“DO NOT GO THERE”
Review of Sea Palace Motel

Sea Palace Motel
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 1 August 2011

its one of the worst motel ever...very rude staff and an extremely small swimming pool...don't let the internet pictures fool you..i don't understand the positives reviews what are these people thinking ..dirty rooms...my advise to everyone ...DO NOT GO THERE If you have children...the manager Ray has charged a guest more money than what Expedia has already charged the guest and the reason was ...that's the way it is....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank any2225

Reviewed 7 July 2011

This place is absolutely disgusting! I don't understand previous positive reviews, my only assumption is maybe "the inn" (first building) is nicer than the motel. I stayed @ the motel, my sheets were dirty and the comforter and box spring were covered by some red sticky beverage. The floor was very sticky and when I stepped on a wet towel it left a black foot print from walking around barefoot. My washcloth was a cleaning rag that was stained with black. They do not enforce quiet time@10 like they imply, there were very loud drunk people outside my room @ 2 am and no phone in the room to call the front desk. I've never left a hotel in fear of catching a fungus or disease from the room like I do after leaving this place. So gross! The staff was somewhat friendly on a positive note.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank MilColorado
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My boyfriend and I have been staying with this hotel for the past couple of years. Great, friendly staff, cute clean rooms with full baths, small fridge and microwave, and a little area with a mirror a long desk and two comfy chairs. Seaside Heights is about outdoor fun, and not about glitz and glam in the rooms... You won't find ANY motel/hotel down here that offers what the Ritz Carlton does! Trust me, I've stayed in some of the nicest hotels that offer everything and anything totally first class but not when we come to Saside bc Seaside is not about that!! If you want everything exclusive go down to Gurneys Inn in Montauk, NY (The Hamptons). We're going back to Sea palace the end of July 2011 (next month) and we can't wait to stay with them again! We always look forward to our visit to the Jersey Shore and staying at the Sea Palace!

Room Tip: cute, clean, friendly staff, LOCATION!!
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2010

From the outside when we pulled up the place looked great, typical seaside, shore type motel with 4 floors. I booked it on another travel site which gave it mid range reviews for mid priced location and that's exactly what we were looking for.

At check in the desk manager was friendly enough and when I asked if they had sea view rooms he said no but checked if there was anything overlooking the bay and we were upgraded to the top floor. We got to the room to discover stains on the carpet, stains on the bedspread, no towels and a completely empty roll of toilet paper. Cardboard still on the holder.

While my husband went to do half of housekeeping's job I did the rest and cleaned the trash out of the nightstand and desk. The following morning my husband went to check on the alleged free wi-fi access at 11AM and the office was locked & dark. I mentioned to him that it would be tough to check out at 10AM.

The location was great, we wanted boardwalk and beach and that's what we got, but the door to our room (even locked & dead bolted) swung back and forth in the slightest breeze and that kept me up at night.

After 2 nights we went to check out, again front door locked & dark inside. Their sign says 10AM and something about extra money required so we rang the bell because we were definitely checking out on time. Nothing. Rang again. 5 minutes later the manager came to the door in shorts and bed head. We said we're checking out and he said 'fine' then went to close the door. He swung it back open then said 'give me the keys' and stuck his hand out. Then he flipped the mail slot up and down and said 'you just leave the keys here' laughed at us and slammed the door.

Don't you usually have to sign something at check out? Don't you usually get a receipt? I will be watching my bank balance to make sure they don't try to charge us for anything extra because reading these reviews I wish I came here first. Rude, dirty and sketchy.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenn F
Reviewed 26 July 2010

It's hard to gauge the motels at Seaside because of the mixed reviews, but I am so happy that I went with the Sea Palace. It was clean, affordable, and close to the boardwalk. I think people have their expecations set too high for motels, that is why they leave such negative reviews. I would definitely stay here again the next time I got to Seaside.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2010

The Sea Palace Motel is not a palace by any means but it was sufficient for our purposes. It is in a great location. A block and a half away from the beach and boardwalk. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance. The gentlemen working the front desk did have thick accents and were hard to understand but helpful with all the questions I had. Definitely a younger crowd at this hotel and I would recommend it for anyone looking for a place to stay close to the beach/boardwalk.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2008

I never write these kinds of reviews, but in this case I felt like some of the prior writeups were unduly harsh.

My boyfriend and I booked a night's stay at the Sea Palace at the last minute, mostly because nothing else was available on such late notice. I was apprehensive, but needn't have worried.

Sure, there are basically no amenities--no continental breakfast (this seems to have gone out with the old management) and there weren't even cups in the room--but our room was very clean and not alarming or skeevy in any way, which is pretty much all we were hoping for. This is a motel, after all! The man working the desk was super-nice and very eager to make our stay a pleasant one.

The TV worked fine, the linens were clean, and the place wasn't overly noisy. It was very close to the boardwalk and beach, and in general a decent place to crash--so long as you're not expecting too much!

• Stayed: August 2008