“Awesome! Better Than I Expected!”
Review of Sea Palace Motel

Sea Palace Motel
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Highland, New York
“Awesome! Better Than I Expected!”
Reviewed 26 July 2010

It's hard to gauge the motels at Seaside because of the mixed reviews, but I am so happy that I went with the Sea Palace. It was clean, affordable, and close to the boardwalk. I think people have their expecations set too high for motels, that is why they leave such negative reviews. I would definitely stay here again the next time I got to Seaside.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2010

The Sea Palace Motel is not a palace by any means but it was sufficient for our purposes. It is in a great location. A block and a half away from the beach and boardwalk. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance. The gentlemen working the front desk did have thick accents and were hard to understand but helpful with all the questions I had. Definitely a younger crowd at this hotel and I would recommend it for anyone looking for a place to stay close to the beach/boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
new york, ny
Reviewed 30 August 2008

I never write these kinds of reviews, but in this case I felt like some of the prior writeups were unduly harsh.

My boyfriend and I booked a night's stay at the Sea Palace at the last minute, mostly because nothing else was available on such late notice. I was apprehensive, but needn't have worried.

Sure, there are basically no amenities--no continental breakfast (this seems to have gone out with the old management) and there weren't even cups in the room--but our room was very clean and not alarming or skeevy in any way, which is pretty much all we were hoping for. This is a motel, after all! The man working the desk was super-nice and very eager to make our stay a pleasant one.

The TV worked fine, the linens were clean, and the place wasn't overly noisy. It was very close to the boardwalk and beach, and in general a decent place to crash--so long as you're not expecting too much!

• Stayed August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
New York
Reviewed 8 August 2008

My friends and I just returned from a 3 night, 4 day stay in Seaside Heights. We had 2 six person rooms at the Seapalace Motel. It's probably the best accomodations near the boardwalk. The rooms were clean and each room was given a parking spot which saved us the hassle of trying to find street parking or the expense of parking in a lot. The manager, Soshi, was very nice to us. We enjoyed our days on the beach and our evenings on the boardwalk (clubs, games, rides). If we were to go back to Seaside Heights we would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The Seapalace was close to the beach, the rides and food.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends