Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed 1 July 2013

From the beginning to the end (only 2 nights) it was a great experience. I have never stayed in an extended stay hotel before and probably wouldn't have chosen this hotel if it hadn't been for booking through Hotwire. (you don't know what you'll get - you chose by price and stars). When my friend and I arrived, the front desk clerk told us that Hotwire had booked us in a room with a single bed and a pull out couch. I was ready to get mad, but Victor stopped me before that happened and offered a room with 2 beds for an extra $20 per person a night. My friend was only staying for one night (we were going to a conference at the Meadowlands Expo Center) and I was staying 2. Victor then said that he could give us a king suite at no extra cost with 2 rooms - a king size bed and pull out couch in the other room. We took that and it was a very nice suite. The whole place was sparkling clean, the staff from house keepers to all front desk personnel were nothing but friendly and helpful. The fact that the room as a kitchen with full size refrigerator, sink with filter on the water faucet so you can drink the water, coffee maker with coffee, toaster, cook top small stove with pots, pans, china, flatware was awesome. You can move right in with your groceries. Maybe bring paper towels, that's it.

I saw the fitness room, laundry area, but didn't use them. For breakfast there's a variety of muffins, hot cereal packets, fruit and coffee etc. I only saw it the one morning, so don't know if they change it up.

It was very convenient for the Expo Center. You could walk to it. The area(walking distance) has many hotels, businesses and loads of restaurants and shops and very nice surroundings. There a big movie complex as well and bus stops that will take you into New York.

My concern was whether or not to walk the one night to the expo center as it would be dark when returning to the hotel. Victor was on again that evening and assured me that it was safe to walk due to the amount of security personnel and police patrolling the area a night because of the movie theater and multiple restaurants and big parking lots. I did walk and felt completely safe walking a 9:30PM back to the hotel (about 10 - 12 min walk).

Check out was easy - the General Manager himself, Mash Sopariwala, checked me out. I wouldn't have known that except I asked for an envelope to write a note to Victor and give him a tip for his great customer service and friendliness.

Room Tip: Rooms on the northside are probably quieter as there was a busy road on my side (south). Know that...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We just came back from a 3 night stay at Extended Stay America and we could not have been more satisfied with our experience. First of all, the location was perfect - the bus stop for the 320 bus that takes you straight to Port Authority (5 minute walk to Times Square) was right across the street. The room was very spacious and clean - we stayed in the deluxe studio 2 double bed suite, which included a sofa bed and a kitchenette (more than enough!). All the staff members were very welcoming and understanding, especially Mr. Mash Sopariwala, the manager. He went out of his way to accommodate us. He truly cares about his guests and he is very friendly and helpful. Mr. Mash, we thank you again for all your help and we will definitely be staying at this hotel on our next trip to New York!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ilinca E
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The Extended Stay America was well worth the visit. Close to the bus stop (bus 320) taking us into New York City (Port Authority - 8th and 41st Street). The bus trip was approx 25 mins. The hotel was clean and spacious. We were a party of 5 (four adults and a child). There was also a pool available which we used. The breakfast was a 'grab and go', we bought breakfast cereals from the local Walmart. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance. I would certainly visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Neil Y
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our facilities and ease of access to NYC. As well, I am so happy that you found our hotel to be clean and spacious.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed 12 nights in ESA and was very happy with the arrangements made and the attitude of hotel staff

There are many restaurants near by and that makes the stay more comfortable for you. This gives you good value for your money especially if you need to stay for more than 2 weeks

Rajesh

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. We are so happy to know you enjoyed your stay and liked our staff and location. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

If you'll be in NYC for a few days for work or play but don't want to deal with NYC hotel prices, this hotel might be a good option for you. Read the hotel information carefully before you book, as they make it clear that they do not provide daily housekeeping and there is no business center. Buses to NYC run frequently from a bus stop right outside the hotel. If you're not headed into the city, the hotel is within walking distance of a number of (chain) restaurants and a movie theater. I stayed in one of the larger "suites" (a decent-sized room with a kitchenette); the full-size refrigerator/freezer, small microwave, dishwasher, two-unit cooktop, and eating utensils/plates/glasses, etc. were a big plus. The bed and couch were comfortable, and I liked the arrangement of the room. On the downside, the towels were thin, even threadbare in one case. The air conditioning unit was noisy and all but blasted you out of your shoes if you went near it. Management was not effective in solving a problem I had with noisy neighbors during quiet hours (10 pm to 8 am), although that only happened on the last night of my stay. The front desk guy tried to charge me $25 because I wanted to check in 90 minutes before their stated check-in time, but that is not unique to this hotel, though it's incredibly annoying (I refused to pony up the extra money but was ultimately allowed to check in a little early anyway). Overall, a good stay (TripAdvisor has no "good" rating???).

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on a higher floor and facing the parking lot, as opposed...
Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank VoixDuChocolat
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that you liked your room. We are sorry that our towels did not meet your needs and that your A/C disturbed you throughout your stay. We also apologize that there was not manager on staff during the time you reported the situation with the neighbors. Still, we are happy to read that we provided you with a good stay, despite the issues that you experienced.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

الترجمة
The hotel is very nice and the service was excellent and all the staff treated everyone with excellent good and the rooms are large and good room service and cleaning good ČÓ hotel in trouble and bathroom unit Mavi Shattaf ČÓ

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing you with such excellent service. We look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

This place is so nice to stay, very clean and tidy. Easy connect through NJ transit to NYC and this place is surrounded by few restaurants and malls which is a nice thing to have. The staff are very co-operative and love the ambiance here. Convenient kitchen and bath with basic amenities to start up with. Had a really good time and hope to visit in future.

Room Tip: Anything is fine :-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you loved the comfort and convenience of our hotel. As well, it is really great that you found our staff to be responsive to your needs.