“Great place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
New Paltz, New York, United States
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

The owners run a great establishment. Every staff member was super friendly and accomodating (needed extra pillows, needed a car blocking us to move) without question. The rooms were clean and comfy. It was one block from the beach/boardwalk. It had an outdoor pool. The grounds were kept clean as well. I often saw them sweeping up cigarette butts.
The only downfall is it was across the street from a night club. Although loud it didn't keep us up at night...but then again we were at the far end of the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
long island, ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I'll preface this by stating I am NOT a motel person. Tough if you are going to Seaside Heights. Planning a last minute getaway before a few days in AC I decided to book this for 2 nights based on TA reviews. Booked through priceline. Received a call from the motel 2 days later stating that they had overbooked and were going to "upgrade" me to a deluxe unit. How nice! Well, all I can say if this was the upgrade, thank goodness I didn't stay in the originally booked room. I find it hard to believe it was an upgrade, which THEY offered and if another originally booked room type became available, they should have still honored my "upgrade" offer or at least told me a room had become available. The rooms looked like those on the website which I don't believe were the deluxe rooms. It was outdated and absolutely NO amenities, not even a blowdryer in the room. The rust stain in the tub was big enough to have been there long enough to be reglazed. The sink cabinet door could have been refastened. There was no phone to call the front desk when I couldn't get online with free web access. Was never able to access internet from their low bar access site. The free breakfast coupon was never mentioned at check in and I had to ask and was told we could pick it up in the morning. What bothered me most, and I know this is market price for the area, is that I paid decent money ($330+ for the 2 nights) for this stay for a place that would normally be a roadside $29/night. When I left there, I stayed in a 4 star on the AC boardwalk for less money. The location was good and the staff was always around cleaning the property. Noticed the pool area being washed down at night. Horrible? no. Would I stay again? not likely.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank b00kit123
Rhinebeck, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

For the in and out party town of seaside heights.Its the only place i would recoomend to go with my wife and small children.The staff is nice and they really keep the place clean.They have breakfast coupons .Plus the stores in the surrounding nieborhood are all nice shops.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Newton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We love the Sunrise Motel! Between the excellent, friendly, accommodating staff and the well-kept grounds, the Sunrise Motel is the best place to stay in seaside. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We are always greeted with a happy staff that treats us with the upmost generosity and friendliness. After staying there annually since my younger sister was a toddler, we have always been happily welcomed by the wonderful staff. The pool (and pool area) is very well-kept and we enjoy swimming from the gate's opening, often to the gate's closing. We enjoyed the pizza poolside this year as well as the free full breakfasts. The staff is very accommodating to our family and we enjoy visiting the Sunrise Crew every year.

-Kimberly Jerger and Emily Jerger

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Cherry Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I recently stayed at Sunrise for a brief getaway and was impressed with the rooms, pool and staff. Everyone I dealt with including the office personnel, the owner and the cleaning staff were professional, friendly and accommodating. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Florham Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

My son and his friends stayed there twice so far this summer and the Sunrise was really good to them. My son had to leave during his vacation to catch a bus so he could take an early morning ACT test. I spoke to the owner and he offered to drive my son to the bus station 20 minutes away since he was taking his daughter there as well. How NICE is that! Knowing my son was safe and in good hands is a great feeling and they are so nice and accomodating there. The kids had a great time and the staff is super-kind and so pleasant. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jackie B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Just by pulling up to this hotel you will notice that it is THE nicest place in seaside . The same can be said about the inside , very clean and spacious . The staff members are all very nice , accommodating and generous . I needed two rooms and was offered two rooms right next to each other and an additional parking spot by the owner free of charge . I will definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to everyone I know . I stayed for just one night in the middle of September and I wish I could have stayed longer . I rate it a 5 out of 5 !

• Stayed September 2012