“We LOVED this plce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Sunrise Motel

and 1 more site!
Sunrise Motel
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 5 August 2011

this place was great! Clean- amenities were perfect.. close to boardwalk-beach-the bamboo room..this is the place for families and teens to enjoy a great time! Owners were awesome.. they made what could have been a bad trip into a great one. the only thing we were missing was a coffee pot... but great deli across the street with great fresh food and coffee!! Strongly encourage families looking for a great deal ina clean place to book here.

Room Tip: great rooms clean amenities great!

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Perfect location for the Seaside Heights experience. I took my family on a much needed vacation and we booked the Sunrise Motel. After getting a bit lost, we called the front desk and the attendant lead us right to the parking lot, on the phone with us the whole way. Extremely kind of him, but that was just the beginning. We found this Motel was in the perfect location: One block from the action, yet far enough away that we didn’t hear a peep at night. SWEET, enormous sundeck where we spent a large amount of our time when we weren’t at the beach or the Boardwalk. Very friendly guests and staff…we left our door open almost the whole time, as did most of the other tenants. Very nice, clean pool with plenty of room to get cooled off. The room itself had everything we needed and more. A refrigerator, stove and a ton of cupboard space, as well as two queen sized beds and a pull-out couch. Plenty of room for everyone to spread out. Our room was very comfortable with a large A/C, cleaned and restocked daily, and we never seen housekeeping. Free breakfast, and staff would tell us anything we wanted to know about the local businesses and area in general. Our stay cost half as much as I was planning when I first started looking at places to stay. We can’t wait to go back and hopefully it will be soon…Let the countdown begin!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor where the view is phenominal.
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Just came back from a great week in Seaside. Stayed at the Sunrise Hotel Very friendly staff. Room was very spacious and in my opinion the nicest motel in Seaside . If I go back to Seaside I would definately stay here again.

1  Thank Gladys62
Reviewed 16 July 2011

For Seaside Heights you cant expect too much. A little rust in the bathroom, That mildew-sortof-beach-smell, sand in the carpet is normal. You have to blast the AC to kill the smell. All the pools are tiny and dont expect much in the way of amenities. That said I booked this place because it was rated #1 in Trip Advisor. Unfortunately this place did not distinguish itself as such. AC was broken when we checked in. Too their credit they replaced it within an hour. TV remote was broken so could not control it from bed. They advertise free full breakfast every morning and pizza by the pool on Wednesdays.. At check in very little detail was offered. I was not told about the Pizza or breakfast (like what time, where to get it etc.) The pizza arrived at the pool at 3pm, 2 boxes left on a table by the pool which everyone had their hands in, yuck. The next morning I went to the office to ask about breakfast.. The office was closed. I did not see any breakfast anywhere. My wife went to Ryan's Deli and bought bagels & coffee. At 10am I went back to the office which was now open and asked what happened to breakfast.and was handed 4 vouchers for Ryans Deli entitling me to a breakfast sandwich and coffee. Oh well. Overall this place is on par with the majority of motels in the area but I would not rate it as outstanding. Its clean enough, has a nice sun deck, good proximity to the beach and boardwalk but when it comes to details they are lacking.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I called to make a reservation for a weekend in august. Old RUDE Male receptionist asked how many people would occupy the room. I told him "2 people". He stated "Its couples and families only". I told him: "We are a couple...its 2 people". His next question: "Well how old are you?!" Although I was confused by the question because I didnt see why that mattered, I responded: "26". He then replied "Couples and families only" to which I responded "What does my age have to do with whether we are a couple or not, MY HUSBAND and I would like to reserve a room". His reply "your married?!" was said in a very condescending tone as if it was unbelievable. When I responded "Yes, I am!" he stated "ok..its $189 a night."

I went through way too much TO TRY and provide business for this motel. He was very rude for absolutely no reason and discriminatory to those who want to stay at this establishment.

IF you are EXPECTING a nice simple weekend AS A COUPLE, PLEASE BOOK ELSEWHERE.

5  Thank DISTRAUGHTCOUPLE
jjl45loun, Owner at Sunrise Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

We rent in excess of 2400 room nights during the summer and in order to assure a pleasant experience we vet our customers quite thoroughly. If the prospective renter found that excessive we understand, however we ask every customer the same set of questions and that has enabled us to build the repeat business that we have.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I would like to start by saying that I have never been compelled to write a trip advisor review until my recent stay at the Sunrise Motel in Seaside Heights.
After reading on Trip Advisor that Sunrise had been rated the number one place to stay in Seaside Heights, I was really looking forward to it. The comments on Trip Advisor had all been very positive, but after opening the door to our room, I am convinced that it must be the owner who was writing these comments, as the only word that I can think to describe it is disgusting.
I know that sounds very harsh, and believe me, we are not overly critical people and have stayed in everything from hostels to 4 star hotels during our travels, but I wanted to write to tell you the honest truth about this place.
The smell was probably the worst part. An over powering mouldy smell that gets into your clothes and hair. After having a short shower the bathroom was dripping with condensation for hours after wards. The ventilation was awful, and I'm still having trouble getting the mold smell out of our clothing even after multiple washes and we were only there for one night! I was actually worried about breathing in the air as I'm sure it is riddled with toxic black mold.
The towels looked like rags, and had stains all over them. The place is just really out dated and we couldn't get out of there fast enough.
We met some local people and told them where we were staying. They couldn't believe that Sunrise was rated the number one place.
On a positive note, the location is excellent and only steps from the beach. Also, the owner was very friendly and provided us with beach badges.
All that to say though, I can't believe we paid $160 per night to stay in this awful place.
Lesson learned though... you need to take Trip Advisor reviews with a grain of salt...after all, you never know who could be writing them...

5  Thank MichellefromGuelph
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Stay at the sunrise for 1 night and couldn't get out of it fast enough. Owners were nice and other guest were families. But, were shocked at the quality of rooms and bathrooms. Towels could be mistaked as rags with mystery lipstick stains. Paying a rate of 149.00 a night we were very disappointed and still cant believe the other reviews on trip advisor about this place. everything in the room had a stain or a hole in it. Walls had holes sheets had burn marks, bath tub had rust in it, the couch could not be sat on and thrown to the curb.

thanks to seeing J-wow at Ryans deli across the street this hotel wasn't a total disappointment. sorry no photos.

5  Thank beluga88
#10 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Sea Palace Inn
Sea Palace Inn
#16 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Sunrise Motel? Share your experiences!