“If you want a RUINED TRIP/VACATION STAY AT SUNSET”
Review of Sunset Motel

Sunset Motel
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 11 August 2008

1. The people are disgusting and don't care about you're stay AT ALL.
2. The rates are HORRIBLE for any holiday
3. DO NOT TRUST THE WEB SITE. The info is false..they charge $20 for extra people and dont allow more than 4 in a room.
We had 6 people which is the max occupancy and were ready to pay the extra $30 (15 each) and they denied my guests...we were stuck outside, in the rain, until they called the owner and charged us each $20 at 2 AM..we were waiting for 3 hours.
4. THE ROOMS ARE GROSS - mold, dirt, and dead bugs are common. You will feel disgusting when you walk in there. The appliances dont work at all so don't get excited.
5. I felt like I was staying in a crack house.

Conclusion:
The rooms are disgusting. The rates are horrible. Nothing works. The people are unkind and have major issues. SAVE YOUR BEACH VACATION AND STAY AWAY FROM SUNSET!!

Suggestion: Bay Breeze motel is nice and the owners are kind.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 August 2008

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF TRASH.
Don't make the mistake i made by getting this confused with Sunrise Motel. It is a low life motel which was the most disgusting place i've stayed in MY LIFE. The only thing missing were roaches & rats. After leaving here i looked at the Sunrise Motel & was literally kicking myself in the butt & was agravated that i confused the 2. I was afraid to leave my laptop in the room for fear of it being ripped off. Trip Advisor should ban them from the list of places to stay. I will try to unload pics from my cellphone to post if I can of the filthy bathtub & dirty stove. the bathroom sink still had manufacturers sticker on it.

ps
great place to send your ex-spouse, hated in-laws or mortal enemies.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2008

i stayed there for a week. the people who ran the office were rude dirty and disgusting. the rooms were dirty and bug infected.
no housekeeping. motel filled with drug addicts.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Ever since my daughter was 6 months we have been going on "family" vasations... first we went to cape cod - and that had absolutly nothing to do- a very relaxing beach vaca. So then the next year we decided to go to Wildwood, NJ that was nice but there was such a far walk from the top of the sand to the water (and with sand toys a 1.5 year old and all our gear- it was not practical) So then the next year we decided to go to Seaside heights. I did a lot of research on different hotels because the last thing I needed was a discusting hotel for 1 week with a 2 year old) So I found the Sunset hotel- from the first contact on the phone they were very accomodating. When we arrived we were very early for the check in- we got to talking to the owner and he was so "real" and polite he got us right into our room. (pretty good considering it was peak season in the summer) The room was very clean and didn't smell! Everyday we were greeted by all the employees and management- asking us if we needed anything and if we did they were right there. (better service than the all-inclusive palace resorts in cancun!) So ever since we have went back to that hotel. It is right across from a night club- but we loved it because when my daughter went down to sleep at night we sat out on the balcony and people watched. I heard some peopel complain about the noise- when the door was shut we did not hear it.

One more quick point my sister went to seaside the same time as us but she found a hotel that was cheeper- she spent the majority of the time at our hotel.... her hotel room smelled like awful cleaner, air condiditon leaked and pool was dirty...So I guess you get what you pay for.... and to be honest it wasn't that much cheaper because we got breakfast coupons every morning and they did not.....

so if you have any questions about this place email me: sdmr41@yahoo.com

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank jguy1103
Reviewed 13 August 2007

My friends and I wanted to spend a weekend in Seaside for cheap. We got the room here for about 45 a night which is great, except we really got what we payed for. within a few minutes of being in the room we noticed a used condom right next to the nightstand yes i repeat a used condom just laying there. the toilet could barely flush and got clogged about 3 times. dead flies were scattered on top of the "stove" if thats what you want to call it. i highly recommend spending the few extra bucks and making sure your staying at a decent place.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank DDsyr
Reviewed 1 May 2007

The Sunset Motel in Seaside Heights, NJ was amazing. I stayed here twice, once in summer of 2006, and recently at April 2007. Both times i stayed i got great rates, services, and the rooms were very clean and roomy. There are minor down sides to the motel, but hey it a motel in Seaside heights, what can one expect. Ive stayed at motels and hotel of all kinds and i think this is among my top. One should definetly consider staying at the motel.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
#16 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Belmont Motel
Belmont Motel
#20 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!