“Hard to Get into”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
“Hard to Get into”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Clean, small but comfortable rooms, friendly staff and a perfect location to the Metlife Stadium. I might choose this one for the Super Bowl 2014. It is close and very efficient on my gas considering it is only five minutes away. I was lucky to find this convinient spot to rest.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank EricP2000
nikita g, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Meadowlands, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for choosing HOTEL for your recent stay. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

201-348-8300

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Stromness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We've stayed here a couple of times and it's ok,friendly staff, the rooms were big and serviced well with clean towels every day and the location is very good for going in to NYC, a bus stop very close. The rooms could do with a little attention, carpet a little old & grubby and some furniture a bit shabby but apart from that, fine, very comfortable. I didn't have the breakfast, just coffee which isn't very strong so if you need a good caffiene hit try the gas station next door, theirs is great!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
nikita g, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Meadowlands, responded to this review, 25 October 2013

Orkney
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have stayed here at the Rodeway Inn twice now and have enjoyed our stays. The Rodeway is close to the centre of town and the bus stop to get to the city is a 5 minute walk away. The staff are really friendly and helpful. We will stay here again

Room Tip: Both rooms we had were ok
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
nikita g, Manager at Rodeway Inn Meadowlands, responded to this review, 25 October 2013

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at the Rodeway Inn in Secaucus NJ. I had made the reservation through booking.com and although they advertised the rooms at an average rate of 129$/night, they charged me 199$ plus tax on Saturday night, 129$ for each of the two other nights. So I spent more than expected.

The room had nothing to do with the pictures I had seen online. Furniture and closet door were malfunctioning and old. The rug and the furniture were at least 30 years old. My sister who lives in north NJ came to see me at the hotel and I was ashamed of bringing her to the room.

The walls were as thin as paper as I could listen to every/any conversation going on in the rooms around mine (left, right, upstairs and downstairs from me) and a smell of curry was omnipresent. That was gross.

The good points were reliable wifi and cable, comfortable bed, and free parking and breakfast. But for what I paid, I'd rather stay elsewhere. It wasn't worth what I had to pay

Stayed October 2013
nikita g, Manager at Rodeway Inn Meadowlands, responded to this review, 16 October 2013

Cartago, Costa Rica
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Hi All, I was concerned because of the bad comments but believe me this is a good option to save money and having a spacious room #305. I noticed the hotel was renewed too. We spent there 3 nights in a front side room, I think the noise of the highway did not affect us to sleep at all. The king bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was clean, Wifi connection was appropiate. The room had refrigerator, microwave oven, security safe and Cable TV.

The bus stop is two blocks away, you just have to take the bus #190 ( 20min average trip to Manhattam) the fare is $3.20. The return is from Port Authority to Secaucus Plaza Center. As a tip avoid rush hours to take the bus, it is CRAZY the long line at Port Authority Terminal.

The breakfast is simple but enough and fair for the rate you pay, there are also some restaurants, CVS and stores around. The taxi rate from Newark Intl airport to the hotel is $55-$60.

In summary, you can take this option to save money and stay comfortably in a hotel out of Manhattam.

PS. if you're a NFL fan the Giants Stadium is about 5-10 minute drive.

Room Tip: The bus 190's return is from Port Authority to Secaucus Plaza Center. As a tip avoid rush hours...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Luis C R
nikita g, Manager at Rodeway Inn Meadowlands, responded to this review, 11 October 2013

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Pluses: Generous room size. Room had unadvertised microwave and fridge. Complimentary breakfast is open until 10am every day. Flat screen TV. Free parking. Close to NYC. employees were helpful and friendly. Hotel is next to a very noisy highway. Our room faced away from the highway, but even so I was surprised I didn't hear it in the room.

Cons: Hotel is on a one way access road that can only be accessed from the highway, so to get to it you need to get on the highway heading in the right direction and get off onto the access road and then immediately get off. If you miss the hotel you have to go around and do it all over again. Because the speed on the access road is around 50 mph it feels like you're making a pit stop in a road race. The first time we went to the hotel we totally missed it and had to get back on the highway. We almost missed it the second time around too.

Breakfast area is very small and limited. Not many places to sit. Limited selection of food but did have juices, coffee and water to drink.

Hallways and breakfast areas aren't air conditioned or weren't when we were there and were very warm.

It could take a while to wait for the elevator so I elected to use the stairs a lot.

Beds were too soft and my back bothered me after the 2nd night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side from the highway. Breakfast is served on the 4th floor so I wou...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Michele H
Sherbrooke
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We just spent three nights over there. Clearly, it is a great place to stay while visiting NewYork. Room service daily, generous continental breakfast, clean room with shower and toilet. Best of all, you're at 500' from two bus stops (bus 190 and 122) that brings you at the corner of 42nd and 8th ave in less than thirty minutes for $3.20 per trip. Take the 122 at 8:30 and the 190 at night to get back. Best of all, your car remains quietly at the hotel's parking (free). I recommend this place warmly.
Daniel, Canada

Room Tip: The place may be hard to find even with a GPS. Look at a Google map before going.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family