“Disgusting!!!!!!”

Surfside Motel
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Cheshire, CT
Reviewed 18 July 2005

The place is beyond awful! My son and I wouldnt even take our shoes off the entire time we were there...the floor the smell.......I would even go so far as to say it is unhealthy........The mattresses were so bad we didnt even pull the sheets down.........They use the "Apprentice" on their website to pull you in, but the room we were in hasnt been updated in years or cleaned for that matter.....The shower curtain in the bathroom was full of mold....there was no sign of house keeping at all....it is a shame the place has a great location and can be a really nice place if they cared enough about it or even repeat business......some new flooring, new mattresses and some creativity could make this place shine, but for now stay away......I dont think Mr Trump wouldnt stay here when he was broke!!! I feel like it was a real bate and switch....If it wasnt a no refund policy (they already charged my card) I would have left immediately. They should be ashamed of themselves.........

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Surfside Motel

Reviewed 27 June 2005

We checked in for a long week-end this past week-end...the rooms are small and do smell musty (bring an airfreshener) But it was a pretty good place for the money. There is no daily maid service but you just have to ask for clean towels and extra toilet paper etc.. the staff is very accomodating and friendly. They are trying hard to clean the place up and their effort shows. Police are stationed at the front desk on week-ends providing for a safe environment and no riff raff. The pool was immaculate and very enjoyable. The room also comes with a free breakfast at the whistle stop cafe..you only have to pay for drinks...a simple but good meal. I would reccomend this place as it can only get better with the hard working staff I saw this week-end.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank trublu62
Allentown, PA
Reviewed 31 May 2005

We got a room here because the place looked cute from the outside... Bright colors, nice pool, etc. Well, we walked inside and wanted to vomet. It was the most disgusting hotel room I have ever seen in my life. The floors were disgusting, the bedding was gross, the bathroom was extremely dirty. I would not stay there if someone paid me. We left immediately. Later that week, we were talking to a waiter at a restaurant who grew up in Toms River and he laughed at our story. He couldnt believe that we even went in there. He told us it's the worst hotel in seaside, and he had only ever gone there for prom parties in high school! So stay away!

• Stayed: July 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
new york
Reviewed 8 March 2005

I just stayed at the surfside Motel and all the rooms have been done
for the 2005 season . The rooms have been all freshly painted with new fixtures and equipment I suggest you do not wait to make your reservation
for this spring and summer . The free breakfast was great at their Oceanview restaurant

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 February 2005

The problem with the Jersey Shore is that almost all of the hotels on the beach are "Mom and Pop" operations. This place is no exception. My wife and I stayed overnight here on a whim when we went to Seaside Heights for a weekend with no reservations. Our room needed a lot of work and it was no where near worth the money they charged. The bed was uncomfortable and I have seen dorimitory rooms that were nicer. The pool area was crowded and loud even late into the night. The only good thing was the location on the boardwalk. Save your money!

6  Thank timman19
Union City, NJ
Reviewed 22 December 2004

I payed the hotel to stay for four nights, five days. We had a party and got kicked out the second night. We didn't get our money back which really sucked. Overall it is a great party Hotel but it has its limits so go to another Motel.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Magnolia, Del
Reviewed 19 July 2004

Not Bad for location.......

I've been staying at this hotel for many years and can say now days the place is a dump ,but for where it is located you cant find a lower price hotel that close to the boards, the place was keep up well when parents had it , but Son took over and only intested in money...

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member