“Not Bad At All”

Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Beacon, New York
“Not Bad At All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We were on the beach when I got a call from the owner telling me my room was ready 3 hours early and we could check in. We got to the office and the man was very friendly and made us feel comfortable. Our room was not bad at all a standard king size bed and we also had a perfect view of the jersey shore house from our window. The pool was clean and I felt safe parking my car there and staying there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

My family and I came to seaside heights just to see what the hype was about the jersey shore and everything. The Four Winds was the first motel we ran into and it looked ok. They had vacancy so we went in and got a room. We had absolutely no problem at all with the front desk people, they were actually pretty friendly. The pool was clean and nice. The beds weren't too comfortable but it was fine just for 1 night. The location is really great to get to the beach and the boardwalk.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank beaches911
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

we walked into the office and were met by an nasty man behind the desk who began to argue with us over the rate of the room. Not only did he try to charge us $200 more than the quotes price but would not accept my parties military discount that we were quoted. After 10 minutes of him screaming at us, his chewing tobacco flying every where, he told us that he was kicking us out and would not refund our deposits. Also the maintenance man got in my finance's face. She is 5'1" and not even 100 pounds telling her that if we don't leave now he will make sure we all get a quick ride in an ambulance. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank jabs7

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

As I argued with the desk attendant on the price for the room where I was getting charged above the listed price, a rude and disgusting employee questioned my stay and called me a liar with the amount of people I was staying with. Then as I walked into the room I knew right then and there that if I stayed any longer I might get some type of illness or disease. The only good thing I can possibly say about this horrible place is that I was able to get my money back 15 minutes after I checked in. Please do not ever stay here, for your sake.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Explorer743
Glen Gardner, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

i think Jim the so called maintenance guy wrote the review below this one, he was the biggest scumbag that i ever had to deal with , he yelled at my son daily( we stayed for a week).. he also pushed him and we had to have the police come, of course he denied it....other then the maintenance jerk off the owners are rude and speak broken English, so its hard to understand them...or they just didn't want to hear the air conditioning leaked and just about flooded the room during the night filling up my suit case with water.....stay somewhere else, lots of nice places in that area

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank tuesday03
Gansevoort, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Over all the place isn't too bad, for the price. The rooms are a little dated, the beds are not very comfortable. However, the location is great, the staff is incredible, right down to the maintaince man, Jim. Sun deck is pleasurable, we had the room that opened onto the sun deck, good location.......Pool is nice, plenty of parking. Good luck, I was really worried about the place, but, does anyone ever take the time to write a review if it was a worthwhile experience? Don't always believe what you read in all the bad reviews, just enjoy your vacation!

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Hauppauge, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

save yourself the pain and stay away no matter what the price. my shower had mold so disgusting in it i was tempted not to use it in 90 degree weather. the service was terrible i did not have a maid come to the room at any point. the manager gave me a hard time trying to check in basically just because he barely speaks English. there were cigarettes and band aids in the pool. the only positive was the location almost on the boardwalk but i have stayed in nicer places on the boardwalk in seaside for less. also i can guarantee the positive reviews on here about the service on this website were planted by their son that worked there(because hes the only one who knew how to speak English). this place sucks id rather sleep on the sidewalk

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple