Charlroy Motel(Seaside Park)
US$100
Windjammer Motor Inn(Seaside Park)(Great Value!)
US$73
Sky View Manor Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$160
  • Pool
US$160
Dry Dock Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$205
Surfside Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$194
US$148
Seaside Best Rentals(Seaside Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Luna-Mar Motel(Seaside Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmake your own wafflesdoughnutsthe ownerseaside heightsmini bagelsparking lotevery morningacross the streetbeach badgestill lunchthe general managernext yearleave the carbloody marypark the carbreakfast barenjoy the view
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Dirty. Do not stay here...
Location was good
Not clean
Bathroom shower so gross
Just gross overall
Way overpriced
Used Cigarettes and all over the outside hallways
Astro turf hallways
Like staying in an unclean hotel room from the 1970s

• Stayed: August 2014
dspinseaside1, General Manager at Desert Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear Sir,/ Madam,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

The motel is not bad, it was just not for us. The location is great and the motel has a beautiful view of the beach. The motel has a pool which is nice but we didn't use it. The parking is really tight and I felt the rooms were even tighter. I have been told all Jersey shore motels have the same size rooms and this is the standard. I, personally, am not comfortable in a closet and felt like I needed to be the incredible shrinking woman to take a shower. The check in time took a little longer than I liked however, in the end the owner was very pleasant and accommodating. The balcony is shared and could use a good cleaning. This may sound strange but the owner sets up a little breakfast bar outside and it was one of the best everything bagels I have had in a long time.

Room Tip: Do not choose the first room on top of the staircase.

Dear Sir,/ Madam

Sincerely

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I'm very disapointed in my last trip to the Desert Palm. I have been staying at the Desert Palm for years and have always been satisfied with my accommodations. My last visit concluded with my son leaving my I pad on the bed upon check out. I was still at the shore in the evening and decided to take a trip to the office to see if they had located it. The person at the desk told me no. I stayed at another hotel that evening and had my kids unpack and check their bags to make sure we did not have the I pad. We did not. The next morning before leaving for home I stopped back at the Desert Palm. The owner told me I could check the room saying housekeeping had not been in there since I checked out the day before. I went to the room and saw the sheets were stripped from the beds. Beer cans and cigarette butts all over the room looking like an emoloyee had a ball in that room with no I pad to be found. I don't like to acuse anyone, but there is no other explanation of where my I pad could be. i work for a major chain hotel and unfortunately do know what happens to items if people are not honest. I will not visit this establishment again.

1  Thank DMS912

Dear Sir,/ Madam,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We just arrived home from a 3 night stay at the Desert Palm Inn and I have to say that overall, our visit there was very pleasant and the property is better than the average Jersey Shore motel. That being stated, there is room for improvement. I would probably rate the motel 3 and a half stars if that were an option, but given the owner/manager's friendly dispostion and openness to constructive criticism, I'll spot them the extra half star.

First and foremost, the Desert Palm may have one of the best locations in the Seaside area. Only two blocks from the beginning of the boisterous, busy boardwalk, it overlooks the quiet public beach, boardwalk and parking with no obstructing buildings. It was delightful to sit on our shared balcony any time of the day or night for the breeze and view. Having a unit at the end of our floor also kept traffic in front of our door to a minimum. It was possible to open the front and back windows in the room to allow cross ventilation most nights without the use of the air conditioner (during the afternoons, 80+ temperatures required AC to be used when in the roon.)

As others have stated, our recently redecorated room is somewhat crowded given that the were 2 full sized beds, nightstand, 4-drawer dresser, large dorm-sized refrigerator with microwave on top, a desk and chair. The floor was covered with wood laminate and a easier to keep clean even though we were constantly tracking in beach sand. I felt that the room was mostly well cleaned although some of the less accessible areas (under beds, etc) could use additional care. Towels and wash cloths were generously provided as were shampoo packets. Soap was only provided at the sink and conditioner or a blow dryer was none existant but I had my own so this was not a problem. I prefer a firm bed and I appreciated that neither of the beds sagged as often found in small private motels.

The free breakfast included fresh assorted bagels and pastries daily as well as fresh made waffels. I found that the orange juice was tasty and the coffee was just the strength I like and was available until at least 11 am. We also tried the afternoon lemonade and was satisfactory.

Free beach passes were provided with a $50 returnable deposit and saved us $10 a day for each of us over paying at the beach.

I agonized over which area motel for hours before booking the Desert Palm based mostly on its location, breakfast and value. I would not hesitate for a second in going back there again for another visit.

Room Tip: Worth paying for the ocean view.
1  Thank alps_skiing_rocks
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Plusses friendly staff, great view, family oriented, right on the boardwalk/beach. Clean room
Negatives children everywhere loud all night, some bowling above us until 1am. Small, SMALL rooms, small shower. Small Uncomfortable beds not romantic in any way. Balconies are shared with running screaming kids. Cheapest toilet paper on planet bring soap none provided

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple