“GROSS”
Review of Sunset Motel

Sunset Motel
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Filthy, smelly, had to pay for a remote for the tv, reeked of cigarette smoke, stained dirty toilet, pathetically thin towels and wash cloths,need I go on? Cheap rate in comparison to others in the area? Absolutely...you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 June 2011

Me and my friends came here for prom , the owners were very kind and helpful. They let us do our own thing and did not bother us. The room was not to bad for the price. If you dont cause much disruption and wear your wrist bands you wont be bothered. I had a good time and would go back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank luciarose
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Six of us were here for labor day weekend and after reading reviews we were nervous for what we would encounter. When we got here they didn't have our reservations but we were accommodated quickly and were given a room before the check in time. Our room was a standard cheap motel room with two beds a pull out couch and kitchenette. I went to check for bed bugs and found the mattresses were wrapped in plastic and the sheets were clean. The service was awesome, the owners wife brought us up a bag for recycling and told us about the continental breakfast and said we could come get more towels whenever we wanted. It was a two minute walk from the beach and a one minute walk from club karma. We would definitly recommend this hotel to anyone and would come back again.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank oliviakool
Reviewed 21 August 2010

let me start by the service is horrible and none existant me and a few friends stayed here and from the moment we got there the management was continuosly harrassin us at one point they knocked to say there was a noise complaint as i was gettin ready to leave for the night mind you i was alone in the room makin no noise then if thats not bad enough the rooms were disguisting we found a used bra and used condoms in the rooms stains in the sheets carpet and bathroom was gross they even had the gusto to say the sheets were brand new when i asked them from where he bought these "new" sheets he kicked me outta the office well to conclude this ......DONT STAY HERE ITS GROSS AND THE SERVICE IT HORRIBLE SPEND THE EXTRA 15 BUX STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE AND ACTUALLY ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND

2  Thank cpskater
Reviewed 11 July 2010

staying at this motel had to be the worst experience at seaside heights i have ever had. to begin when i first arrived they demanded that every person staying in each room is required to wear wrist bands. they did not make it clear that absolutely everyone without a wrist band is not allowed on the property. i had two friends that were staying in a different hotel stop by and the crazy owner went upstairs and knocked on the door and demanded them to leave because they did not have wrist bands. i discovered at night that they even went as far as having a rent a cop sit outside and check everyones bands. my other friend went to get a room there and they made her pay twice as much than we did for a two bedroom hotel room and said that they could not have more than two people stay in there when the occupancy clearly said six people were allowed. we were kicked out from the room when the owner saw that one of our friends stopped by for literally five minutes before we were going to go out and we were denied of any refunds. they even charged some other friends who were staying there twenty dollars extra a piece for each wrist band. this place was the most utterly revolting hotel i have ever entered in my entire life. the lady who stayed next to me told me she got bed bugs from staying there. the owners are awful humans beings who's entire plan is to rip all of there customers off. it is most likely that they were feeding their meth habbit with the money that they stole from me and my friend. i hope that no one has to ever go through this experience because i have never felt this unwelcomed at a motel in my life. IF YOU HAVE ANY BRAIN AT ALL DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank gillybearsss
Reviewed 1 July 2010

The place was unclean and smelly. Their was actually crap in the tolet and was blocked so I coudn't flush it. The man at the desk wearing some cowboy attire was beyond rude and said take it or leave it. We traveled for 8 hrs because I wanted to show my children the place I hung out as a kid. The final straw was a dead rodent under the bed. NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I GO NEAR THAT MOTEL OR SEASIDE HEIGHTS!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank STEELERS45
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We made our reservation but they were one of the few to take 6 people so we agreed to t he high price of stay. When we got there the price was higher and they told us there was a mistake. The room was filty and smelly. The refridge was missing the handle and stains were on carpet and the bed sheets. My son almost puked when we went into the bathroom. The next room was just as bad so we demanded our money back. Stayed in a hotel a few miles away and went to Wildwood Beach the next day. The price there was half the price and hotel on on the boardwalk. NEVER EVER GO TO THIS MOTEL AND WARN OTHERS - RUDE, INCONCIDERATE AND REFUSED TO REFUND DEPOSITE.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family