“Fantastic location, Great service”
Review of Desert Palm Inn

Desert Palm Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Seaside Park
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic location, Great service”
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Just got back yesterday from staying at this hotel. I travel alot and every year visit Seaside. Usually stay in Seaside Heights But due to the stupid No smoking on the beach now in effect on the heights beach I decided to try the Park area. You can smoke on the beach in seaside Park. Found the Desert palm online and after checking out a few other hotels that where booked I gave them a call to see if they had any available rooms. Manager was very friendly and told me he had a room available for the 2 nights I wanted, and even held the room while I checked with partner to see if the dates where O.K. When I called back like 8 hours later, he remembered me and charged my credit card for 1 night to hold the room.

We got to seaside park early on tuesday around 11:30 am. We pulled in the parking lot and I went inside the office to see what time we could check -in. Check -in time was 2 pm. Manager told me room would be ready by 12:15 and said just to park the car, put a deposit down for bach badges and go enjoy the beach till 12:15. Deposit is 40.00 for a beach badge. Saving us 10.00 a day that beach charges for admission.. Saved 40.00 in beach charges by doing this. Beach is right across the street from hotel, 5 min later we where on the beach relaxing.

We went back to the hotel around 12:30, got the key to our room. Second floor, ocean view with a nice small area with chairs to sit outside the room. Very nice, can"t see the bea ch but a nice ocean view. Had the modern key cards and got 2 of them unlike other hotels where we have to share a key. Room had 2 double beds, small flat screen tv, table and 2 chairs, closet area with hangers and shelf above to store clothes. Average size bathroom with small stall shower, very clean. Had big window to enjoy the view. A/C was cranked up when we got to room and kept room really cool the whole stay.

Location was Fantastic, Beach right across the street and bordwalk waas 2 blocks away. Just park your car and everything is in walking distance. I could smoke on the beach and had great hotel and still could hit Boardwalk for nightime fun.

Other perks included free wi-fi in rooms, nice touch other hotels do not include. They also had free breakfast. . Make your own waffles, bagels, dounuts, pastries, O.J., and coffee. perfect setting for meeting other hotel guests and filling up before going to the beach. Breakfast lasted from 7:30 to 11:30 and was kept fully stocked the whole time.

Just amazes me that some people can always find something to complain about. One lady and her son came down, looked at the selection and commented that they " Should have someone making the waffles and should have more of a selection. Her kid really wanted a waffle as she dragged him away.Hey Lady, it is free and you will not find it at any other hotel. They also had lemonade all day which was great for mixing with my vodka to take to the beach.

You could have daily maid service or just have the maid bring new towels, your choice. We got extra towels every day. Service by hotel staff was just great. I got extra pillows. Also had a fridge and microwave in room. Also had a free ice machine to fill coolers for the beach. Very few hotels have that in Seaside.

When we checked out manager told us we could keep our car in the parking lot for the rest of the day if we wanted. We went to the island state park for the beach that day since they only charge 6 bucks per car and beach acess.

I know this is a long review but really wanted to let everyone know what a great place this is to stay. Lookingforward to a trip down there in September and next year. Screw the heights area with its seedy hotels, poor service and stupid rules, I have found my new vacation spot at the Desert palm Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jerseyshorelover

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Hartford, NY
Reviewed 8 August 2010

When I was searching for a place to stay in Seaside Heights/Park I was overwhelmed. A lot of the reviews of motels were negative, it always seems like people only post when they are angry! I vowed I would post either way.

My sister and I felt incredibly lucky to be staying at the Desert Palm Inn. Fabulous location. Right across from the beach, and only a minute from the boardwalk. The rooms were very clean and the maid service did a great job replensishing our towels daily. The office staff was pleasant as well. If you are a runner bring your sneakers, the boardwalk is a great place to get in a run in the morning before it's crowded. Make sure you hit up the Spicy Cantina Restaurant if you are a fan of margharitas.

Just a suggestion for the ladies! There is only one mirror in the room, which is in the bathroom. The bathroom has no electrical plugs. I would suggest bringing an extension cord for your appliances because it was a total pain doing my hair without a mirror!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank jooks12
pa
Reviewed 20 July 2010

we had two rooms on the second floor the view-comfort etc. great clean rooms good service great location good value very friendly management great for the family vacation they did alot of work on the inn free breakfest big inprovement all new railings &steps great job pool is great wish it was open later than 9pm i would say come one come all thank you--

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Close to the beach and attractions. Clean room a plus. Staff polite, knowledgeable, always available if help is needed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Northwest NJ
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed over the July 4th. weekend and had such a great time. The staff could not have been nicer to us letting us stay at the pool most of the day before we registered and after we checked out. The pool area was so nice and clean, we never made it to the beach. Located one block off the southern end of the Seaside boardwalk, it was convenient to everything. Room was clean but modest. Everything thing worked as expected. We'll back back.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank mannequinmann
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Just came back from the shore, the location of the Desert Palm to the beach is amazing,along with the comfortable clean accomadations,it made for a geat early summer vacation

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank caroltaylor_20
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Great rooms,beautiful views, friendly helpful staff. Newly renovated with fantastic heated pool

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
#7 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Sunrise Motel
Sunrise Motel
#3 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Desert Palm Inn? Share your experiences!