“Ewwww....Dirty! Questionable stains everywhere!!”
Review of Surfside Motel

Surfside Motel
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Clermont, Forida
Reviewed 6 July 2006

Om My Gosh, where to begin...My husband called the hotel for information before booking. He was told that the hotel had been recently renovated. We booked months before our stay. We flew into Newark, so we had quite a ride to seaside. Once we got there it was around 3AM. We checked in, woke the children up, dragged 7 suitcases into the room...

I was HORRIFIED by the sight and the smell of this room. It smelled of Gas from the stove, that almost made me throw-up. The beds were sunken down in the middle, the bedding was tattered, old and smelly. The refrigerator was a "Disani" water cooler that you'd find at a convenience store, but the bottom (Motor/Parts) was exposed! Ewwwwww!!! The carpet and the sofa had many questionable stains on them......Eeeek!

We packed up the kids and traveled 40 minutes to find another hotel. We ended up at a National Chain hotel, and paid dearly for it. Needless to say, after seeing the Surfside Motel, it was worth every penny of the cost.

I'm on my laptop right now, so I can't add the photos...Oh yes, I took plenty of photos! I needed proof. My friends and family couldn't believe the "refrigerator" or the Beds...

One friend said that it looks like it should be "rented by the hour"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 26 June 2006

A last minuit decision to stay after a vacation plan to stay with another family in a cottage went wrong. My children and I were suppose to stay with family at a cottage that they had booked. plenty of room for all is what we were told. I can't explain how horrid this cottage was but that is for another write upl..but keeping to the story this hotel sat across from the dump that we were presented with, my son 10 year old son pleaded with me to check if they had any rooms for our stay. This was the best motel that was in sight. It is very close to the boardwalk and the pool located in from was very inviting. Upon checking in the older man at the desk was very accomadating, frendily and charming. Gave me a key and made me look at the room before I gave an okay. The place is dated but it was clean, smelt like ajax when I entered (which at this point isn't a bad thing) . It isn't the PALACE. There was a stove and a refridgerator in the room with two double beds and a pull out couch, nothing fancy. Breakfast is included coupons are given for a cute boardwalk resturant across the road. For the money I can't complain. It is all what you make out of it. There is far worse places in Seaside that you can be stuck at. This place was a life savior for me. Plenty of parking and agian I can't stress how nice hotel office staff was.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Joychristine10
New Jersy
Reviewed 31 May 2006

My friends and I spent Memorial Day weekend at the Surfside Motel. We had a really great time. The rooms were very nice and the pool was well fun.. This weekend was very busy at the motel I don't think they had any vacancy all weekend but everything at the motel ran smoothly. The security at the motel was great even though the town was packed. I think we got a good deal on our weekend rate and it even included free breakfast each day. My friends and I will defintly go back again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philidelphia
Reviewed 4 February 2006

Absolutely positively repulsive. When we walked into the room the one bed wasn't even made, the shower had hair in it by the drain, the rug had black stains all over it( it looked like a meteorite stuck and left ashy holes). However, best of all there was holes the size of a newborn baby's head on either side of the air conditioning . As a result at night we would be lulled to sleep by a horrid draft aka a sticky breeze. This was a great peep hole attraction for other guests.Also because the bed linens, I mean rags were dirty ( felt sandy and slimy) we covered the bed with our sleeping bags .
Night at the surfside- approx $100 a night
Security deposit at the surfside- $50
This information I gave you about the sleasy surfside- priceless

• Stayed: June 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 January 2006

I have never stayed in a more FILTHY Eff. Apt. They have a (2) burner Electric stove and A refrig. that will hold a dozen egg's and a gallon of milk. No microwave, pots pans, dishes, spoons, fork's NOTHING !The carpet was FILTHY and SMELLED. The beds were stained with URINE and PERIOD BLOOD.The couch and chairs were so filthy I had to put towels (that were also stained) over them before we sat down. Stay away from this place. It should be CONDEMED !

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank gks1040
Conn
Reviewed 13 August 2005

Go somewhere else. My hunsband and I are only 24 and not very picky at all. We were looking for a cheap place to stay but this place was awful. I cannot beleive that they actually have people stay there. They do have a couple rooms that were renivated on the apprentice but if you watched the episode you would know that there are roaches. I am serious there are roaches. In the first room they showed us the air conditioner had no cover and was duct taped, the dresser drawers did not have faces, and it was filthy. They showed us 2 other rooms that were in pretty much the same condition. We met up with some other people who were attempting to stay there and they were other their 4th room. Needless to stay both groups went elsewhere. The owner is very used to people walking out and he did not charge us. Unless you are a group of young guys looking for a place to get waisted and not get charged if one of you buddies do some damage I stongly recomend not staying here.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 July 2005

I was SO afraid to Stay Here after reading the Reviews! SO...I booked One night last week, Just to check things out. I can Honestly say it was Not that Bad! I have a Full week Booked here in August, and after reading the Reviews I considered Cancelling our stay. After staying one night last week, I am content with staying there for Our week next month. The staff as well as the other Vacationers were so Nice and Friendly. It is a very Active place. There were alot of Families, Grandparents, Parents and Children. The Pool is WONDERFUL and they let you swim in the Evening. ALOT of Hotels do not allow that. The rooms were just about as average as I have seen at any Shore resort across the Country. I myself always pack extra Towels and Toiletries, especially for a week long stay. The only thing that I would say is to Bring your own Toiletries, Some extra Towels and Pillows and Blankets to feel Comfy Cozy. I know I am kinda weird with other peoples Sheets and Blankets. If that is something that is a Concern to you, Bring your Own. TRY to ignore some of the Critism in the other posts, Honest, It is not that Bad or I certainly would have cancelled my Week. Relax, and Enjoy your stay at the Surfside. Sincerely, Michele

• Stayed: July 2005