Open today: 08:00 - 17:00

Not my Favorite, But it Was Organized and Staffed Well

Reviewed 7 June 2018
Kathryn G
Boynton Beach

All reviews trade show plenty of parking large event hotels within walking distance convention seminar crowding vendors concessions
Reviewed 1 week ago

This venue is surrounded by hotels and restaurants so there are plenty of options for your stay. At the event we had comfortable chairs with padded backs and seats (they do not fold). Temperature was comfortable. Alas during breaks everyone wants to use the restroom, naturally, and the lines were very long.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Flew to NYC for a Outlander convention at the Meadowlands Exposition Center. Stayed next door at the Embassy Suites (great facility). Disappointed in the facility. The sound system was very poor. The seating consisted of small metal folding chairs that were zip tied together to form rows. For such a nice facility outside, seems like second rate inside. We paid $80 per ticket, and were seated about half way, but could not hear or understand what was being said on stage.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We had a trade show there in March. Though I am not fond of the "town" they've build around it, I do have to admit that the staff was nice and it was organized, despite changes from the year before. I am recommending to my company we return next year.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Nice clean venue. Lots of food options, albeit a bit pricey for those trapped by work. lots of food options within reasonable walking distance. close parking at no additional charge!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Great location - abundant parking, many resturants nearby, many options for accomodations nearby. Large space for exhibitors with ample areas for seminars and woorkshops.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Worked an event here. Easy access to facilities. Lots of parking and free. Staff friendly and bathrooms clean

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Huge show for companies tat fix cars that have been in collisions or need repair. Awesome technology.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

I went to the exposition center for the supernatural convention in September 2017. I was pleasantly surprised to find it far less crowded than the previous year. At first it didn't make sense logically to me, because they had just as many fans as the previous year. However, on the second day, I realized the staff were far more prepared, and that's why it worked out this time. The SPN fandom conventions are notoriously large (which is the reason we switched locations in the first place). Even though it hadn't worked out so well two years ago at this location. The venue clearly did everything in their power to straighten out the kinks in their strategy (and it miraculously worked!) Against all odds, the staff members managed to utilize the screens in the main theater to full effect. They used it (rather brilliantly in my opinion) to keep the areas from crowding by controlling the flow. Since a large majority of fans could sit in the theater and wait for their ticket numbers to appear on screen. It meant people weren't being crowded into the main area like sardines (like last year). It was a very nice change of scenery to actually be able to walk through the main area and into the vendors room without fighting through a crowd. In fact, the times between photo ops and call-outs, caused some areas to look down right sparse. I wouldn't hesitate to come again if they continue to show such excellent leadership skills. I especially enjoyed the large array of vendors (including The New Leash on Life table). I really loved the service dog they brought from their organization, and getting a chance to contribute to such a wonderful charity. It certainly made the convention a much more pleasant experience! In fact, the only issue I had during the trip came from the theaters choice of stage lighting. I was sitting in the second row (so I should have gotten decent pictures), but the lighting made that difficult. I can't help but think I would have gotten better pictures with a cheaper ticket, and a seat farther in the back.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Nice Convention Center with closeness to hotels and plenty of parking. Had a large event and staff and maintenance were very helpful. Easy to get there by car and overall good location.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I'm rating this poor because it's missing a huge, HUGE piece. AN ELEVATOR! There is a ramp outside, but once you're inside, you have no way to get to the second floor. If there is nothing happening upstairs, that's fine... but if there is, you're SOL. There's only one bathroom so it's a little inconvenient, especially when the place is busy. There are very few rooms, so if you have an event where there is someone on stage, you'll hear it throughout the whole floor since it's all open. There are four rooms that can be closed off, but are folding walls, so they aren't sound proof in the slightest. The employees there did keep it clean and the food, while not great, wasn't too expensive.