Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have stayed often during past 3 years at the Homestead Studio Suites Secaucus and the stay has always been good with a very helpful staff, but this time there was a pleasant surprise with the once a week trip to Walmart and the Indian Market and thanks goes to the manager Mash Sopariwala for this

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have your continued loyalty as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Mash Sopariwala was extremely accomodating and nice to our group of teenagers attending "Battle Cry" at the Meadowlands Arena. Elizabeth is also very sweet she also arranged for an upgrade of 2 rooms at no additional charge.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. It is especially rewarding to see our staff members mentioned by name, as it shows the impact they have on our guests!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I was here for my business trip last here, Hotel Staff is very gentel and corporative, They started new offers for indian. like bus service upto indian street and all.

Location is nice and cool, Bus stop is just 10 steps away.Nice connection with NY

Overall nice place to live here

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank abhi_291984
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Yes they ensure what they commit to.. Truly a home away from home feeling is what I get here and that is what it makes me book this hotel again and again , against my wish of exploring new hotels. You get the best services with a homely touch. I can literally keep on writing to make it short story if I start mentioning the individual instances. From the "Front Desk" to the house keeping to the MAnager everyone treats you like a personal guest at their own house. Love yu guys, thanks so much. and something really important to mention. Please note this is not because of few individuals that makes homestead so speacial, It is culture I would say. I stayed here before too and the staff then was awesome and when I checked in this time with completely new faces, the treatment did not change a bit.. so its a culture inherited. Thanks Mash, Ric, Nicole, Jennifer, Liz - the "Front Desk".. esp Liz & Jenni were so helping..ever helping.. Thanks Guys..be the same..

Room Tip: I like the pool view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Went to an event at the Meadowlands Expo. The hotel is not far from the expo (5-10 minutes walk), and the rooms are basic but reasonably priced. That's the Good news. The bad news is they don't give a damn about their guests. I attempted to check-in early and they charged me $28 for an early check-in even though the room as not ready after waiting 1 hour. I specifically told the desk person that I did not want to be waiting in a long line with everyone else who is checking in at 2:00am after our event ended. They ASSURED ME (and several other guests) that we would not wait in line and could easily pickup our keys. That Never happened. Myself and several other guest reservations were simply 'Lost' even though we paid for early check-in. The night clerk did not even know how to work the computer and could not do anything to help us. There was no backup procedure and he could not even get us anyone with authority..Luckily someone had the manager's business card and actually woke him up and he came to let us in. The whole thing took over 1 hour. Then my key did not work for the other 3 days. What a hassle. When I went to check-out they acted like it was a big generous deal for them to refund me the $28 I PAID for the early-check-in I never received. I was not happy with this. So I called and left a voice mail for the manager. That was 3 days ago. Do you think he called me back? NO. He does not give a damn.
Oh and the 'free wi-fi' is like having dial-up. You need to pay to get bandwidth.
I've stayed at hotels all over the world but won't stay here again. What a joke.

Room Tip: Book Elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jay R

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

I hope that we were able to address most of your concerns with our return phone call. My apologies for the delay. Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances. We are also retraining the night staff on the check in process so that this is a seamless process in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Had a great exeperience staying at Homestead Studio Suites. The hotel is very well placed and have frequent bus services just 1 min. away from Hotel. The room are very neat, clean & tidy. The staff at frontdesk are also very friendly and helpful. The room service is also excellent. They have very good fitness gym and a pool. The backyard is very pleasent to get together with family and friends and spent a nice time.

It is much recommended for extended stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Clean, quiet, and well priced - Very good hotel

Have just returned from an enjoyable stay at Homestead suites Meadowlands. The room, was clean and in very good condition. Staff was very helpful and we were able to use the business facilties to go online.The hotel is situated near hermen medows, you can easily reach to the Heart of NY City within 15 mins.

Regards,
Anand

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.