“Great experience”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Seaside Park
Annapolis, MD
“Great experience”
Reviewed 8 March 2007

We're a couple in our mid-50's, living in Annapolis, MD. We needed a place to stay in September to attend a function in Toms River. I remembered the Luna Mar from when I was a child, so we decided to take a chance on off-season rates, rather than stay in an expensive, big chain operation in Toms River. For about the same or less money, we had a room overlooking the Atlantic, a very congenial couple who own and operate the place for hosts, and a very, very clean room with not a hint of mold or cigarette smoke, or any oder at all. It was small, but had everything we needed. The complimentary coffee and bagles in the morning was a big plus, as it afforded an opportunity to meet some of the other guests and chat with the owners, a very nice way to start the day. By the way, the pool was open, although we did not take advantage of that.

I'm posting because I saw the post from the couple from NY, who complained that the place was dirty. The only way that is possible is if by mistake, they had gotten a room that had not been cleaned yet. All evidence during our stay showed that they are maticulus about maintenence, (They even cleaned our picture window every day of our stay), and had they complained to the owners, I am sure they would have solved the problem instantly, instead of saying nothing until later so that they had something negative to post.

Stayed September 2006
1 Thank annapguy

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
CT
Reviewed 7 February 2006

The Luna Mar is a typical beachside motel. It's relatively clean and decent for a few nights stay. Love the area… great for families with young children. The Luna Mar has a pool and the beach is right across the street… and a couple blocks down starts FunTown Pier – loaded with rides and amusements for kids. Great summer-time vacation!

Stayed August 2005
4 Thank PDS73
Reviewed 20 April 2005

It's not the best looking place but it is the cleanest place that i have stayed in seaside.I'm a paramedic from N.Y.C and clean is what my room was.It was so so clean when i took a towel and wiped down the table with it the towel stayed clean so dust and no dirt. The best thing about this place is the staff, I had a little problem with my Ac unit about 3:30 am and the guy working the night shift came and gave me a new unit with a problem and was in a good mood while doing it. i will go back there every time i come to seaside.

• Stayed July 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 July 2004

This place was not clean. The remote control didn't work. The lamps were filthy. The walls of the bathroom where so dirty you would think they cleaned with a dirty rag. The dresser and lamp table were so dirty - I had to clean that myself. Only nice thing was the rug which seemed new and clean.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 June 2004

Long shot paid off as they say in racing. Today we left Seaside Park totally pleased with the Luna Mar, which my partner and I found online. Clean rooms (small but no biggie), very nice owners, stones throw from the beach with a view! What more could you ask for! We will be back..........no doubt.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 August 2003

My husband and I were looking for a few days at the last minute in July. We wanted something close to the beach and boardwalk, clean and friendly. We got all of those things right here at the Luna Mar. I found this place on the internet and when calling to book, I told Tom that I wasn't looking for fancy, but, clean. The front room effeciency was very nice. The desk staff were pleasant and the price was right!

Thanks for a fun time. EBH

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2003

Cleanest rooms in town, family oriented, great place to stay if you have any kids

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#4 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Franklin Terrace Motel
Franklin Terrace Motel
#3 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Luna-Mar Motel? Share your experiences!