“Very Unethical”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Very Unethical. Beware of (obviously) unwritten security deposit policy... Owner has Motel I & II, said there was purported damage at the other hotel (we weren't staying at the other hotel/ had nothing to do with any damage) Management kept $80 of the $200 deposit. Guilty until proven innocent... owner asked if we had proof that we didn't damage the lawn chairs. And they wouldn't provide any documentation of the $80. they kept of the $200. They did this to several other people also, said "everyone needs to contribute to fixing the damage". Taking something that does not belong to you... isn't that called stealing?

Room Tip: Stay Away from Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank I T

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Let's start off with the positives: The place was clean. Of the family who seemed to own the motel, the father and son were very warm and pleasant. The location was great. Room comes with the perfect fridge for stocking up on weekend supplies.

Let's finish with the negatives: You have to wear a wrist band at all times on the property. This is extremely annoying. No shampoo in the bathrooms. Beds aren't very comfortable. Very tiny tube TV. Shower head did not work very well.

Biggest issue: The person who appeared to be the wife in the family that owned this motel was EXTREMELY rude and unpleasant. It started with her reluctance to allow her husband to waive our security deposit. Then the second night I was read the riot act for losing my wrist band. She got very confrontational about it, and then lied to the husband saying that I claimed it "fell off". I did not claim it fell off. I said I lost it. I get the reason for the attitude, but it's the first weekend of the summer. You shouldn't be that annoyed and burnt out already. Try a little bit of innocent until proven guilty next time.

It you're a young adult, you may not want to stay here if you actually want to be treated like one.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank TrvlMike
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The room was clean as was the surrounding grounds and the people who run the place are very helpful. The only problem I had was there was a siren that went off during the night - they have a volunteer fire department. I think they should inform customers of that fact - just in case.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patsy_Toledo
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This is really a great place for a family vacation. Me and my parents had our last vacation in NJ. We stayed there for about a week and must say it was an amazing experience staying in Sunburst mote. The people are so friendly that they were like part of our family. The rooms were very clean and the services were up to the mark. Though they are a bit pricey but we don't mind because the service and the treat just worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed 5 March 2013

All of my friends stayed there last year for Memorial Day weekend, said that the staff and the Room where on point ... I myself am planning on staying there Memorial Day weekend , and any other time I go down throughout the summer!!!...

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Jpima
Reviewed 10 January 2013

very good place to stay.one thing I did not like was the tv too small. It is right down the road from EJs bar. The price is even better off season for room in september. Looking to come back in summer 2013 even if board walk is not done.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kevin f
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel just this past weekend. The staff and management were very friendly. The hotel is really a no frills type of place - if you're looking for a five star hotel you won't find one at the Jersey Shore - they all range from one to three stars. The room was clean enough. The only disappointment was on our final night in the room when we went to get into bed, we found a small black bug crawling on the sheet. I'm not saying the place has bed bugs or that this bug was a bed bug because I have no way of being sure - but any sort of incect in a bed leaves one a little scared to sleep in that bed. Also, when we went to bed the first night our sheets were clean. Upon waking up in the morning we noticed red streaks on the sheets that looked like dried blood. When my boyfriend killed the black bug that we found on our final night - it made the same kind of red streak on the sheet. We assumed that these bugs were in the bed and we were killing them in our sleep and that's what cause the red stains. Our sheets were never changed during our four day stay. I'm not saying the place has bed bugs - but I would warn that you take percautions.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Anchor Motel
Anchor Motel
#6 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / Toms River
Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / ...
#27 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Sunrise Motel
Sunrise Motel
#7 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Sunburst Motels I & II? Share your experiences!