.

As always, it was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room.

The hotel was an overall good value. I would recommend this place, especially to families.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This is the best and clean hotel in seaside! I came with my whole family and we love this place .And the price is very good . Is very close to the boardwalk , around 5 minutes walking . bed linen and towels very clean. Surely we will return next summer .

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rilasangel
Hoboken, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

It feels unfair to give the property three stars because they do well with what they have. At the end of the day, it's still a seasonal motel.

Postive:
* The owners really care about the property and it is the way hospitality should be. We were greeted by Sunny and she checked us in, escorted us to the room, and explained everything. She finished by saying "please stop by in the morning because I make coffee for everybody". You don't get this service many places.
* It is very family friendly oriented, so teenagers and young adults should probably stay someplace in the middle of the boardwalk. It's located at the end of the boardwalk, just a block or two from the beach. Close enough to everything, yet far enough away.
*The property was clean. Not immaculate, but clean.
*Minifridge and microwave in the room
* Beach tags included
* Across the street from CVS

Negative:
* Curb appeal isn't great. It looks like a motel.
* In the 21st century, all hotels (even motels) should use electronic locks. This property still uses hard keys
* Stains on the floor and back of door.
* Beds still have comforters, which I'm sure most motels do. I personally feel much more comfortable with white sheets rather than floral or dark comforters. I just don't know how often they get washed.
* Very small television, very small vanity, bathroom is very average
* Walls thin; heard the family above us the entire time

Room Tip: Stay on a top floor so you don't hear people above you