Sunset Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hershey Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$114
  • Pool
Mark III Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$58
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Buoy 16 Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$136
US$116
Anchor Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$62
US$60
Bay Breeze Motel(Seaside Heights)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$91
Belmont Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Sunrise Motel(Seaside Heights)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$79
Palm Villa Suites Hotel(Seaside Heights)
US$88
Hotwire.com
Franklin Terrace Motel(Seaside Heights)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We made our reservation but they were one of the few to take 6 people so we agreed to t he high price of stay. When we got there the price was higher and they told us there was a mistake. The room was filty and smelly. The refridge was missing the handle and stains were on carpet and the bed sheets. My son almost puked when we went into the bathroom. The next room was just as bad so we demanded our money back. Stayed in a hotel a few miles away and went to Wildwood Beach the next day. The price there was half the price and hotel on on the boardwalk. NEVER EVER GO TO THIS MOTEL AND WARN OTHERS - RUDE, INCONCIDERATE AND REFUSED TO REFUND DEPOSITE.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ABCCOMP1
Reviewed 3 June 2010

This was the worst hotel in Seaside. I know you dont expect much staying in Seaside, but this crossed the line. The people who work there are meth addicts and are DISGUSTING. the maid DEMANDED tips from my room- which we did NOT leave because she gave us a problem when we asked her for towels, and she NEVER cleaned our room. After checking out, everyone in the hotel was overcharged $100. The owner of the hotel thought he could get away with it because everyone came from up north for Memorial Day Weekend. Luckily, I live close so I went to get my money back, and they wouldnt give it to me, so i had to go with my father and have him yell at them to give me my money back. Then it appeared that they did that to all the guests staying that weekend because there were other papers out and phone calls about it. My friend got bedlice from the beds. It smells disgusting. Everyone in the rooms got sick. It says there is a KITCHENETTE-----IT DOESNT EVEN WORK AND WE HAVE TO SIGN A PAPER TO NOT USE IT. SO WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING A KITCHENETTE. please stay away at all costs. Paying more at other hotels will definately be worth it.

ALSO- there was never enough parking in the parking lot! because there were more rooms than parking spots.
- the boss would have his sons girlfriend take up parking spots and they did not care about the guests having no parking

this is the worst place in seaside.

im 20 years old not an adult saying this. if your coming for prom weekend. memorial day weekend. ITS NOT EVEN WORTH IT FOR THAT.

this hotel is suitable for meth/crack addicts that dont mind catching bedlice, and probaly have no car so dont care about no parking

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2008

1. The people are disgusting and don't care about you're stay AT ALL.
2. The rates are HORRIBLE for any holiday
3. DO NOT TRUST THE WEB SITE. The info is false..they charge $20 for extra people and dont allow more than 4 in a room.
We had 6 people which is the max occupancy and were ready to pay the extra $30 (15 each) and they denied my guests...we were stuck outside, in the rain, until they called the owner and charged us each $20 at 2 AM..we were waiting for 3 hours.
4. THE ROOMS ARE GROSS - mold, dirt, and dead bugs are common. You will feel disgusting when you walk in there. The appliances dont work at all so don't get excited.
5. I felt like I was staying in a crack house.

Conclusion:
The rooms are disgusting. The rates are horrible. Nothing works. The people are unkind and have major issues. SAVE YOUR BEACH VACATION AND STAY AWAY FROM SUNSET!!

Suggestion: Bay Breeze motel is nice and the owners are kind.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2008

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF TRASH.
Don't make the mistake i made by getting this confused with Sunrise Motel. It is a low life motel which was the most disgusting place i've stayed in MY LIFE. The only thing missing were roaches & rats. After leaving here i looked at the Sunrise Motel & was literally kicking myself in the butt & was agravated that i confused the 2. I was afraid to leave my laptop in the room for fear of it being ripped off. Trip Advisor should ban them from the list of places to stay. I will try to unload pics from my cellphone to post if I can of the filthy bathtub & dirty stove. the bathroom sink still had manufacturers sticker on it.

ps
great place to send your ex-spouse, hated in-laws or mortal enemies.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2008

i stayed there for a week. the people who ran the office were rude dirty and disgusting. the rooms were dirty and bug infected.
no housekeeping. motel filled with drug addicts.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family