“Buon Appetito”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Toms River, New Jersey
“Buon Appetito”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Fresh new place in South Seaside Park, long overdue! All but puts Ebby's South out of business. The baked clams are delicious as is the pasta e fajoli & the Caesar salad as well. For an entree try the grilled shrimp with white beans, excellent!!! Or the Shrimp with rosotto! Does not disappoint. Dine outside if the weather permits. A 10 and a BYOB!!

seaside park
“Bridal Shower Party”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I had my daughter's bridal shower at Capriccio's Restauramt on Saturday. The food was absolutley delicious and the service was wonderful. Chef Ken truly did an outstanding job of pulling it altogehter. I can't thank Chef Ken and Bella enough for all they did for my family. A great time was had by all!

Claire N.

Toms River, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Management, Bad Service”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Sat Eve. 8:00 reservation was fulfilled at 9:15pm, others were waiting for a 7:00 reservation at 8:45...people were giving up their "reservations", too long a wait. Each time we checked...we were kept on the hook by being told "just a few minutes". As we were seated, this began the repetition of apologies'So sorry, thank you for waiting"- we jokingly counted 10 times, only to be repeated for the 2 of the 4 meals ordered (1 one of the specials) they were out of, asked 4 times for glasses for our wine, 2 times for butter for bread...we joked to ourselves....we need to ask for something 15 mins before we needed it.
Mismanagement of "reservations" vs walk-ins: Waiting 1+ hour for a reservation...unacceptable. Let us know up front at 8:00 that you have 7:00 reservations unfulfilled.
Service: Seemed rushed and unable to serve table dinner. Glasses, butter and ice for glasses appeared to be difficult. When waitress disappeared after 1 of our party needed to check menu to choose another item because they were out of the "special", she didnt appear again for 10+ mins.
Food: was good...but not worth the wait.
We did agree on 1 thing, we were not in a rush to eat that night, and Capriccio was not too interested in getting us served. The check however, did not need to be requested more than once.

Ken D, Owner at Capriccio Ristorante, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Yes Yes Yes... This time of year is very hard with the college Kids going back and staff is tough. But with saying that This night was very crazy, I think that everyone in the world want to dine with us and it was very over whelming for all including the customer. I'm sorry for the rushed service that is not the style of dinning I offer and this night shouldn't have been any different. I believe your meal should have been outstanding even thou it took some time, remember we cook to order ...not scoop and serve like others, please join us again and you will see.

Thanks Chef Ken
Seaside Park
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Priority Seating not Reservations"”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Had 7:30 Reservations Sunday and called to see if they were running late. Was told by the hostess Bella that it is "priority seating" not a reservation. Really??? then why call it a reservation when all they do is take your name down and you will have the next available table. We were told to come at 7:45 and at 8:15 were told that our table just got their dinners. It would be another 30 to 45 minutes and our reservation was at 7:30. We probably would have been seated by 9:00PM. We have eaten here twice previously and it is fair for Seaside Park standards but not worth a 2 1/2 hour wait. We would have appreciated honesty, rather than a play on words. As fulltime summer residents, we have heard of this mismanagement frequently from other residents and visitors. Terrible way to run a business. At least if you don't have a reservation you expect a wait. Not worth it rather wait at Mike's ABG.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Linda R
Ken D, Owner at Capriccio Ristorante, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Well, sorry you feel that way, We do take the priority seating way, for this allows us prepare for the night rather than be caught upside down. This will most likely change going into next year. As you know are food is outstanding and only use the freshest of product, which I hand select at the markets. And yes Mikes ABG is a great place I dine there as well... And as you no they don't take reservations and this time of year its a 2 hour wait to get in and 1-2 hours to eat. But please enjoy Mike ABG..

Chef Ken
South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
“Lousy service”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Very bad experience last night at Capriccio. Seated outside. Terrible choice. Overflow crowd milling around with no place to wait to be seated were practically sitting at our table and watching us. Service was the worst I've experienced in a long time. Clearly insufficient servers for the crowd. Took forever to get get any service. House salad was dry. I felt sorry for our server - not her fault - just terribly overworked. Food was very good once we got it (took more than an hour to finally get this!). To top it off, when then lit the Tiki lights outside the American flag behind me caught on fire when the wind blew it into the flame! Quite a night. I doubt I'll ever return.

Ken D, Owner at Capriccio Ristorante, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Well thanks for the honesty, Your most likely right about the service this time of year is very hard I try to employee a mixture of college kids and professionals, and this time of year they just leave with out notice and were caught behind the eight ball, for that I am sorry... As far as the preparation of your meal, we prepare every meal individually and it takes time the normal time for dinner is an hour to hour in a half, As far as the flag goes yes it happened the torches are outside to keep the pest away and it works. I'm sorry your experience wasn't the best, Please try us again and let me know your here. Thanks Chef Ken