“nice place good price”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 10 January 2013

very good place to stay.one thing I did not like was the tv too small. It is right down the road from EJs bar. The price is even better off season for room in september. Looking to come back in summer 2013 even if board walk is not done.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kevin f
There are newer reviews for Sunburst Motels I & II

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel just this past weekend. The staff and management were very friendly. The hotel is really a no frills type of place - if you're looking for a five star hotel you won't find one at the Jersey Shore - they all range from one to three stars. The room was clean enough. The only disappointment was on our final night in the room when we went to get into bed, we found a small black bug crawling on the sheet. I'm not saying the place has bed bugs or that this bug was a bed bug because I have no way of being sure - but any sort of incect in a bed leaves one a little scared to sleep in that bed. Also, when we went to bed the first night our sheets were clean. Upon waking up in the morning we noticed red streaks on the sheets that looked like dried blood. When my boyfriend killed the black bug that we found on our final night - it made the same kind of red streak on the sheet. We assumed that these bugs were in the bed and we were killing them in our sleep and that's what cause the red stains. Our sheets were never changed during our four day stay. I'm not saying the place has bed bugs - but I would warn that you take percautions.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Referred by a friend, I visited Seaside Heights for the first time and stayed at the Sunburst I during the Labor Day weekend. I read horror stories about Seaside Motels, but since my friend has been a client of Sunburst for several years, I decided to trust her. Still dubious, I brought along blankets, pillows and Clorox to clean, just in case. When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spotless and smelled fresh and clean. The décor is outdated (1980s, as are all Seaside Heights Motels), but if you don’t care about this, then you’ll be happy. I stayed at the Sunburst I. They have parking available and also an overflow lot down the street. The pool is small, but very clean. Management was very pleasant. The entire place was spotless. I saw workers even cleaning the outside trash cans and windows every day (I was there for 3 days). My room had a king size bed, large closet with mirrors on the door, a good working air conditioner and a kitchenette. The kitchenette had a microwave (too big for the small counter so you don’t have counter space), a small 30” round table and two chairs. It included some pots/pan, small liquid soap, sponge and electric can opener. I brought my own stuff and still wiped down the counters and table with Clorox. The room had a safe, which was great. The room/bathroom did not have any hooks, towel bars, shelves, nor did it have a phone, blower, iron nor ironing board (you must ask for the iron and board). The TV was a 19” or 20” tube TV with a snowy picture, but had cable so it was fine. It was very basic. It would be helpful if the hotel’s emergency number was posted somewhere in the room, along with the police station’s phone number, for non-life threatening emergencies. From 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. they serve coffee and bagels. This is a family oriented place. If you party hardy, you get kicked out and put on their fecal roster. The location was great as it is about 1 ½ blocks to the board walk. The street heading to the boardwalk (Hancock) was quiet and has small rental homes. There is also a 7-11 next door on Boulevard. They also have the Sunburst II, which I didn't care for. Sunburst II has a patio/deck with tables and chairs and people were hanging out pretty late. The rooms face this deck.

The only problem I had was with the town and the people that frequent Seaside Heights. The hotel sits on Boulevard and Hancock. Boulevard was very busy at night. There were a lot of drunken people walking to the area’s popular clubs, Bamboo and Karma (about 6 blocks away. For Jersey Shore fans, the Jersey Shore house is about 3 or 4 blocks away). This became a nuisance as it was noisy all night with cars speeding by, police chasing the speeders and constant police sirens and people shouting down the street. If your air conditioner is on, you won’t hear it. Since I had my air on low, it kept cycling on and off and I kept waking up to the noise outside. Aside from that, it is a great location. Just come with earplugs and a fleece so you can crank up the air and drown out the noise. I plan on staying here again.

PS: Get ready to people watch and see the best of the ghetto fabulous fashion on the board walk. It can be scary at times. My review on Seaside Heights will be separate from this review.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank AnOpinionatedPR
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had never been here before and was not sure what to expect. I guess for $180 we got what we paid for. The owners were nice & pleasant and willing to help with info at check in. Out room was a different story! everything was so low to the ground. There was 2 dbl beds that were hard as rocks and when one person moved in the bed it was like a earthquake was going on. We even switched beds cuz our teens had mentioned it. Their bed was worse than ours. The room was very plain no frills. 1950's chairs and a table in the corner. small bathroom with a bar of soap. and the TV! Really? it was maybe a 19" old tv. The room was spacious so the beds were far from the tv and it had one bureau and a mirror on the wall. To me we were slumming it. The pool was not very big...especially for TWO hotels. The Sunburst II uses it too. We were at the pool the first day and everyone came in at the same time. there were sooo many people in the pool all you could do was get wet to cool off and get out. But the room was clean. I check for bed bugs at every hotel!!! i guess for a place to lay your head for the night it was ok. Will not be going back to Seaside heights tho.

Room Tip: Room 14 at least has a small ocean view from the window outside the bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank IRISHGIRL767
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

I am never disappointed when I stay here. Very clean. Beautiful staff. Family oriented and often we meet and talk with many Others on the deck at Sunburst 2 which is where we stay most often. Great because it has a huge deck with barbecue grills and the efficiencies are spacious enough for us to be comfortable with a separate section for living room area. Recommend for seaside heights!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank MechelleNj J
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My wife and I decided to take our three year old daughter to the Jersey Shore for a few nights. We were worried about a hotel because we've had less than great experiences in the past at the Jersey Shore. Back when we were without a child we did not mind that much, but now is a different story. Cleanliness was key! We chose Sunburst Motel due to their good ratings on TripAdvisor and I must say that all the good reviews were well earned! The motel was VERY clean and had no mildew smell that is so common with motels at the shore. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the maid staff did a wonderful job cleaning the room. The motel's location is perfect. One block from the beach and boardwalk. The room was quiet at night and had a stove, refrigerator and microwave which were also kept VERY clean! The motel had several tables and gas grills on the deck for barbecuing. On the deck, people from the rooms intermingled and you can get to know the other guests. While the motel was NOT loud or crazy, it definitely had a pulse and was not a boring place to stay. In closing, we a had a wonderful time on our weekend at the Jersey Shore and the Sunburst played a large part in that good time. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ron B
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I recently traveled to Seaside Heights in search of a clean place that would be suitable for my family. After seeing the reviews on tripadvisor.com I knew I found the right place! Such a clean pleasant place where the staff treats you like family and the pool is always warm! I heard horror stories of places in Seaside but this place was far from it, it was immaculate and the room was spacious! I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling with their family that appreciates good service and cleanliness cannot say enough about this place so great!!

• Stayed: August 2012
#7 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Belmont Motel
Belmont Motel
#20 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Sunburst Motels I & II? Share your experiences!