“Wonderful Summer at Skyview”

Sky View Manor Motel
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 26 August 2006

Enjoyed my stay at Skyview Manor Motel. Wonderful motel near every attractions. Rooms are clean and very spacious. Pool is such beautiful and big size that we could not resist taking advantage of it in hot summer temperature. I was suppose to stay for 4 nights but instead ended up staying there for 2 weeks. Management is really great and very friendly. I recommended staying at Skyview Manor to all my friends and families. Great views of ocean, boardwalk and seaside skyline.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
6  Thank maryna

Reviewed 26 August 2006

We have stayed in Seaside Heights 3 years in a row and this was our best experience yet. The motel was a half block to the boardwalk, my family enjoyed the large pool as well as kiddie pool area, the staff was helpful and nice. It was really a great place to stay. Not only was my immediate family there (wife and son), but 2 of my sisters stayed with their families also.

We were very happy there and will return to the Sky View when we visit Seaside again. After 3 motels in 3 years - Sky View is where we'll stay in the future.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
7  Thank visitseaside
Reviewed 8 August 2006

We looked at the hotel on their website and it looked really nice so we called and booked 3 nights and paid then by credit card.
When we arrived I thought we were in the wrong place. The place was totally dirty really disgusting. We were refused our money back so we had no choice but to stay. The door lock was wiggly and the door had a gap all the way around. I left my clothes in the suitcase the whole time. The refrigerator wasn't really cold but that was ok because it was dirty and we didn't use it. The bathroom wasn't cleaned the last peoples powder was all over everything.The whole room was FILTHY and stunk. No towel bars at all and burn holes all over the sink. I cleaned the sink and put towels all over the floor and bottom of shower before I used it. I never took off my flipflops and thank goodness I brough my own quilt and pillow as I laid it down on the bed before I laid on top of it. We were afraid to look to close at anything. The 2 rooms next door to us had about 15 underage girls staying in them and they drank all day and night and screamed and carried on all night! The second night someone called the police 4 times on them ( I couldn't because they did not put a phone in our room!) The seaside police were a disgrace as far as those girls were concerned. The same 3 cops came all 4 times and flirted with these drunked underage girls accepting their drunken hugs and kidding with them They asked the girls if anyone was over 21 and the girls stated no they were not, the police did nothing but tell them they could of course go to the pool and get naked!! It was 4PM then by the way! They sure did go to the pool and their drunked screams were heard by the whole hotel. The night motel clerk did nothing. The whole time we were there no one came to our room to even take the garbage, we realized there were NO cleaning people at all. The curtain didn't cover the window and we had to hang our beach towels over it. This was by far the worst of the worst. The whole place smelled of beer and pee. We stayed on the beach and boardwalk as much as possible to avoid that hole. STAY AWAY and ignore the pictures on the web as they must have been taken of a fake room

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frankdominickniko
skyviewmanormotel, manager at Sky View Manor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2006

Everything written here is wrong and misleading ..this person is saying that he was next to room that had 15 underage girls !!!!!!? this is totally wrong ,anybody that checks in is asked for a valid ID to verify his/her age no one can rent a room without a vaild ID and each room we have is 4 person room ,howcome 15 girls were staying in the room as he claims ..
the person claimes that the four police officers who visited for a surprise check asked them to go to the pool at 4.00 am , in fact the pool gate is always locked at night time and no officer can tell anybody to go to the pool after pool hours..

Reviewed 31 July 2006

My husband and I decided to have a 20th Anniversary trip to Seaside Heights. After looking at all the web pages for the various inns and hotels, we decided to give the SkyView Manor Motel a try. Their web site is very attractive but it was obvious as soon as we arrived that the pictures were deceiving. The place was very old. When we entered the hotel office we walked into an argument between a potential guest and hotel staff. She wanted out and said she never even took the time to put her bags in the room. I also became suspicious when I noticed that posted on the walls were signs detailing the cost for destruction of motel property. Windows, etc. I really started to wonder what kind of a place this was. As we entered our room there was a distinct aroma of beer, cigarettes and sweat. There was hardly any room to move around. The bathroom was filthy and the towels were dish towel size and could be seen through. The bedding was stained and seriously well worn and in places you couldn't tell what the pattern was any more. The sheets were so thin you could see to the mattress.

We left immediately. With a refund less the deposit. These guys must make their money on people giving up their deposit.

