Hotel Charlee Villas by the Beach (Former Palm Villa)
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Chicago, Illinois
“Do NOT stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

This hotel was awful. Dirty, smelly, outdated and barely furnished. No phone to call the front office. Mini fridge wasn't plugged in when we got there. Power went out approx 9pm and no one from the front desk checked on us or gave us any information. When I walked down to check on the situation (power was out in the whole hotel) the manager/front desk person informed me, through puffs of his cigarette, that he didn't know what was going on and wouldn't be calling anyone to find out. There were no hooks or shelves in the bathroom, so when changing/ brushing teeth/ etc you have to put all of your things on the floor!

Here's the real kicker...when leaving I found men's beard/moustache trimmings on the edge of the sink. I was staying in the room with my sister-so this bathroom was clearly not cleaned. I can only imagine what other disgusting things lie in this room. DO NOT STAY HERE! Do not waste your money- it's a dirty dump.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Cyndi R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

The staff at the hotel was amazing!!!! room was clean and comfortable enough for 7 of us.... 3 adults and 4 kids for 2 nights..there was a store in the hotel with very good prices (kids loved the $1.20 slushies they sold same ones 1/2 block away on the boardwalk for $4.) very close to casino pier and the beach never a worry in my mind walking around with the children at night . We will be staying for a week next summer =)

Room Tip: Wi-fi does not reach all the rooms call before you stay if it is important also the pool is small bu...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I traveled for two nights with my husband and 3 yo daughter. Room was ready @ 2:00pm check in as promised. The Staff was friendly and knew what they were doing. We were promised a queen bed (I am 110% sure it was only a Full size) and a pull out couch bed for my Daughter. Room was efficient and clean. There were no extra frills (closets, phone, hair dryers) but this is a party town and can understand how these items can go missing. The air conditioner was AWESOMELY COLD (hottest weekend of the year at 100+ degrees) There was a VERY small pool.. It was cold and Clean and worked well for my 3 year old who does not swim on her own yet. We only have two complaints about the room. (1) There was a large sky light in the middle of our room and that DOES NOT work in trying to get a 3 yo nap or sleep in. Our solution: The couch cushions that are taken off the couch for the pull out bed wedge PERFECTLY in the skylight to block any unwanted light. (2) complaint was the WIFI that was promised for our room did not reach/work in our room. I needed to get some work done and was relying on this feature. You had to sit in the stale hallway to get any kind of weak signal and when it is over 95 degrees at 9:00pm it really does not make for a good evening.

Room Tip: The couch cushions fit perfectally in the skylight to block out sun!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank syoung0413
ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We visited Seaside Heights from June 24 to june 27. This is a very small hotel which made us feel comfortable there quickly. I had some problems checking in due to expedia's failure to do their job. I was really nervous when this happened but the 2 ladys who work the fron desk were amazing and made it a smooth process. The hotel doesnt have a phone or a blow dryer so expect this when you go. The reason is that it is a party town and people damage these things very frequently. The hotel was a 5 minute walk from the boardwalk and the beach. It is also a 3 minute walk from a 24 hour 7-11 which was convenient for us. If you want to go out, you are about 6 blocks from the two big clubs Karma and Bamboo. The people at this hotelmwere so amazing. We couldnt ask for a better experience! Expect what you are getting. This is a beach motel. It is not the hilton. If you go with an open mind you will have a fantastic experience! Thanks to the staff at the Palm Villa Suites! We willnsee you next summer !!

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank lindsayarmstrong1
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

So to start, non smoking room, reeked of old cigs. Every surface had a burn mark from a cigarette. The best was the toe or fingernail on the rug that wasn't ours. The were no curtains and right side our window was the lit motel sign. Therefore, even when it was dark it wasn't. The room was super dated. It was just gross. The front desk psrson didn't know about the wifi or the beach passes. And I just got my credit card bill and was charged, adter the fact a weird 8.00, for what, I have no idea.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Treerich

Travellers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

Recently returned from a two night stay here, after reading many reviews of Seaside's motels. It greatly exceeded my expectations!

First, let me say- you are going to a beach, party-oriented town that's a lot of fun even if you're not a teenager or an MTV guido freak (I'm not.) But DON'T EXPECT THE RITZ AND YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! Beach motels offer a certain product and Palm delivers.

My room was comfortable and super clean, with a nice flatscreen TV and air conditioning that worked overtime. The bathroom was small but clean and functional. The smaller front room had a pullout bed, small fridge and microwave.

The front desk people were very nice and there's a deli/convenience store on premises. Beach passes were included with my stay.

The location was excellent! Two minute walk to the boardwalk (and the MTV house) or to the bars and restaurants on boulevard.

The only drawback is that our linens were not changed, although I think I missed maid service, and they didn't come back. So that's my fault too.

Overall it was a great stay in Seaside Heights and I'd definitely come back here.

• Stayed August 2010
4 Thank johnciii
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

awesome time spent with family and friends at a family reunion that we have done here for 10 years. We set up a tent in the parking lot and party all weekend long! Clean, very friendly, and loyal to their returning customers. Close to all nearby attractions.... Would highly recommend this establishment!!

• Stayed October 2009