“decent food”

Description: on the corner of Kearney Ave. & Boardwalk
Plymouth, Pennsylvania
“decent food”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Split a large dog with my husband. Not bad. got a coupon from Lucky's arcade for a large dog and soda.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Jennifer K

New Jersey
“Great food.”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Stopped here as critical storm approaching. All hectic on the boardwalk...Chef took my order, exactly as I asked and packed it to go as I requested in a quick manner. Food was great quality and very tasty.... Chef was disappointed in lack of "bread" supplies.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank NewJerseybandit
Orlando, Florida
“Pleasant suprise on the boardwalk”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

What memories are brought back walking the boardwalk of Seaside NJ, a place where my family would go to take day trips when I was growing up. A lot of things have changed since those days on the boards. Back then seaside was not as popular as it is today. Sure it had its beach that was always packed with people. The rides on the piers were pleasing kids of all sizes just as they are today. Since those days, MTV brought the shore houses in the 90's and The Jersey Shore show is in town now, which has brought a whole lot of changes to the small beach resort. Depending on who you ask those changes can be considered good or bad.

Upon my resent visit to Seaside I saw a mixture of both old and new. One thing is for sure though, the town is definitely striving in a time where traveling and entertainment budgets are tight. One of those that are new to the area and making great food is Bubba's Dog House. Located on the boardwalk's north end right next to the world famous Jersey Shore house, it gets plenty of foot traffic from the tourist trying to get a picture of Snooki or J-wow. I actually had no idea the place existed before I happened to stumble by it on my way back down the boardwalk to my car.

I have been craving a specialty hot dog since the last time I was in Providence and had one of Spike's. After studying the menu for awhile I finally settled upon what is called a Big Blue Dog. It is a simple foot long hot dog topped with bacon, blue cheese, and BBQ sauce. I really don't know how to describe how good this dog tasted. I being the lover of sauce that I requested extra to satisfy my craving. The blue cheese is an acquired taste and can make or break anything you use it with. If too much is present then you overpower the taste of just about everything else. On the other hand, too little just teases you with the taste. Bubba has seemed to find just the right amount that he needs. It blends perfectly with the sauce and bacon to complete this great dog.

I love finding places that are willing to go out of the norm when it comes to hotdogs. Don't get me wrong, the classic with mustard, ketchup, relish or kraut is great, but a little adventure never hurt anyone. Bubba, please keep up the good work and come up with some other creations for those who are brave enough to try. So if you find yourself fighting to walk down the boardwalk in Seaside this summer. Know that there is a hot dog Mecca at the end of it, and Bubba's is definitely fat kid tested fat kid approved.

As always Stay peckish my friends

• Visited June 2012