We did find 2 very new (Both opened in 2006) hotels to stay in The White Pearl and the Sea Palace hotels on Sumner. Both offered very modern rooms and it was hard to choose between the 2. We stayed at the Sea Palace for $139 per night and we had a King size bed with a Heart shaped Jacuzzi in the room. What a wonderful deal and it came with breakfast at a nearby restaurant. Although the Sea Palace has to share a pool with a sister hotel, we didn't plan on using a pool anyway. The White Pearl has a beautiful roof top pool and sundeck.

Now about Seaside Heights. I really like this town. The Boardwalk is clean and nicely organized. The rides on the 2 piers looked very safe and well maintained. All the food we tried was great. Especially dinner at Luna Rosa. There is even a fishing pier on Casino Pier which we tried out (for a fee) It was fun. On the Bay side there are 2 spots with guarded bay beaches great for little kids because it is very calm and also crabbing piers. This is also great if you have kids and inexpensive. This was all midweek. We thought the weekends would probably be a little rowdy because there are several large nightclubs in town.

Seaside Heights is a great place but it pays to plan your trip wisely, there were plenty of accommodations to be had when we wandered for a place to stay midweek. Always remember that if the deal seems too good it probably is. Buyers beware. Life’s a Beach!!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coopieclan

when this gentleman came with his wife to check in our manager chowed him 4 defferent rooms and asked him to select one, after going to the room,he mentioned "my dog would rather sleep in the car than your room" you can see the sentence he's using ,anyone who likes this place (which is alot of customers) has no class!!
we have thousands of people stayed in our motel and still coming back ,and recieve many emails from our satisfied happy guests..this gentleman is saying is that these people has no class!!!???
the funny thing that this gentleman stayed in a newly built motel( sea palace inn) and he doesn't know that both motels are owned by the same family group..the sky view manor had a rate of $99/night,while the sea palace had $139/night naturally a new building would always look better.however sky view has a large pool and only half a block away from th boardwalk,while seapalace inn has no pool and 2 blocks away from the boardwalk..

Reviewed 29 July 2006

This is the worst hotel in the United States of America!
I booked 2 nights in the SkyView over the internet. When I showed up the place looked older and more run down than the pictures on the internet but I was reserved so I thought it could be OK.

At the front desk therew was another customer ahead of me asking for her money back. I let her have time and space with the manager. Then when it was my turn I paid and carried the bags up to the 3rd floor. I thought a 4 floor place would have an elevator. The stairs were dirty with litter and cigarette butts.

When we got to the 3rd floor I saw the rooms all faced the common hall with a floor to celing window. At our room the lock was a little broken. The door was loose in the frame. The room was dark and ther curtains did not completely cover the window. The curtain hardware was partly missing so passers by could look right into the room. The room smelled of beer and tabacco. The curtains decorated with cigarette burns.The dresser drawer was hanging off the dresser. The air conditioner was held into the wall with newspaper and tinfoil. The carpet was no longer a color but more like a dirt floor. The wood paneling was partially torn away from the wall and water damage was aparant on the celing. The only other window was in the bathroom and was stuck open. The bathroom smelled like pee and the towels were like rags. There was mildew on the shower curtain and walls. One tof the bedspreads had a dark smear stain running across and down ( I hope it was food). This was supposed to be a no smoking room...Ha!

I looked around and thought "I don't want to take my clothes out of the suitcase."
My wife and I agreed this is not the place for us. I went to the front desk to ask for a refund. Outside the office there was a suspicious man who asked my wife for a cigarette. He told her "You better not leave your bags there, some one might take them." The manager gave me my money back with but he kept my $50. deposit. He wanted to show me a better place but I had noticed they don't really clean the hotel. The whole place smelled like disinfectant. If this place survives it is on the un refunded deposits of decent normal people like me and from rooms rented by teenagers who share 10 to a room.

They claim it is the biggest pool in Seaside Heights if it is, it is biggest by 2 inches. All the hotel pools in Seaside are small

Never go to this hotel it is a crappy place run by crappy guys.

I got back in my car and found a nice place 2 blocks away for not too much more.

John Cooper

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank captainmicrophone
Reviewed 26 July 2006

booked room based on some reviews of hotel, management gave us 4 keys to different rooms. each room was worse than the other.in all my years of traveling ive never seen a dirtier more filthy hotel in my life. i would have been afraid to close my eyes to go to sleep. after looking at the rooms i went and told management that i would not stay in this hotel paid the $50 cancellation fee(very much worth it) and went and stayed at a different hotel

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank dunmore36
A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed 15 July 2006

the employees there are extremely nice. their not some old hags that like to harass kids for every little thing they do....and they have respect for their hotel and its in excellent condition and everything is under full control...and very enjoyable stay

Stayed: July 2006