I always come to Seaside right around the weekend of the 4th of July. About 4 or 5 years ago a friend of mine told me about this motel. Every year, I always come back. I love the location. (As it says on their answering machine), Its the quiet end of the board walk. Its nice and relaxing. The bathrooms were fine. They were clean and had good water pressure. And the bathroom itself wasn't so small you felt cramped.
Although some of the rooms are abit small (snug), they felt cozy and were clean. I don't think the CharlRoy smelled musty at all. As the lady at the front desk had said, some people probably mistook that smell from the ocean air. And yes, I think one stay I had the room had a small area on the carpet that was wet by the door, but it didn't smell bad, and I'm sure they had probably shampooed the carpets. (I had seen the maid doing that once before). Probably why the carpet was wet. People should remember that couples, families, kids, etc.. All sorts or people stay there and they come in the room wet from swimming in the pool or the ocean and get the floor wet. (common sence, your at the beach its gonna happen no matter where you stay).
And finally, as for the prices, in past years yes, I can say the prices were a bit high, (again your at the beach, its not gonna be 50 dollars), but its very convenient and good location so that makes up for it. This year, July 2010, I'd say their prices are not bad at all. They are alot better then some other places. As a matter of fact I just was looking at their website. Its pretty good. You get beach passes, your a couple steps away from getting a good cup of coffee in the morning. (yes, whoever makes the coffee at CharlRoy does a good job and I definitely need my coffee in the a.m.). :) Your right at the boardwalk to go have breakfast. I love this motel and I'm definitely coming back! I'm psyched about July 16, 2010. (That afternoon we should be there)!! My husband likes it too. We are both around 30. Everythings convenient and alot of stuff for us to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Charlroy Motel, a family owned and operated, beach front motel in the heart of Seaside Park, New Jersey. With gracious hospitality and comfortable, clean accommodations, this is the perfect setting for your seashore holiday! Here at the Charlroy, we cater to families and couples. The third generation owner and her family are always on site to welcome you and assure your stay is pleasurable. We have a variety of room types designed to suite your needs and budget. The couple size room has one queen bed and many feature hardwood floors. Our family rooms come with either two queen beds or one queen bed and a set of bunk beds with a kitchenette. All family rooms are newly redecorated and feature refrigerators, microwaves, table and chairs and hard surface flooring. The three room family suite has two bedrooms, living room, two bathrooms and a kitchenette. A sparkling pool and spectacular ocean views greet you at our beachfront motel. All rooms have TV's, personal refrigerators, heat and air conditioning. Other features include free Wi-Fi in all rooms, free beach passes for all paying adults with deposit, a sundeck overlooking the ocean and a newly renovated seasonally heated swimming pool with new lounge chairs. While staying out our hotel, we hope that you take in the beautiful surroundings that our area has to offer. We are located across the street from the beach and one block from the amusements on the famous Seaside Heights boardwalk. From everyone here at Charlroy Motel, we would love to have your family join ours at the shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Charlroy Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlroy Motel Seaside Park
- Charlroy Hotel Seaside Park