I chose this hotel for a one night stay in Seaside Heights - we were arriving late from NYC, and planning to enjoy the beach the next day. All of this was said to the person I booked the room with on the phone, directly from the motel. I was told during that conversation that breakfast and beach passes are included in every stay for each guest.
On arrival, turns out that the beach pass isn't included once you check out (which is typically 10am)... so we weren't technically allowed to have beach passes. Luckily the person who checked us in gave us a late noon checkout, and the lady in the morning took pity on us and gave us a beach pass - but only until 2pm.
At least they let us park the car until we left, around 4pm. I've got to hand it to them for trying to accommodate us, but it would have been nice to know their policy ahead of time, since it's one of the reasons we chose this place!
It is more expensive than others in the same area... we paid around $160 all in, and others were around $100-$130. The benefit being the beach passes and free breakfast.
Free breakfast is one of four different restaurants we get to choose. We chose Jimmy's, and you got the equivalent of two eggs / home fries or three small french toast, but coffee / drinks weren't included.
The rooms are average. It's nice that they had kitchenettes, but the A/C was incredibly loud (we couldn't keep it on overnight).
It's not a bad place, and the people were nice, but it's a bit pricy for our kind of quick in-and-out stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunrise Motel in Seaside Heights is owned and operated by the Loundy family, who have been welcoming vacationers to the Jersey Shore since 1932. The motel features efficiency suites and luxury suites, accommodating couples and families up to 6 people per room! Our efficiency suites have 2 double beds, a sofa-bed or futon, and a kitchenette. Our luxury suites have 2 queen beds, a full kitchen, bath with jacuzzi tub, and living room with sofa-bed or futon. We are located less than a block from the boardwalk for easy access to the beach, rides, games, and amusements. Our property features a beautiful pool, expansive 150 foot sundeck, free WI-FI, free parking, BBQ grills, and cable TV in each room. All of our rooms are non-smoking, but smoking is permitted in all outdoor areas. During the summer season we also include 2 free badges with each room and free breakfast each morning at a choice of two local restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Sunrise Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Hotel Seaside Heights
- Sunrise Motel Seaside Heights, NJ - Jersey Shore