“Great Stay Great Price”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Houston, Texas
“Great Stay Great Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is a great stay, but don't try to check in early, its 25 fee. And this hotel does that. I had to kill 2 hrs sitting outside because I refuse to pay 25 bucks to check in early. I have stayed at other locations of this brand and never got charged. So, that is downfall. But the room was amazing and was nice and cozy. I felt like I was at home or something. Its a good location and a great stay. If your staying a while Id suggest staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate you with an early check in. Still, I am glad that you enjoyed your clean, cozy room and our convenient location. It's great to hear that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights while visiting NY city. They have nice and clean rooms, and good rate. What impressed me more is their staff, particularly the manager Victor. Will book this place next time we visit NYC.

Room Tip: If you need some recommendations on site seeing or a place for dinner, ask Victor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
William - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The property is very new and clean and the price is right for what you get, especially convenience to NYC. They seem to be running it with one front desk person and that's not enough, especially when he's doing coffee-replenishing duty in the morning. The breakfast is pretty sparse, and a place with a kitchen in your room would probably do a good business selling stuff to actually use in the kitchen, at least microwaveable meals and drinks, especially since there's no store in easy walking distance. But as long as you know what you're getting, it's fine.

1 Thank Rich041
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to learn that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback regarding our staffing and the free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Central PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Haven't stayed in an Extended Stay America since the bad old days in 2009, but thought I would take a chance, given the rate, the new exterior look and the great commuter location for downtown NYC from Harmon Meadows (bus stops out front nearly every 15 minutes. $3.95 one way to the Port Authority.) New corporate owners pumped money into the chain, apparently. Nice, basic accommodations. Nothing fancy, but pleasant color scheme freshens up the place. Bed was comfortable. Very clean room. Couch pretty cheesy. Refrigerator a bit noisy. Internet speed was a tad slow, but when you first sign-in, they try to get you to pay for an upgrade. (Please don't nickel and dime me.) Front desk help was exceptionally helpful getting checked in and feeling welcome (and no, marketing department, I don't feel "at home". My home is different. I feel like I'm staying in a nice budget hotel that won't give me a backache from the room or a headache from the front desk. In fact, I have to give credit to Liz, front desk and Tom, the assistant manager for greeting and making me feel welcome. Clearly, they paid attention during the customer service training.

1 Thank Cuisineforall
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Saved some money on a vacation with this place. Not worth it. No one at the front desk, you have to call someone via courtesy phone. When they finally pick up, they meander to the desk. This was during check in, check out and another... The other was laundry. They have machines on site, but I elected to use their service. The service lost my laundry. Things happen, I know, but the front desk guy asked me what I expected him to do about it. I told him to make a call and find it. I got it back the next day, was charged full price for the service and not a single "sorry about that" from anyone. So yeah, it's cheap. But be warned, it's worth every penny.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Aranthorn
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I apologize for the level of customer service displayed during your stay. I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service polices and guest protocol to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you have any additional comments, please reach out to me directly at, sec@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel is not new but it is in very good condition and very clean and comfortable. The location is fantastic to visit NEW YORK (bus 320 EXPRESS to Port Authority in NYC in front). We arrived late after a long drive and where greeted by IRIS. She offered BY FAR the MOST FRIENDLY service we had in an hotel in YEARS. She was friendly, looked like she enjoyed her work and was extremely helpful. The manager Elizabeth (the next morning) was very helpful and even helped us find easy parking for our weekly cruise after our stay. Everything was great with plenty of restaurants at walking distance (a big open mall).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I’m so pleased to hear that you found our staff, especially Iris and Elizabeth, to be friendly and helpful during your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to them. As well, I’m glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfy room and our convenient location. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Don't expect to be able to cook a meal with the kitchen supplies or utensils provided.
Sofa bed extremely uncomfortable and was missing blankets.
The rooms were clean. Only two chairs in the room. So you need to sit on the sofa bed to eat.
15' from NYC. Bus stop in front of lobby.

Room Tip: The reservation was for 4 people with a queen bed and a sofa bed. We ended up with a king and a sof...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Patricia - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that our location was convenient to your travel needs. Still, I apologize that your fully equipped kitchen and sofa bed did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.