Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Motel(Secaucus)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewshomestead studio suitesprepackaged muffinsnew yorkthe busgrab and gomovie theatersmall kitchenport authoritygeneral managereasy commutehome away from homeking suitespecial thanksawesome hotelsam's clublincoln tunneliris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I have been staying at Extended Stay - SEC for a few months now..and this is my 3rd extended-stay here at Secaucus Homstead. For longer duration business trips, this has become home instead. I guess it says a lot about this place itself!
During my stay I have seen many positive changes and I thought I should write this and give credit where it's due. Some of the noticeable changes here:

1) High speed internet: This was one of the severe pain-points for IT professionals like me for office work, and also serves Infotainment needs of non-IT guests.
2) Scheduled weekly trips to Little India and Wal-Mart: This helps the guest a great deal who have come here from foreign countries for business assignments and don’t have car in possession for their grocery needs.
3) Observed individual’s birthday celebration from the staff: This gives out the message “Management cares!” for staff. This in turn translates into staff going an extra mile for guests to exceed the expectations.
4) New equipment in Gym
6) Clean and Hygienic rooms: This certainly makes the stay comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Thank Mohan.sqa
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to share your positive stories about your stay at the Homestead Secaucus – Meadowlands with others. I am thrilled to know that the changes we have been implementing have had such an impact, and feedback from guests such as you is the best way for us to know how we are doing. As you mentioned yourself in your survey, we truly do care!
Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Excellent hotel for visiting New York City. Bus to Manhattan Port Authority Bus Terminal picks up right outside the Hotel every 15 minutes or so.
Manager of this hotel was very accomodating. He and the Staff did everything possible to make our stay very pleasant.
The rooms were being renivated when we stayed there and we had a newly renivated suite with a separated bedroom. This suite allowed the wife to rise early and drink her coffee while I continued to sleep. In the next few weeks, all of the rooms should be renivated. The full kitchen, with refrigerator, stove, microwave, and dishes, was convenient for quick breakfasts. We spent most of the days touring New York City. The staff did freshen the rooms daily.
Overall, we enjoyed the hotel. We had stayed at this same hotel last October and found its convenience worth while so we booked it again for our 3 night stay on May.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side do not have as much street noise, but both times we stayed here we had rooms on the east side and the street noise did not bother us.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Prentice,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wi-fi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. Knowing that you had such a positive impression of our renovations meant a great deal to us as well!

Reviewed 8 May 2012

My travel every day into NYC is a short bus ride that leaves me right at 8th avenue and 40th street, a short walk to the Empire State building, or Broadway shows, the Intrepid air and sea museum, wonderful restaurants, or a short cab ride to almost any attraction in New York city. Unfortunately I am here on business, even though staying at the Homestead in Secaucus during this time has made this business trip seem like a wonderful vacation - they even have a pool! The staff is considerate, courteous and attentive - a reflection of Mash, the manager's example. I feel comfortable and safe here, and having travelled for business for more than 20 years, I can attest to just how important those simple things can be. This is my hotel of choice when visiting New York City.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Tom,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. To hear that an experienced traveler such as yourself feels as though they are on vacation, when they are actually here for a work-related stay, is especially rewarding to us! Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Location is perfect. There are plenty of restaurants nearby on walking distance. Wallmart is close. I stayed for two weeks on a business trip where I had to travel to WTC. The bus stop is just next to the hotel and it takes around 40 mins to WTC. Bus 320 to port authority and then subway. Restaurant staff is helpful. I wanted to take an urgent print-out and their kiosk PC was not working, the lady at receiption was helpful to share her desk PC for me to take a print.

Hotel runs free shuttle to wallmart and Little India once a week. That was helpful too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Kailas,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have stayed often during past 3 years at the Homestead Studio Suites Secaucus and the stay has always been good with a very helpful staff, but this time there was a pleasant surprise with the once a week trip to Walmart and the Indian Market and thanks goes to the manager Mash Sopariwala for this

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have your continued loyalty as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.