From the beginning to the end (only 2 nights) it was a great experience. I have never stayed in an extended stay hotel before and probably wouldn't have chosen this hotel if it hadn't been for booking through Hotwire. (you don't know what you'll get - you chose by price and stars). When my friend and I arrived, the front desk clerk told us that Hotwire had booked us in a room with a single bed and a pull out couch. I was ready to get mad, but Victor stopped me before that happened and offered a room with 2 beds for an extra $20 per person a night. My friend was only staying for one night (we were going to a conference at the Meadowlands Expo Center) and I was staying 2. Victor then said that he could give us a king suite at no extra cost with 2 rooms - a king size bed and pull out couch in the other room. We took that and it was a very nice suite. The whole place was sparkling clean, the staff from house keepers to all front desk personnel were nothing but friendly and helpful. The fact that the room as a kitchen with full size refrigerator, sink with filter on the water faucet so you can drink the water, coffee maker with coffee, toaster, cook top small stove with pots, pans, china, flatware was awesome. You can move right in with your groceries. Maybe bring paper towels, that's it.
I saw the fitness room, laundry area, but didn't use them. For breakfast there's a variety of muffins, hot cereal packets, fruit and coffee etc. I only saw it the one morning, so don't know if they change it up.
It was very convenient for the Expo Center. You could walk to it. The area(walking distance) has many hotels, businesses and loads of restaurants and shops and very nice surroundings. There a big movie complex as well and bus stops that will take you into New York.
My concern was whether or not to walk the one night to the expo center as it would be dark when returning to the hotel. Victor was on again that evening and assured me that it was safe to walk due to the amount of security personnel and police patrolling the area a night because of the movie theater and multiple restaurants and big parking lots. I did walk and felt completely safe walking a 9:30PM back to the hotel (about 10 - 12 min walk).
Check out was easy - the General Manager himself, Mash Sopariwala, checked me out. I wouldn't have known that except I asked for an envelope to write a note to Victor and give him a tip for his great customer service and friendliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Secaucus Meadowlands Hotel Secaucus
- Homestead Secaucus
- Homestead Suites Secaucus
- Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area New Jersey
- Secaucus Homestead Suites