“Great Trip, We'll be back to this hotel Again.”

Sky View Manor Motel
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Trip, We'll be back to this hotel Again.”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We pick this hotel for it’s location to the Funtown Pier Amusements on the boardwalk.
When we got to the room it was clean and neat. The room was a little run down but nothing we couldn’t live with. The only two problems I had with the place were
(1) no smoke detectors in the room and
(2) the refrigerator was able to be turned off by the light switch.
Which after I said something about they fixed right away.
The staff went out of their way to make sure we had a good time and even went out and bought and inflated new pool toys for the kids. My 19 month old was ecstatic when they inflated a new baby float for her. The smile on her face was priceless.
They even had security there at night and expect the younger (18 – 25) crowd to behave. The night time staff was extremely tolerant of the 19 month old.
The pool has two sides to it. A 2 foot baby pool and a 2 – 10 foot pool for the older people.
Most of the other hotels I have stay at in Seaside Heights were more interested in your money and not your comfort. I’m so glad that we found this place and were befriended by management and staff. We will not be staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Book your room 6 - 8 months early for the best rooms and deals.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
NJ
Reviewed 22 July 2011

The pros include:
very close to boardwalk and restaurants
coupons for breakfast place nearby
large room
large pool
friendly staff
reasonably priced

The cons include:
Bathroom was old and run down
Mirror in bedroom was blocked by a large dresser
Shower made bathroom extremely steamy and mirror would get covered for a quite a bit of time due to lack of ventilation
Pool was pretty crowded (as one would expect though)
Mattresses were hard so our backs were a bit sore in the morning
Found other peoples' garbage left behind in the room behind the couch and under the bed
Hole in the bathroom ceiling
Bathroom door looked damaged - like it had been broken into
Layout to get to our room was odd
Tiny parking space (but it was free!)

Overall, if your expectations are not set too high (after all, it is seaside and not spring lake) then it's a reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed in a "suite." When we first arrived none of the lights in the room worked. We had to call the guy to come fix them & it seemed as if he didnt know what he was doing. The curtains were dirty even the shower curtain. Written on the wall was "bin laden," not so comforting as the motel claims to be. We wore flip flops in the room at all times we were so disgusted. The draws from the dresser were dirty with crumbs. The refrigerator smelled like rotten fish. There was two tvs in the room one of which didnt work & the larger tv only had one channel. So much for "satellite tv" Also the bathroom door barely closed, you had to slam it. We complained & were moved to another room which was better however the refrigerator didnt work & the bathroom door was messed up, again. It wouldnt close & when u slammed it closed it wouldnt open unless someone kicked it in from the outside. Mattress had stains on it. The pool was okay but this motel needs some serious work!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

new york
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This was the dirtiest disgusting place I ever stayed at. The curtains couldn't even stay on the window as the clips that the hooks go in were missing, the "safety Latch" was hanging by a thread. You could probably open the door when it was locked if you put your shoulder into it. The smoke detector had no batteries, they were attached to duct tape and laid on top of a picture frame. There is only about 8 stations for cable. I had to ask them to clean the dirty disgusting pool. There was nothing in the skimmer so you know the pools not working correctly. You have to ask for your own toilet paper and fresh towels, there is no maid service. The bathroom light had a light bulb missing. The curtain rod for the bath looked like someone took a hammer and put a hole in the wall then the rod. The metal railing was coming apart in two different areas outside of my door. The air conditioner looked like they used blown in insulation to attach it to the wall. There are no stoppers in any drains. The cement walkways were so dirty, but that might be because if they power washed it the cement would fly off and injure someone. The stairwells are filthy and smell. You even have to empty your own garbage. If it was $40 a night that would be something else. I can't understand why they are not shut down.

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2011

were told rooms would be side by side were 8 doors away from each other.windows are open don t close r lock doors also most locks don t work..miads look homeless 2 find out they work there 2 live there.carpet so dirty we werwe flip flops.curtains in room were missing hooks had 2 tie together to close.smelled like pissin rooms brought cleaning supplys . no maid service unles u ask but who wanted them in room didn t seem trust wortly.trash can had throw up in it dryed.pictures of room r very old not what u r getting TRUST ME BUILD IN 1967 SO WERE PICTURES .all my friends r mad at me 4 booking this dump ages 30 to 55 were not kids i 4 1 clean 4 a living i told them this when booking said it must b clean n a nice room this was what we got lol.had 2 go buy toilet paper 11 p m no one in office. never seen any room being cleaned in the 3 days there. was told there is flat screen t v none in any rooms are a c sucked bathroom tub don t know when cleaned last.. i travel all over this is the worst place .i could tell u more but please take my word go elsewere sea garden is great but jersey shore cast has it all this summertill sept. not many places in seaside r very nice n clean.been going here 10 years and they just keep getting worst.i still made the best of trip cause NO REFUNDS DIDN T HAVE MONEY 2 FIND SOMETHING ELSE i booked this 6 months ago.friends checked 5 rooms found 1 bigger not better oh yell make sure u get the size u payed 4 we had reg. room payed 4 jr suite

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank debfeo2565
Stony Point, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I usually look on Tripadvisor to help me pick a place. I shouldn't have done that this time. The lights barely worked, the bathroom hasn't been updated or even touched since the hotel first opened, the comforters had cigarette burns in them, people were screaming at 2am, and to top it off, a woman complained to the management about a blood stain on their shower curtain. I couldn't wait to get out of the room for as long as possible. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ap0108
Berkshire County, MA
Reviewed 16 July 2011

For the price of the hotel I was not expecting much out of the place, but I was expecting to feel SAFE! This was NOT THE CASE!! When we arrived to our room right away we noticed that the room wasn't shut all the way. We tried to shut it, but it wouldn't shut, so needless to say, we didn't need a key to get into the room, nor did anyone else for that matter. Upon further inspection of the room I noticed that there was no smoke detector. When I found the smoke detector is was in a drawer with no batteries in it. Not much good to those of us who want to be aware if there is a fire in the hotel.
When I brought it to the attention of the man at the front desk he told me that he would put new batteries in it, "problem solved". Well, not probelm solved for me. I wanted to know if all the other rooms had the same problem and if any actually had working smoke detectors. He told me that he would personally go room to room making sure that they all worked.
While I was standing on the balcony talking with Expedia to get my room changed I never once saw anyone from the hotel go into any other room.
This place is a DUMP! Add to the lack of safety, the room also smelled and was covered in sand. I understand that they are a beach hotel and sand is to be expected, but I could have built a sand castle with all the sand that was in the bathroom from the previous guests.
There wasn't enough hooks to hold up the shower curtain and the toliet was so old and nasty that my daughter wouldn't even sit on it.
Other people did seem to be enjoying the hotel during the hour that we were there, but for the safety of my children I left that awful place. I would NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER recommend this place to ANYONE, not even my worst enemy.
Spend the extra $10-$20 a night and stay someplace safer and better. The only upside to this place was the closeness to the beach, but personally I would rather walk an extra block and feel safe in a place rather than stay in a place who can not ensure my family's safety.
If I could give negative scores on the rating I would. I wish that I had thought to take pictures of the awfulness but I was so worried about getting my family to someone safer that I didn't take any.

Room Tip: This place was awful, but we were very happy with the second place we stayed, The Sea-Breeze Inn
1 Thank Kellie11106